**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MAGIK Abyss Full Guide:

Comments

• King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

Haji_Saab said:

Before you guys waste your time here, this guy thinks that Invisible Woman is one of the best options for Abyss Korg.

Ah yes I remember. That was a very fun thread to read
    @HI_guys @Haji_Saab oh so that's all this about. You can't move forward from Claire and Doom discussion. My advice to both of you is to move forward. This thread is all about that magik is good for abyss. But your comments seems like you are just passing time.
    edited July 2020

if you run max suicides, you are going to murder yourself in 10 sp2s. Unless you can defeat an abyss opponent in 10 sp2s, you can't solo anything

@lowlevelplayer Magik limbo makes her Immune to recoil damage. Now who is trolling. She regens all health back while in limbo.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

if you run max suicides, you are going to murder yourself in 10 sp2s. Unless you can defeat an abyss opponent in 10 sp2s, you can't solo anything

@lowlevelplayer Magik limbo makes her Immune to recoil damage. Now who is trolling.
    and what if your magik is low sig, and limbo doesn't activate? The limbo triggered by the special only lasts the duration of the attack. It will not stay long enough so that she is immune to recoil. Liquid courage(poison) reduces the regen as well

I think Magik is the best option. I believe magik is overall very good fro Abyss. Everyone just underestimate her. Everyone's usually say that she don't have damage. Do you know if magik SP2 crits perfectly then she can take 1% health with one SP2 not to mention her basic hits damage that scales with suicides.

REQUIREMENTS:
    1)Mastery Setup:Magik definitely needs suicides, her mastery setup is just like Claire Voyant (Max recoil for 60% special attacks damage, Max liquid courage and Max Double edge), this is alot of special attack rating.

2)Synergy:Instead of Heimdall or proxima or quake you have to use Morningstar synergy. Warlock synergy is good it gives you 50% attack rating, but warlock synergy is only required when you are not using Suicides and even after that warlock synergy won't provide you guarantee damage, you can 100% crit or you may not even crit.

But with Morningstar synergy she will have increase critical rating when she is in her limbo. That means your SP2 will always have almost 100% chance to crit. So I prefer morningstar synergy.

3)PLAYSTYLE:,
    Her playstyle is always about power control. Her damage source is SP2 more specials you can throw in less hits, less revives you will use maybe even 1 revive per fight only. Play normally get to SP2 and throw special. Use he rlike Doom unless you get to SP2 means don't taunt your opponent to throw specials. Get your opponent to above w bars of power and then throw SP2. You will atleast take 1% health in one SP2 but since magik steals power that means your another SP2 us ready chain it and then you will have your final SP2 ready throw it. Another thing keep in mind when the timer is about to expire you must have your SP1 ready so you can nullify your opponent one buff to reset the unstoppable timer.

Repeat the same cycle again, if you okay aggressive you can chain e specials in row. And don't underestimate her Hits damage with Suicides they may be hitting atleast 4 to 5K especially with class advantage since you will be using her Against cosmics only right.

4)BOOSTS:
    Boosts are not necessary all upto if you want to use boosts then these are the boosts that benefits her Attack boost and Mystic Special attack boost. Health boosts really won't help magik too much. Only use special attack boosts and attack boost, but boosts are not necessary.

5)FIGHTS SHE CAN SOLO:
    She can easily solo CMM,VTD,AEGON and CULL OBSIDIAN.

Let me rephrase that "MAGIK IS GOOD ABYSS OPTION" happy @Lvernon15 or now you will try to find something new to fight.
    edited July 2020

@lowlevelplayer Magik limbo makes her Immune to recoil damage. Now who is trolling.
    and what if your magik is low sig, and limbo doesn't activate? The limbo triggered by the special only lasts the duration of the attack. It will not stay long enough so that she is immune to recoil. Liquid courage(poison) reduces the regen as well
    @lowlevelplayer Doesn't effect her too much magik have natural abilitiy whenever she activates special attack she activates limbo as well. This you can try as well I tried worked fine and don't tell me you are telling that to run Suicides without will power.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    PeaRat said:

Do you have any videos of the solos?
    I would like to see proof so I can see how well she works against those fights.

He just makes this stuff up. His theories aren’t especially wild, for the most part, but it’s all untested

@lowlevelplayer Doesn't effect her too much magik have natural abilitiy whenever she activates special attack she activates limbo as well. This you can try as well I tried worked fine and don't tell me you are telling that to run Suicides without will power.
    did you even read what I wrote?
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Bruh wut lol
    edited July 2020

@lowlevelplayer I red and like I said it won't effect magik. And if you are not satisfied then just use awakened magik. But since all her damage cones from limbo I bet everyone will be using her awakened because it's not just about special attack damage hits also count. But like already said it won't effect her too much.

@lowlevelplayer I red and like I said it won't effect magik. And if you are not satisfied then just use awakened magik. But since all her damage cones from limbo I bet everyone will be using her awakened because it's not just about special attack damage hits also count.
    and what if my magik is low sig? and limbo doesn't trigger
    I am saying this right here, this is about Magik vs Abyss. Magik is good abyss option, there are videos of magik in abyss on YouTube you can watch them. DarkZodiac did abyss with Magik. And if you are still just passing time because there is no other threat you can give your opinion than I will ignore you, if this is just about passing time.

@o_o It is already cleared many posts before. So I can assume you are just showing off. Go read previous posts. What you are saying has already been cleared.

