**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6 star abyss nexus

FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
You would think that given 10 chances and a specific class would net you the champion you are looking for..im here to tell you that’s not the case..just opened my nexus from abyss..looking for 6 star thing and if not was hoping to dupe void...well out of 10 I was greeted by abomination,joe fixit,yellow jacket,antman,electro to name a few...no Cap no void no mister fantastic no thing ...seems weighted to me

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Frnkielo said:

You would think that given 10 chances and a specific class would net you the champion you are looking for..im here to tell you that’s not the case..just opened my nexus from abyss..looking for 6 star thing and if not was hoping to dupe void...well out of 10 I was greeted by abomination,joe fixit,yellow jacket,antman,electro to name a few...no Cap no void no mister fantastic no thing ...seems weighted to me

Funny, i also did science and wanted Thing with void 2nd and got neither. Most ppl got what they wanted though so seems the crystal is weighted towards the better champs
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    YeA..so science I believe there’s 24 currently in basic..so essentially the nexus is spinning 10 crystals and removing the champion from the pool as you go..so if your looking for one specific champion say “thing”..u start 1/24 which is 4 percent and by the tenth champion if you didn’t get him it’s 1/15 which is 6.6 percent..safe to say horrible odds for completing the “Everest”..even if u said ok let’s not be greedy and go for 5 “god” tier..say thing..void..cap..torch..mister fantastic..5/24 on first which is 20 percent and by the time you get to the last nexus picture on your screen if you didn’t get one of those yet it’s 5/15 which is 33 percent for that pull...so this is the reward for completing the “Everest” of content as they say..at what point or for what content would it be justified to let those who have completed it actually select a champion they want or make the 10 champion pool they want to select from...just saying
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Lvernon15 said:

Frnkielo said:

Abyss is not worth the effort.

I've seen so many disappointed openings on YouTube.
    It is though, it is by far the most rewarding piece of content in the game
    The rewards only ever seem to not be worth it when people don't get exactly what they want at the end of it. Too many players are short sighted and only see what's right in front of them and not what's ahead.
    Yeah, I got t5cc I didn’t have immediate use for from content, now I have a rank 3 namor and doom, there will always be an option at some point in the future
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 ★★★
    Frnkielo said:

I chose Tech and had Ghost, Warlock, Guil 2099, and Darkhawk among my 10 choices...so definitely not weighted.
  • Rubt_1Rubt_1 Posts: 18
    Yeah I went for the skill one for NF, Aegon or Stealthy. Any guesses on what I didn’t get it. Yeah I didn’t get any of those.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Even when they offer 10 champs, it's hard to believe but the RNG can still be terrible. I was extremely disappointed with my 6* Abyss Nexus... Ended up choosing IMIW. :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77PEVzd72k4&t=1735s
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    If you're aiming at one specific champ the odds of getting it on an abyss nexus are 10/(# of champs available in that class). So slightly worse than 50/50. Not getting ANY of your top four choices is definitely bad luck, but not evidence of conspiracy.
    It’s not 50/50 that’s not how it works...you are looking for one champion out of 24 on the first ..then your chance increases each time you don’t pull it..you can’t divide 10/24...if the champions you want make up 10 out of the 24 then you can do that but probability is very low to get 1 out of 24
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Frnkielo said:

It’s not 50/50 that’s not how it works...you are looking for one champion out of 24 on the first ..then your chance increases each time you don’t pull it..you can’t divide 10/24...if the champions you want make up 10 out of the 24 then you can do that but probability is very low to get 1 out of 24

that's wrong, if there's 24 champs your chances to pull one specific champ is exactly 10/24
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    My Mystic crystal didn't have Claire or Sym Supreme in it.

Granted, it DID have Doom, but...
    edited July 2020

Z
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Frnkielo said:

that's wrong, if there's 24 champs your chances to pull one specific champ is exactly 10/24
    The chance to pull "one specific champ" is basically 1/24.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Frnkielo said:

The thing is you have 10 shots for a champ. Every shot, until you see that champ, personality = 1/m, where m is number of champs. That number decreases for every next shot by 1.
    So you can compute the probability of pulling one specific champ having 10 shots from 24 champs as
    1-probability(10 shots not hitting target champ) = 1 - (1-1/24)*(1-1/23)*...*(1-1/15) = 1 - 23!/13! * 14!/24! = 1 - 14/24 = 10/24

Or using binomial coefficients
    C(23,9)/C(24,10) = 23!/9!/14! / (24!/10!/14!) = 10/24
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Frnkielo said:

It's about nexus crystal. It gives you 10 options to choose from.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Frnkielo said:

It's about nexus crystal. It gives you 10 options to choose from.
    Oh lol, kinda confused myself, sorry
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I got the Mutant Nexus last night/early this morning to go for Omega or Red Magneto but didn’t get either. I ended up choosing Domino. Overall, still happy but disappointed
  • Drake_vampielDrake_vampiel Posts: 14
    I grabbed cosmic hoping to get Galan but got Black suit spidey, Proxima, Nova, Cap. Marvel, Champion, Groot, Black Bolt, Medusa, Terrax, and vision

Who should I take?
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,019 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    I'd personally would do Vision as a robot killer, though Medusa is good too for that.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
    Frnkielo said:

RNG is RNG. Between Cyber Week and the recent rewards I have opened 3 Skill Abyss. I was gunning for Valkyrie and she didn’t show up until the last one.
  • Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 405 ★★
    edited January 2023

I grabbed cosmic hoping to get Galan but got Black suit spidey, Proxima, Nova, Cap. Marvel, Champion, Groot, Black Bolt, Medusa, Terrax, and vision

Who should I take?

DO NOT NECRO THREADS!!!!!!! Just make a new thread, for gods sake

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    No need to revive threads
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    edited January 2023

No need to revive threads

It depends on the topic. For example: for requests and suggestions, it is useful to see if some had the idea previously, when and how it was welcomed.
    Too few players do take time to see if there was a topic (as written in the rules of the forum)... That is not nice for the people who wrote it before.
    And as there are a looot of threads created (useful or not), the interesting ones are pushed to the abyss after page 3.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I opened both abyss nexus for hype and galan
    Got them