**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you think that this AW season matchmaking makes any sense at all?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    No Comments
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

No, War Rating does not mean they're equally Matched, and implying that after the system was different for 9 or 10 Seasons is just ignorant to the variations that exist.

It did not prior to this season, but it is moving that way with this change. You will move up or down based on your skill of play. Will there be a little variation? Sure, but it will be no where near as bad as it was in the prior seasons.
    Prior Seasons had people matched with strengths within range of their own as well. Not sure what you're getting at there.
    No, they had people matched based on their prestige, not their str, which meant that people with high skill would be placed against people with low skill just because they had low prestige. The old system is the perfect counter to your beliefs. This is why mid skilled alliances were able to out rank high skill alliances.
    Look, I'm not getting into another Thread with the same arguing back and forth. You tried doing it in a PM and I had to ask you to stop messaging me.
    The Matches were even before. People fought Alliances within the range of what they were working with. That IS what we're talking about. Not how it was off compared to how it would be using this system. The Matches were fair. The Rewards were a different subject entirely and that keeps being shifted as the argument, but we are talking about the Matches. Not the Rewards. They were reasonable and fair Matches. Point blank.
    You need to stop trying to pick an argument with me. On here, and in PM.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    Yes

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

No, War Rating does not mean they're equally Matched, and implying that after the system was different for 9 or 10 Seasons is just ignorant to the variations that exist.

It did not prior to this season, but it is moving that way with this change. You will move up or down based on your skill of play. Will there be a little variation? Sure, but it will be no where near as bad as it was in the prior seasons.
    Prior Seasons had people matched with strengths within range of their own as well. Not sure what you're getting at there.
    No, they had people matched based on their prestige, not their str, which meant that people with high skill would be placed against people with low skill just because they had low prestige. The old system is the perfect counter to your beliefs. This is why mid skilled alliances were able to out rank high skill alliances.
    Look, I'm not getting into another Thread with the same arguing back and forth. You tried doing it in a PM and I had to ask you to stop messaging me.
    The Matches were even before. People fought Alliances within the range of what they were working with. That IS what we're talking about. Not how it was off compared to how it would be using this system. The Matches were fair. The Rewards were a different subject entirely and that keeps being shifted as the argument, but we are talking about the Matches. Not the Rewards. They were reasonable and fair Matches. Point blank.
    That’s a simple one to respond to. No they weren’t fair. It made no sense to gain rewards because growing stronger put you against harder alliances on harder nodes while weaker alliances got easy teams and nodes to beat to get ahead in rankings. Now it does make sense to grow and it’s competitive. There’s no way to actually spin that.
    No Comments

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

That’s a simple one to respond to. No they weren’t fair. It made no sense to gain rewards because growing stronger put you against harder alliances on harder nodes while weaker alliances got easy teams and nodes to beat to get ahead in rankings. Now it does make sense to grow and it’s competitive. There’s no way to actually spin that.
    I said the Matches. Not the Rewards. That was pretty clear.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    Yes

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I said the Matches. Not the Rewards. That was pretty clear.
    Matches are based off the rankings. So you can’t unrelate them at the moment. Mismatches in strength are happening because the system now recognizes rankings rather than prestige in matching. It will fix itself over this season.
    No Comments
    Keep diverting the issue with Rewards. I really don't care. Doesn't say anything for the issue. Quite frankly, this isn't the place for it. It's a Poll. The OP asked people to explain how they felt, and I did. That wasn't an excuse to argue with me, and I'm certainly not going to ignore what's taking place, so you're not going to accomplish anything by it. The Matches are not fair when there are such variations. Simple as that. It's not just PI. PI is a measure of strength in the game. Always has been.
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    I can't say about war couse it's boring and frustrating so i didn't joined new season
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

You guys need to stop responding to the “serial thread closer”.

I know right. I quoted him saying hes not gonna bother answering anymore but I was gonna say but yet you answered yet another thread on matchmaking so which is it, but yet I get a warning lol.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Buttehrs said:

xNig said:

You guys need to stop responding to the “serial thread closer”.

