**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Alliance War is horrible...

Comments

• Mike has mentioned in the aw change thread that they will be making more changes.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I know, but it was worth it.

And lighten up Francis.

Doesn't matter to me. It's your Account. Just thought I would point it out incase you weren't aware. Since you are, best of luck.
  • [/quote]
    Doesn't matter to me. It's your Account. Just thought I would point it out incase you weren't aware. Since you are, best of luck. [/quote]

Dude you are the biggest #{{}}#

Yes. The problem is me. *sarcasm* Except someone will come across that and think it's a genuine Post, and that will cause a stir based on false information. So I pointed out that it's not real, and is highly against the rules.
  • I know, but it was worth it.

And lighten up Francis.

The mods should thank you themselves, the way many of us feel waiting weeks or months on end for mere words is infuriating, something like this makes the forums enjoyable, and nobody was personally attacked.
    Yup. Posted his response here in case you missed it.
    Hey All,

Thank you for the feedback on Alliance Wars and the recent changes that we made to the Mode!

We’ve made some further adjustments to the mode following the first week of Alliance Wars, and we’re not done yet! We had a set of goals from the get go to make Alliance Wars more fun, engaging, varied, and to address a lot of the concerns that you all had brought up over the course of Alliance Wars existence in game.

We agree we haven't hit those goals yet, so we've planned some really exciting changes I've outlined below!

1) Because so many people were so concerned about defender kills, we've decided that it's now not possible for your attackers to KO. Once your champ reaches 1 health you will no longer lose any health.

2) We also agree that our champs were too menacing looking. We are going to replace all weapons with pillows.

3) Because of the weapon change Alliance War will be renamed to Alliance Pillow Fight!

4) We also recognize that not all champs have equal usefulness so to balance things out we've decided that all champs will be nerfed to the point that they are as awesome as Kamala Khan. Defender Diversity would no longer be an issue so we will remove that aspect from the game.

All these changes and more are on the way so stay tuned!

Funny, but impersonating a Mod is highly against the rules.

You come way closer to impersonating mods than this obviously fake post, even going so far as to say "I'm not the mod who....".
    Also saying here is a post from mike is nothing like saying I am a mod.
    And what is this, telling someone "it's your account ", well duh! Unless you're implying something should happen to it, which would be for a moderator to do..

There is a huge difference between reiterating what the Mods have said and fabricating a comment made by the Mod, in the same Font used, and under the same Heading.
    As for that comment, I never said I was a Mod. I said I wasn't the Mod who deleted it. Mod, person, one, same thing. I'm not arguing semantics.
    edited September 2017
    Not at all, actually. I (as in myself) am not (self-explanatory) the Mod (individual responsible) who deleted it (made the Thread disappear). Really not that hard to understand. Now, if you're looking for another way to interpret that so as to imply something, I'm sure anything could be misinterpreted.
  • King_turd123King_turd123 Posts: 156
    edited September 2017
    Alright I'll give you that one
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Yes. The problem is me. *sarcasm* Except someone will come across that and think it's a genuine Post, and that will cause a stir based on false information. So I pointed out that it's not real, and is highly against the rules.

seriously? We just want a little entertainment as we watch a game we all love collapse bc they have changed our favorite format for the worst.

Oh great...now I'm going to get a lecture about how some people might like this and how all champs are good defenders but it's one's subjective opinion...but it's no bc it's based on kills...or...soemthing
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Not at all, actually. I (as in myself) am not (self-explanatory) the Mod (individual responsible) who deleted it (made the Thread disappear). Really not that hard to understand. Now, if you're looking for another way to interpret that so as to imply something, I'm sure anything could be misinterpreted.

Honest question. How many posts do u flag per day on average?
    Run477 wrote: »

Good grief man, seriously? We just want a little entertainment as we watch a game we all love collapse over a terrible decision.

Oh great...now I'm going to get a lecture about how some people might like this and how all champs are good defenders but it's one's subjective opinion...but it's no bc it's based on kills...or...soemthing

Not at all. There are many Threads on the new War System, and I've debated it ad nauseum. When someone posts a false comment by a Mod, I'm going to point out the fact that it is false. Simple as that.
  • Run477 wrote: »

Good grief man, seriously? We just want a little entertainment as we watch a game we all love collapse over a terrible decision.

Not at all. There are many Threads on the new War System, and I've debated it ad nauseum. When someone posts a false comment by a Mod, I'm going to point out the fact that it is false. Simple as that.

Ok, that's fine, obviously within the rules to do so.
    Does it hurt to just tap the flag, and give others credit enough that they can see it's fake just like you were able to do?
    Or does it have to go to the extremity of "good luck with your account "?
    I'm still being referred to as a smartass and a cuck (yes, spelled like that) in another thread, and that's AFTER a mod cleaned it up, and you can't argue anybody did anything worse than that here.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Run477 wrote: »

I agree on this thought , creating any chaos isn't fun , but that was funny at some point ...should have made a note at the bottom. Lol

edited September 2017
    You're paraphrasing. I said it's their Account. As in, it's their choice and their responsibility. That was in response to the comment that they are aware of the rules. I said good luck because of what may happen as a result of breaking the rules.
    Is it necessary to point out instead of Flagging it? Yes. If someone were to read the Thread and interpret that as a genuine comment, it would likely cause anger. Not everyone who comes here frequents the Forum enough to get the joke. People rely on comments made by Moderation. It's a pretty serious thing to impersonate them. Yes, it was necessary.
  • You're paraphrasing. I said it's their Account. As in, it's their choice and their responsibility. That was in response to the comment that they are aware of the rules. I said good luck because of what may happen as a result of breaking the rules.
    Is it necessary to point out instead of Flagging it? Yes. If someone were to read the Thread and interpret that as a genuine comment, it would likely cause anger. Not everyone who comes here frequents the Forum enough to get the joke. People rely on comments made by Moderation. It's a pretty serious thing to impersonate them. Yes, it was necessary.

Yes, I can see the wisdom clearly now.

Forums flooded with furious players who were all promised Alliance Pillow Fights.

All of them harassing kabammike incessantly for pillows, you said we'd have pillows. What will the crit boosts for feather pillows be kabammiike? Hey kabammiike when I hold back for 2 seconds how come luke cage doesn't fold the pillow and tuck it back into the pillow case for extra damage?
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    I thought this was real until I read point 2, point 1 sounds like something that kabam would actually do.

They just come up with ideas and then implement them without thinking them through properly. Part of software development is risk assessment which obviously never gets done...
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    You're better off just putting GW on ignore.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Placing 'you know who' on ignore has made these forums much more enjoyable.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Only problem with placing him on ignore is I can no longer rightly flag his post as spam
This discussion has been closed.