**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why Gladiator Hulk does not activate Face me on Bane

Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
I noticed in act 5 ch2 last 2 quests, hulk was not able to activate Face me but Bane is a passive damage overtime effect. Why?

Comments

• EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    There are some effects in the game that are not active or passive, like bane or life transfer. It’s weird.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It’s a node effect that’s direct damage. Suppose that’s probably the best way to describe it.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

• FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 308 ★★
    Basically because Face Me is a weird ability and it working on all DOT not from debuffs would be too OP, at least in the eyes of the devs.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah it really is because they said so. I think its either they forgot to add it or they don't want him to be too op
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Is because those aren't considered as passive DoT effects
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Thanks for your help@kill grey and Kabam Zibiit

Thanks for your help@kill grey and Kabam Zibiit

Yeah sure. Also lol, that was a screenshot.
    How do we know that which effects are considered as passive dots and which are not?
    Bane looks like it is a passive effect
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

How do we know that which effects are considered as passive dots and which are not?

Starburst node
    Dormamaus degen
    Magiks limbo
    Ebony Maws degen
    Electro shock damage (I think)

Passives don't have a border around the icon.

Bane has always been a effect that no champion has been immune to no matter the champs abilities. It is what it is. Just gotta learn to play around it.
    Ok thanks
  • KingKevin8KingKevin8 Posts: 114 ★★

Starburst node
    Dormamaus degen
    Magiks limbo
    Ebony Maws degen

Bane has always been a effect that no champion has been immune to no matter the champs abilities. It is what it is. Just gotta learn to play around it.
    That doesn’t make any sense. Bane is literally passive degen just like starburst or dorm. Also, playing around a node can mean bringing optimal counters which ghulk has no reason to not be. This IS a bug but kabam won’t do anything about it because there aren’t enough eyes on the issue
    Anyways, a good counter is ghost + hood :smile:
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Starburst node
    Dormamaus degen
    Magiks limbo
    Ebony Maws degen

That doesn’t make any sense. Bane is literally passive degen just like starburst or dorm. Also, playing around a node can mean bringing optimal counters which ghulk has no reason to not be. This IS a bug but kabam won’t do anything about it because there aren’t enough eyes on the issue
    On what basis are you claiming this is a bug? Bane does not state in its description (last I checked) that it was a passive effect. The only way we players can know that something is supposed to be a passive effect is if the effect states that it is a passive effect. Bane doesn't. People who think that it must be a passive effect because it is not a debuff are basing that on a rule that doesn't exist: that everything must be either a buff, a debuff, or a passive. That's not the case. For simplicity purposes that might be a nice to have pattern, but it is a pattern the game has never honored.

In fact, the whole "buff, debuff, passive" thing is itself an invention that happened long after the game launched to try to simplify things for players, and both the terminology and the guidelines have evolved over time. You can see that in the screenshot of @Kabam Zibiit 's answer. It is actually wrong, in the sense that he's using incorrect terminology as the game currently uses the terms today. He says Bane (or rather the damage from Bane) is not considered a passive or active effect, but in fact that's nonsensical terminology *today* because Bane must be an active effect. The definition of "passive effect" is "an effect that is tagged passive." The definition of "active effect" is "an effect that is currently doing something." The opposite of "passive effect" is not "active effect." There is no opposite of passive effects any more than there's the opposite of a yellow traffic light.

Bane is not a passive effect so it does not trigger Face Me. It is not a debuff so it cannot be nullified by effects that remove debuffs. It is not a buff, so it doesn't obey the rules for buffs. It is currently flagged something different (many node effects and invisible global effects are). Just because traffic lights have red, yellow, and green lights in them doesn't mean no other color exists.