I know right. I quoted him saying hes not gonna bother answering anymore but I was gonna say but yet you answered yet another thread on matchmaking so which is it, but yet I get a warning lol.
    Hahaha. Sometimes the “inner good” to help educate people take over. Gotta fight the urge. 😂
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yes
    For the sake of a rounded view I have come up with 2 ideas that I think could have worked/ could help the outliers we will continue to see from new alliances. I posted them in one of the many threads here but didn’t get a chance to see any feedback.

1) I think kabam could have rolled out the adjustment period off season, but given all alliances the winning amount of shards for losing or winning to encourage everybody to participate and get their correct level outside of season, leaving the top alliances locked like they are, but the mid ranges would have competed for a better start to the season with a better multiplier. And the inflated alliances could have had their bubble popped while collecting shards and not losing their season rewards, (we probably would have still seen complaints like this but for those not realising how inflated their rewards are but definitely a lesser extent.

2) I think newly formed alliances should get matches within 50% of their prestige for 5 wars, then they are on their own. this is to stop the ugly ones we see where a true noob alliance has to face an unranked newly formed vet alliance

As I wonder if some relaxed vet alliances annoyed at the new much harder maps might just flag season rewards and form an alliance where they can win tons of wars with zero items and just collect win shards until they hit their actual plateau.

• DGCDGC Posts: 59
    Yes
    100% bang on, can’t believe we had to suffer the previous match making for 10 seasons. That is the crazy part, and made zero sense.
  • Kobi_Bhediya1Kobi_Bhediya1 Posts: 36
    This matchmaking is nonsense
    Our alliance total rating around 15mil
    Opponent rating
    1st war- 5mil
    2nd. --- 30mil
    3rd --- 18 mil
    4th. -- 35 mil

It was just the war rating approx equal for all.
  • Kobi_Bhediya1Kobi_Bhediya1 Posts: 36
    This matchmaking is nonsense

FaXTA said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

13m in Gold 1? Lol.

My war season has had it's ups and downs.

We've been running 2 BGs for this season, so we are already going to recieve lower rewards.

Our first war was a loss. It was a fair matchup but we just got outplayed.

Our 2nd and 3rd wars were landslide victories.

Our 4th war was a loss that should've been a win. It was a t9 war and we all knew we were able to win the war.

Our 1st BG (my BG) cleared and explored the map with 6 hrs remaining and minimal deaths. Our 2nd BG dropped the ball completely. They ended up having to take the final boss LINKED just to secure the BG clear.

We had 2 guys go MIA with an hr left and the war on the line. They lost the war for us. One of them had 3 champs at close to full health. The other one said they could take an additional fight and disappeared afterwards with no explanation.

We lost by 500 points (+ the Season bonus). We would've won if either of the 2 guys previously mentioned downed one more opponent.
    After calculating the points we could've earned, I realized that we could've landed in G2 if we won the war. We are now in Silver 1. I'll never forget feeling my heart sink when I saw that we lost.

Our opponents were really good sports though and they played very well.

We are winning our current war by a large margin. Hopefully we can get back to t9 and have another shot at pulling in some big points. Hopefully no-one drops the ball this time.

All the guys saying its fair are happy because they are getting wars against the allys of half of thier ratings. And they cant beat the alliance of thier same size so they dont want it to change.
    And whats problem with 13 mil ally being in a gold bracket ?
    It is because we defeated the opponents of our same or sometimes more sizes all the season whereas you cant do that and you want matchup against lower alliances.
    Grow up guys
    If a heavywieght beats up lightweight you cant call it fair.
    Mate shut up.
    A 13mil alliance should not get gold 1 while not having the possibility to match any other gold 1 alliance, all this new system has done has allowed all alliances of an equal war rating to have the potential to match each other, that’s fair, that’s it.
    If a 1st division sports team wins their division, but a 3rd division sports team wins their division with no losses, who deserves the better prize?
    The 1st division team obviously, they fought much stronger opponents at a higher tier of competition.
    How do you say a first division or a second division.
    Earlier it was according to the team who played good in the game be it a low level or a high rating alliance. Both got a reward for playing well.
    Like you said those of first class who win got reward. Why you want to compete between two class totally incomparable.

But now its a game of 🐈 vs 🐀. Outcome is already known.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Yes

FaXTA said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

13m in Gold 1? Lol.

We've been running 2 BGs for this season, so we are already going to recieve lower rewards.