@lowlevelplayer I red and like I said it won't effect magik. And if you are not satisfied then just use awakened magik. But since all her damage cones from limbo I bet everyone will be using her awakened because it's not just about special attack damage hits also count.
    @lowlevelplayer Magik limbo has very high chance to trigger. With one bar of power her limbo has less chance to trigger but with 2 bars of power she has almost 100% chance to trigger limbo and bit to mention she also triggers limbo when she throws special attack. Anything else.

Bruh wut lol

@Sceptilemaniac And after tons of messages you can't understand then discussion was about that if someone don't have any good mystic for abyss and they have magik then magik can also work from abyss.

@lowlevelplayer Magik limbo has very high chance to trigger. With one bar of power her limbo has less chance to trigger but with 2 bars of power she has almost 100% chance to trigger limbo and bit to mention she also triggers limbo when she throws special attack. Anything else.
    a sig 20 magik has under 50% chance to trigger limbo. Also, the limbo triggered during a special only lasts the duration of the attack. Recoil comes after

a sig 20 magik has under 50% chance to trigger limbo. Also, the limbo triggered during a special only lasts the duration of the attack. Recoil comes after
    @lowlevelplayer My alliance member uses unawakened magik with max Suicides and she works fine, you can also try it out. If it don't work then come to me. Because right you are asking no sense,byou are repeating same over and over again. Which I already said it is long enough to recover.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

@lowlevelplayer I almost never agree with this leo dude but you’re incorrect here. The limbo lasts long enough to heal back recoil, on every specials. It’s a pretty well-known fact amongst Magik users who run suicides.

Quick video proof: https://streamable.com/3s3bcu

@lowlevelplayer I almost never agree with this leo dude but you’re incorrect here. The limbo lasts long enough to heal back recoil, on every specials. It’s a pretty well-known fact amongst Magik users who run suicides.

@Octoberstack Insulting is against rules of forums. And same way I never agree to you.
    There’s quite literally nothing in my comment that is insulting to you or anyone else

@Octoberstack Insulting is against rules of forums. And same way I never agree to you.
    There’s quite literally nothing in my comment that is insulting to you or anyone else
    @Octoberstack I never agree to this Leo dude sentence is screaming a scarcastic taste.
    I’m just stating facts, nothing sarcastic there mate

@Octoberstack I never agree to this Leo dude sentence is screaming a scarcastic taste.
    @Octoberstack You know what I don't want to fight over such a small thing because you always do insults like this nothing new here.

And stating facts hun" You mean my opinions are worthless". Same thing I can state for you. But I am not like you. I'll ignore every comment from now

@Octoberstack You know what I don't want to fight over such a small thing because you always do insults like this nothing new here.

And stating facts hun" You mean my opinions are worthless". Same thing I can state for you. But I am not like you. I'll ignore every comment from now
    1. There are no insults in my comments towards you

2. You’re literally putting words in my mouth - I never said your opinions are worthless, I said I almost never agree with you. Big difference there
  • AsIsGrassAsIsGrass Posts: 48

It's pretty clear u don't use magik nor run suicides.

She has 100% chance to trigger limbo during an sp and it lasts long enough for recoil to do it's thing so u won't take any damage from recoil. However, if u have liquid courage, it reduces your heal so you're going to take about 1% instead of the full 5% from recoil. She's still suicide friendly unawakened
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Keep in mind that this is the same person who suggested that Invisible Woman would be the #1 Abyss Korg counter if it weren't for her high skill cap...instead placing her at #6:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/204231/abyss-korg-counters/p1

Theory crafting is fun and informative, but these "guides" border on misleading to players who may be taking them seriously. Please take posts from the OP with a grain of salt.
    Etjama said:

Guys, I think this might tell you what you need to know:

While Magik may be able to handle some fights, you can't really bring her in. You said she needs max recoil for extra special damage but there are no champs you want to bring in Abyss that can deal with max recoil unless you're only using Sp3's which is highly impractical. So basically, you're looking to rearrange your whole offensive mastery tree before and after every fight with Magik. And then you take into account that you preferably need Morningstar and Warlock. What does that leave you with? Ægon or some other high attacker and Human Torch or Void? That's a very minimalistic team. Do I doubt that she could work for some fights? No. But I can't think of a single path where you could use her along with a team and actually clear it without using an absurd amount of units whether it's to rearrange your masteries or just to revive. You're just throwing theories out there and stating it as fact since you haven't actually tested them out. Just the fact that the first sentence of this post is "I think Magik is the best option" is absurd.

@Kabam Miike Is this legal. I though this was against forums rules.
    Etjama said:

Guys, I think this might tell you what you need to know:

While Magik may be able to handle some fights, you can't really bring her in. You said she needs max recoil for extra special damage but there are no champs you want to bring in Abyss that can deal with max recoil unless you're only using Sp3's which is highly impractical. So basically, you're looking to rearrange your whole offensive mastery tree before and after every fight with Magik. And then you take into account that you preferably need Morningstar and Warlock. What does that leave you with? Ægon or some other high attacker and Human Torch or Void? That's a very minimalistic team. Do I doubt that she could work for some fights? No. But I can't think of a single path where you could use her along with a team and actually clear it without using an absurd amount of units whether it's to rearrange your masteries or just to revive. You're just throwing theories out there and stating it as fact since you haven't actually tested them out. Just the fact that the first sentence of this post is "I think Magik is the best option" is absurd.

@Kabam Miike Is this legal. I though this was against forums rules. Close this thread because they had just made this thread all about hate and personal attacks. They are not giving anyone advice, what they are doing is just try show that they know more than anyone.