Starburst node
    Dormamaus degen
    Magiks limbo
    Ebony Maws degen

I would love for you to show me a video of Ghost phasing bane.
  • KingKevin8KingKevin8 Posts: 114 ★★

Starburst node
    Dormamaus degen
    Magiks limbo
    Ebony Maws degen

I didn’t say she can phase off the bane. I said ghost + hood is a good counter because most of the time u have the bane on you, you are phasing which means you take no damage with the synergy.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★

Starburst node
    Dormamaus degen
    Magiks limbo
    Ebony Maws degen

She doesn't phase it. Ghost + Hood = no damage taken by Ghost while phased.
    So Kabam know what bane is not but don't know what it is?
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Aside from Bane which you can still try to ply around, the degen nodes also don’t trigger face me, and those are worse I find.

I would say just live with this “inconsistency”. Kabam can do two ways to correct this, (1) what players want. Or (2) make face me not applicable for all node effects including starburst, then we will be screwed.

Starburst node
    Dormamaus degen
    Magiks limbo
    Ebony Maws degen

I didn’t say she can phase off the bane. I said ghost + hood is a good counter because most of the time u have the bane on you, you are phasing which means you take no damage with the synergy.
    You mean the whole 2 seconds she's phased? Lol yes, such a great counter. You're better off learning to time the swap. Much more efficient and easier to do.

Bane isn't a bug. It's worked the same way since it's introduction in act 5.2.5. It's been confirmed a long time ago, it has its own set of rules.

Starburst node
    Dormamaus degen
    Magiks limbo
    Ebony Maws degen

You mean the whole 2 seconds she's phased? Lol yes, such a great counter. You're better off learning to time the swap. Much more efficient and easier to do.

Bane isn't a bug. It's worked the same way since it's introduction in act 5.2.5. It's been confirmed a long time ago, it has its own set of rules.

You either don't have Ghost or you're terrible with her. The application of her phase is much more than "a whole 2 seconds". You could literally avoid all bane damage with little to no focus on trying to time the transfer IF you're efficient with her... which doesn't seem to be the case.
    Flare, bane and so-called "degen" nodes have the exact same icon as starburst, but apparently starburst is the different one out of the four. 🤷🏾‍♂️
    You could also avoid it with any champ with out having to become a ghost master player. I have ghost and no, I'm not a ghost player. But playing this game before bane came out and when it was released. Timing hits with the timer is easier vs relying on one champion with a synergy in order to avoid the damage. Literally every champ is capable of never having to take Bane damage.
  • Mastr0fCerberusMastr0fCerberus Posts: 27
    edited July 2020
    I thought about this the other day, but imagine someone putting Ghulk in alliance war on a Bane node. That would suck so much to fight, he would practically become Mister Sinister, but every hit, not just critical hits

You could also avoid it with any champ with out having to become a ghost master player. I have ghost and no, I'm not a ghost player. But playing this game before bane came out and when it was released. Timing hits with the timer is easier vs relying on one champion with a synergy in order to avoid the damage. Literally every champ is capable of never having We all know every champ (including Ghost) is capable of timing bane

You could also avoid it with any champ with out having to become a ghost master player. I have ghost and no, I'm not a ghost player. But playing this game before bane came out and when it was released. Timing hits with the timer is easier vs relying on one champion with a synergy in order to avoid the damage. Literally every champ is capable of never having to take Bane damage.

We all know every champ (including Ghost) is able to time the transfer of bane. Nobody even challenged that fact. What is being corrected is your oversimplification of her phasing abilities as a counter to bane.
    "I'm not a Ghost player"... that's more than enough insight into why you don't value what her Hood synergy adds on top of what are generic solutions.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I get why he's not on Bane, which is such a weird node that you can avoid.

What annoys me is that, at least when playing Map 6, he works on Starburst but not the degeneration node (unless that's since changed in the last few months). Degeneration nodes, unavoidable damage over time, is the exact type of thing Face Me should work on.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Is just because is a third category of effects. Neither a debuff or a passive DoT.
    The icon is misleading, i agree on that. But this is how it should work. The developer's also confirmed that there are plans to make these effects more visible in the game, like changing the icon or so for example