**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How does everyone feel about Canadian difficulty this month?

bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
I quite like it this month. I know it's not for everyone, but I think the nodes are an improvement over the other sidequests.

-Breakthrough means we hit harder and harder as the fight goes on.
-poison vulnerability paths give us a way to end fights quickly since it is paired with toxicant
-the mystic path last week with 3 debuffs is a good example of them not limiting our options too much, ie there are lots of ways to get around that node.
-caustic temper gives us lots of options for champs to use
-buffed up + rich get richer means we can use lots of champs who have buffs and be rewarded.
-power reserve + power shield lets us keep firing specials for big damage.
-bleed vulnerability rewards the player for bringing a bleeder, but doesn't punish us for not bringing one.
-lots of corvus charges for those who want to use him.
-the 300k health Sasquatch is a bit annoying, but at least he doesn't have extra buffs on him.

Some of the paths are a bit harder than others but the overall direction is "make the path hard, but give us a way to counter it with our roster, and not with a specific champ I may not have" is a good first step in my opinion. The nodes aren't overly punishing ye some are challenging.

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    I'd say it's incredibly easy, maybe too easy. The big thing I'd change is the Sasquatch ambush. I would've liked to see unavoidable ambushes so that players can't just quit out and not encounter him again. Otherwise, I like the rewards and the nodes are fun, I guess. Just not what I was expecting for the top difficulty. At least this time around we don't have to fight the same character over and over again, like MME.
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★
    I'll be honest here. in week one when ever I got ambushed by that Sasquatch, I get pissed, but now that I've faced him more and more, he's not bad at all. Just make sure you get to 100 hits in and you can out damage his regeneration without a counter champion, all thanks to the breakthrough node (without breakthrough It would be another story).
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Could argue it’s too easy if this is how hard cavalier difficulty is meant to be. I like the node combinations making me use different champs though.

Absolutely despise this type of side event though.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    For what it is, it's just fine. When Cavalier comes out, it will be harder. For the Side Event that's meant to be a step up from Epic, it's just fine.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Too easy. I feel like the quests so far could all be done with 4* let alone needing 5 or 6* to complete.
  • PyrdaPyrda Posts: 255 ★★
    It’s fine as it is for me, some nodes are easy some are hard (or u just have to think who to bring from your rooster) to all the people who want it harder, it’s a monthly thing not something like abyss or act6.2-4 so calm down there will be other challenges you can master, cavalier difficulty should be fun and challenging for more then 10% of the player base. Don’t get me wrong it should be so hard that s1 who just get cavalier one week ago really has a hard time to master it, but someone with a good variety of champs should be able to master it without playing godlike.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    It’s fun. I’ve found it quite easy, but it seems like kabam has really stepped it up and made node combinations that reward the player for optimal play. I’m also quite glad that many weaker cav players have realized that even they can counter most of the annoying things by themselves without going to the forums to complain about every node that reduces damage.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I found it moderate difficulty myself ... in each chapter so far, there has been 1 lane which has caused me some bigger headaches .. and each time, it was because my roster is still "narrow" .. that is, I don't have a LOT of champs ranked up.

So I think the direction they're taking, is simply:

Do you have a wide roster? (ie many different options for utility, buffs, debuffs, etc, ) .
    If so, you will find it "easier" than most.
    If you do not, you might find some paths extremely difficult.

I'm ok with that kind of style ... as long as the options are "too" limited to just 1 or 2 champs .. There has to be a reasonable number of champion options .. and/or a reasonable play style to use to get through stuff.