**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Willpower worth it if you don't run suicides?

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
Simple question. I'm looking got max Deep Wounds, Assassin's, and Despair. I was thinking about stopping there cause my champs aren't the best for suicides. I've heard good things about Willpower, but that would mean I have to waste points in defense to be able to get them there. What do you think?

Is Willpower worth it if you don't run suicides? 58 votes

Yes, unlock Willpower
87%
Haji_SaabSaiyanSpicyslicerLvernon15Ab_SamadNojokejaymWarBros23JayBird_IsTheWordHendrossHeattblasttBeerswooThe_Blue_JaguarGhostboytjieRakeYoungGogeta91199Notsavage19Denslo500Dr_Z01dbergChawi79Hector_1475 51 votes
No, leave it
12%
AwesomoChaosAnthinhoUmbertoDelRioKingKevin8Přìņče01Tostig32Lobster44 7 votes

Comments

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Yes, unlock Willpower
    Yes, definitely. I run max Willpower and I also have max Despair, but not max Deep Wounds and Assasins (I think 2 points at each). It works for me.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yes, unlock Willpower
    I always run it, 99% if the time I have suicides but even without them it has many uses, and there seems to be an increasing frequency of nodes that debuff you
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Thanks for your opinions, everyone. So what do you think I should take the points away from, then? Cause this is what I was initially striving towards:
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Yes, unlock Willpower
    Etjama said:

Thanks for your opinions, everyone. So what do you think I should take the points away from, then? Cause this is what I was initially striving towards:

I don't run petrify or pacify. you also might want to consider removing some points from assassin or dw
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    It's good to have but also you have to give up on something (Deep wounds, Assassin or MD). I like all 3 so my willpower is off and only activate for some fights on war
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Yes, unlock Willpower
    Kabam is doing more debuffs, so it triggers fairly frequently. Aarkus, Sasquatch, etc

AQ science doombots are less annoying when they heal you.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Yes, unlock Willpower
    On Suicides, check out Contestchampion/Brian Grant. You might change your mind.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Yes, unlock Willpower
    Petrify isn’t worth maxing imo - only worth 1 point if you’re planning on running Pacify (which is much more useful).

You could also divert points from Glass Cannon and Courage. For Courage especially, the second and third points only add 5% potency each, whereas the first point is 10% on it’s own, so it’s usually not worth maxing for everyday questing.
    edited July 2020

Petrify isn’t worth maxing imo - only worth 1 point if you’re planning on running Pacify (which is much more useful).

You could also divert points from Glass Cannon and Courage. For Courage especially, the second and third points only add 5% potency each, whereas the first point is 10% on it’s own, so it’s usually not worth maxing for everyday questing.

I only maxed Petrify to run MD. Don't feel the need for Pacify. Petrify's just kinda nice to have since I use champs like Corvus and HT a lot where I just used 3 combos so all the hits are when they're stunned so they gain a lot less power. So I figured that's where I'd put the points since I need em. Basically, I want to run MD so I don't have any leeway in the proficiencies area. So I need to take 8 points out of offense. That would give me enough to unlock Willpower and max it out.
    Denslo500 said:

On Suicides, check out Contestchampion/Brian Grant. You might change your mind.

I'm familiar with him. Suicides just won't go good with my roster.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yes, unlock Willpower
    Etjama said:

I only maxed Petrify to run MD. Don't feel the need for Pacify. Petrify's just kinda nice to have since I use champs like Corvus and HT a lot where I just used 3 combos so all the hits are when they're stunned so they gain a lot less power. So I figured that's where I'd put the points since I need em. Basically, I want to run MD so I don't have any leeway in the proficiencies area. So I need to take 8 points out of offense. That would give me enough to unlock Willpower and max it out.
    I don’t like petrify at all honestly, a lot of the time I find it better to give the opponent power and use it to my advantage
    Yes, unlock Willpower
    Lvernon15 said:

Etjama said:

I don’t like petrify at all honestly, a lot of the time I find it better to give the opponent power and use it to my advantage
    Agreed, usually more power to them = more openings for me. If I’m in a situation where I need to limit combat power, there are a bunch of different power management champs I can bring through instead of relying on a specific mastery. Pacify > Petrify imo if you need the Proficiency investment for MD.
    edited July 2020
    Yes, unlock Willpower
    Etjama said:

If I were you I’d divert points from Assassin, Courage, and Glass Cannon if you want to run WP without taking much away from your current setup.

The first point in Assassin gives the biggest single point boost, anything beyond that is just nice to have but not gamechanging. The justification for Courage I think I’ve already outlined above.
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    No, leave it
    The problem with Willpower is a lot of wasted points. I'd rather spend them on Deep Wounds, Assassin, and MD.