Our 4th war was a loss that should've been a win. It was a t9 war and we all knew we were able to win the war.

Our 1st BG (my BG) cleared and explored the map with 6 hrs remaining and minimal deaths. Our 2nd BG dropped the ball completely. They ended up having to take the final boss LINKED just to secure the BG clear.

We had 2 guys go MIA with an hr left and the war on the line. They lost the war for us. One of them had 3 champs at close to full health. The other one said they could take an additional fight and disappeared afterwards with no explanation.

We lost by 500 points (+ the Season bonus). We would've won if either of the 2 guys previously mentioned downed one more opponent.
    After calculating the points we could've earned, I realized that we could've landed in G2 if we won the war. We are now in Silver 1. I'll never forget feeling my heart sink when I saw that we lost.

We are winning our current war by a large margin. Hopefully we can get back to t9 and have another shot at pulling in some big points. Hopefully no-one drops the ball this time.

All the guys saying its fair are happy because they are getting wars against the allys of half of thier ratings. And they cant beat the alliance of thier same size so they dont want it to change.
    It is because we defeated the opponents of our same or sometimes more sizes all the season whereas you cant do that and you want matchup against lower alliances.
    Grow up guys
    Mate shut up.
    A 13mil alliance should not get gold 1 while not having the possibility to match any other gold 1 alliance, all this new system has done has allowed all alliances of an equal war rating to have the potential to match each other, that’s fair, that’s it.
    If a 1st division sports team wins their division, but a 3rd division sports team wins their division with no losses, who deserves the better prize?
    The 1st division team obviously, they fought much stronger opponents at a higher tier of competition.
    Earlier it was according to the team who played good in the game be it a low level or a high rating alliance. Both got a reward for playing well.
    Like you said those of first class who win got reward. Why you want to compete between two class totally incomparable.

Yes. But the reward disproportionally favors the low level.

Eventually you’ll get the fair matches when you land in the right tier for your alliance.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Yes

As we all know Kabam serevers are stupid this can be expected from them. Everytime they bring any new feature through update they **** on the previous good things unintentionally.
    Its almost 5-6 years since the game has been launched and they are not even able to develop a hack free game even though they release a new udate every month and their so called nonsence server maintanance almost every week.Modded APKs of this game are available everywhere on the internet for free.
    All they care is just about making money nothing else. Proff hoff proved that If you are a modder and u buy sigil then kabam won't ban you.
    Just tell me kabam how many centuries it will take you to develop a mod free game?
    There are many unfair things going on in this game. They just added another one in this season.

So why play?

Also, Prof Hoff is about as reputable as building your doctoral thesis around a Wikipedia page.

This matchmaking is a result of a change in the algorithm to no longer take alliance size and prestige into account. There will be an adjustment period. If you’re a small alliance it’s likely you’ll drop, if you’re a large alliance it’s likely you’re going to rise a bit. I’m 2-3 weeks all will be normal again.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Yes

FaXTA said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

13m in Gold 1? Lol.

Grow up guys
    Mate shut up.

Surprise, surprise, you’re crying about the short term without looking at all the benefits of the long term.

The old system had it so even though the division 3 team was terrible compared to the 1st division team, because they beat other 3rd diversion teams and happened to win more times than the 1st division team did against their far harder opposition, the 3rd division team got better rewards. Now if you think that’s fair, you’re incredibly dense and there’s no hope for you.

The only reason there’s all these mismatches is because it’s rearranged all the ‘divisions’ in order of war ratings, so as far as the matchmaking is concerned, it’s not matching a 3rd division and 1st division team, it’s matching 2 1st division teams, lose enough matches and you’ll be dropped to 3rd division facing 3rd division teams, there you can be happy and prance about fighting stuff like a scary 4* modok and die to it 15 times if needed, you just won’t be getting your 1st division rewards for beating 3rd division teams.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    My ally has been mostly fairly matched. One war the other team was definitely an underdog.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Based on this polling their is only a small minority of individuals that feel that the system is unfair. It would then be foolish to go back to the old ways and appease the few.
    No Comments

Based on this polling their is only a small minority of individuals that feel that the system is unfair. It would then be foolish to go back to the old ways and appease the few.

The Poll doesn't represent all the people affected by this.