**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you think that this AW season matchmaking makes any sense at all?

Comments

• fallenp0etfallenp0et Posts: 62
    AlexBossu said:

AlexBossu said:

How can you expect better rewards than an alliance you can not beat? This post is a nonsense. Stop beeing selfish.

If this post is nonsense then 70% of this game is nonsense. And that includes you as well.
    Is this an insult? Moderators, pls take care of this annoying kids
    Grow up cry baby.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    No
    It is so interesting how things work with you guys! You don't get what you want you complain. If it is the fault of kabam you want compensation. When you get 6 star shards and open them likely as not you will come in and complain about the rng. IF by some chance it is someone you wanted you come in and complain there isn't enough gold or iso. Let anyone else make the same sorts of claims about their experiences (as long as you are happy with it) you bully and brutalize them in the forums.
    You do not care how you win only that you do win, however you seem very concerned about how others win!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Rap said:

It is so interesting how things work with you guys! You don't get what you want you complain. If it is the fault of kabam you want compensation. When you get 6 star shards and open them likely as not you will come in and complain about the rng. IF by some chance it is someone you wanted you come in and complain there isn't enough gold or iso. Let anyone else make the same sorts of claims about their experiences (as long as you are happy with it) you bully and brutalize them in the forums.
    You do not care how you win only that you do win, however you seem very concerned about how others win!

Wait. You’re not getting the matches you want and you’re complaining right?
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Yes
    walkerdog said:

An
    Other example of why MMing had to change - both allies finished G2 last season and were less than 500 prestige apart...

They finished P4 last season us G2.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Yes
    I think it makes perfect sense.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    No Comments
    I selected no comment because I've already expressed myself, and the question is somewhat open for me. It makes sense in that I get the logic behind it. That doesn't mean the execution of changing it on a dime makes sense to me, and the idea that any Match is fair if the War Rating is the same, regardless of the variation in strengths, doesn't make a bit of sense to me at all. Actually, when I think about where it's coming from, it makes sense because I understand what's behind it. That doesn't mean I think it's right.
    No Comments
    No, War Rating does not mean they're equally Matched, and implying that after the system was different for 9 or 10 Seasons is just ignorant to the variations that exist.
    No Comments
    Daphboy said:

No, War Rating does not mean they're equally Matched, and implying that after the system was different for 9 or 10 Seasons is just ignorant to the variations that exist.

That’s the exact problem they are fixing right now. You’re just an unfortunate casualty who is being put in their proper place. Sucks to lose, but whether or not it was intentional through shell alliance/tanking, or just getting lucky, you’re alliance was somewhere they shouldn’t have ended up in the first place.

I'm not actually. My Matches are fine. Other people are. That "fixing" is exactly why War Rating doesn't mean the Matches are equally Matched. People can keep brushing this off all they like because the system is "fixing", but that just makes my point for me.
    As for Tanking and Shells, they were the reason War Rating failed us to begin with. So wrong on that front as well.
    No Comments
    Lormif said:

It did not prior to this season, but it is moving that way with this change. You will move up or down based on your skill of play. Will there be a little variation? Sure, but it will be no where near as bad as it was in the prior seasons.
    Prior Seasons had people matched with strengths within range of their own as well. Not sure what you're getting at there.