**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

For a F2P Player are Suicide Masteries Worth it?

I’ve just become cavalier and I did it with spending no units. I had thought I would use a fair bit of units so I’ve been hoarding for a while. I’m currently on just under 6k units. I think it’s about 7700 units to get full suicides plus willpower (correct me if I’m wrong). So I was wondering if it’s worth spending a large amount of units for those masteries? How often do you you need to change out of them in a typical month (I’m in an alliance that focuses on map 554 AQ)? How expensive is it to switch them on and off because YouTubers like lagacy are always talking about not being suicides back in because of the cost so if they don’t want to spend the units for that regularly I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford it?
Thanks

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    100% worth it! I'm free to play, sacrificed July 4th for suicides, haven't regretted it once!
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

I’ve just become cavalier and I did it with spending no units. I had thought I would use a fair bit of units so I’ve been hoarding for a while. I’m currently on just under 6k units. I think it’s about 7700 units to get full suicides plus willpower (correct me if I’m wrong). So I was wondering if it’s worth spending a large amount of units for those masteries? How often do you you need to change out of them in a typical month (I’m in an alliance that focuses on map 554 AQ)? How expensive is it to switch them on and off because YouTubers like lagacy are always talking about not being suicides back in because of the cost so if they don’t want to spend the units for that regularly I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford it?
    Thanks

Suicides are quite beneficial. The cost of switching them on and off only really applies if you're in an alliance that focuses on War. If you're not doing War, then you don't really need to worry about switching. Besides the benefit you gain from doing arena and grinding those units back is huge.
  • Chaos_Emperor786Chaos_Emperor786 Posts: 54

100% worth it! I'm free to play, sacrificed July 4th for suicides, haven't regretted it once!

Yeah that was another reason I have so many units rn. I was only uncollected at the time so I don’t buy them cause they weren’t worth it imo
  • Přìņče01Přìņče01 Posts: 193 ★★
    Definitely worth it...i am in alliance who does 544 or 543 as well and consistently do war. I never switched them and u don't need to unless u r in an alliance which doesn't allow this mastery setup for defence purposes.
    Specially if you have champions like Ghost Corvus BWCV Warlock Thing etc...you should definitely go for it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    if you're f2p, I assume you do some arena, so suicides help a lot with that
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    If you're F2P and want to preserve units, then no, because it would highly cost you to keep constantly changing them.
    Unless they made it free for a couple of days or just have the ability to change them without unit costs, then for me it is not worth it
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Switching suicides on and off will only really start being required when you’re aiming for high platinum in wars.
    In the long run though they’ll pay themselves off as arena runs become faster so you’ll earn more units, gold etc faster.
    Questing they’ll only really be issues when dealing with heal block, heal reversal or spectre nodes, or if facing a void or warlock without a double immune champ.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    It really depends on the champs you have. I turned them on for the first time in May and they’ve been great, although I mainly run OR, Warlock and Ægon.

I’ve found you need a group of 5-8 champs that are either suicide friendly or can get by with them for it to be beneficial (as you’ll be regularly questing and doing AQ/AW at the same time).

If your main champs are not suicide friendly (e.g. void) then I wouldn’t switch them on.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Suicides are definitely worth it and as people said switching them on and off is only a thing when your in top plat alliances. Some paths in content they can’t hurt but for most things they are great.
  • MikeFrisbieMikeFrisbie Posts: 26
    Suicides are especially beneficial for f2p, as your main source of acquiring units will be arena. Suicides make arena grinding much more tolerable.
  • Chaos_Emperor786Chaos_Emperor786 Posts: 54
    I forgot to show my roster for context