**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Good points. But it feels like creating a fun game mode and challenge isn't the goal at all.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    edited September 2017
    So if both alliances 100% a map, the winner is the one with the most diversity . . . . Isn't that the definition of a tiebreaker?

We are tier 1 and we have won the last 2 matches despite having less diversity, I think it will eventually balance out spending vs. diversity.

The more I play the system, the more I like it. You go for diversity . . OK then you better 100% the map. If you go for diversity it makes the map much easier for the opponent which allows them to spend a little to get to 100% as well. Which makes it even more important to go 100%.

All in all I think it is a great design by kabam, once r4s are more prevalent the map will get harder.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    MadMarks wrote: »
    So if both alliances 100% a map, the winner is the one with the most diversity . . . . Isn't that the definition of a tiebreaker?

We are tier 1 and we have won the last 2 matches despite having less diversity, I think it will eventually balance out spending vs. diversity.

Only if clearing 100% map isn't almost a given. Most good alliances enter this new map expecting to 100% clear cause there is little challenge. So the only thing that matters is diversity. It becomes less of a tie breaker and more of the only means of winning
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    The original punisher should make that list and the white iron fist...they are ghosts in a crystal. I have opened hundreds of max crystals and nada....same with the arena crystals and punisher...to those two while more common if added...wow tip the scale some...
    Thousands and thousands in the case of arena...
  • Tier 2 here. We're missing a total of 4 champs at this point. But the map is awful, as well as the nodes.

The advantage in this will come from chasing champs, not skill. It doesn't even come down to items used, really. Once everyone has gone thru the trouble of alli roster inventory and spreadsheeting... It's all about who gets the new champs. And not the 3* versions as those will most likely hurt defender rating just enough to be problematic. Need the 4 and 5* versions.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    So you post that and everyone gets giddy? Uh you posted nothing. But a hey we're looking into it. Kind of post that implies you still aren't getting it right and still have no clue how it works.revert dks scrap diversity and make the map have unique nodes for each node. Bam done deal walk away. tweak the nodes depending on what happens next patch. That's how easy it is but you make it seem way harder then that.
    edited September 2017
    Also I don't get why you gave us a heads up on 6* champs but gave no warning on war being completely changed to a system that is vastly different then what we're used too.

I believe this garnishes is rdt 4* and 5* for completely changing the meta of a mode that renders champs we ranked up useless for a diversity system. I would also like to be refunded for my mystic dispersion which I bought for war specifically.
    So funny really. "Spread sheets" for a game...one I started playing to escape spread sheets and deadlines and dealing with druids...and the game has turned my escape into the same landscape I play to get away from...druids, time lines and spreadsheets....
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Immunity Boost is rejecting Power Drains. Immunity ignores debuffs, but Power Drain is not a Debuff. Is this intentional?
  • Sammy0621Sammy0621 Posts: 5
    The new AW is really terrible now. Most of the skill has been taken out and it's all about diverse champs. So everyone that has been ranking up all of their Magiks, Mordos, Hyperions, Dormammus, etc... are screwed. Thanks a lot kabam you fixed something that wasn't broken.
    It's kabam anything is a debuff except wallet spending
  • Agreed. It's ridiculous. I'm sure the accountants that play are happy tho lol. Their time to shine
    Runinate on this though guys...no point in whining...it is the story of the world...those at the top stay at the top and you will never get there if you aren't already...you will forever be chasing them...unless they just quit playing you will never be at the top...
  • Ain't even worried about being at the top. You get absolutely nothing for it. I just want a game I can enjoy that doesn't go stupid every so often. Having it work right would be awesome too but that doesn't seem to be a priority either.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    The discussion of "who is good defender" is moot now.
  • ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88
    @Kabam Miike.

Will be Thanos, Kang, OG Deadpool and OG Vision available for everyone? Because u guys seem to keep diversity points. We must have a chance to defeat those who got those specific champions.
  • nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    What exactly does kabam plan on doing about this. They can't keep telling us that they know adjustments need to be made as we go...
    Fixing on the fly as usual.....
    Just tell us what you have in mind and along with a time frame so we can start complaining about it now
  • nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    Looking for one member that has these champs

Ironman, sim, iron patriot, Netflix daredevil, colossus

All at 5/50 equivalent or greater for defense placement diversity

Remember we only need ONE player that fits that bill.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    Immunity Boost is rejecting Power Drains. Immunity ignores debuffs, but Power Drain is not a Debuff. Is this intentional?

Power drain has never been a debuff its a passive effect
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Chances are that each AW cycle will have some sort of adjustment made afterwards, and it will go through many iterations before things get settled.

If they do issue RDTs, it would only be after they choose a final iteration to be the new War standard, and only if it involves a combination of Alliance-wide diversity WITHOUT bringing back Defender Kill points, meaning that Diversity somehow remains the key War-winning stat.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Chances are that each AW cycle will have some sort of adjustment made afterwards, and it will go through many iterations before things get settled.

If they do issue RDTs, it would only be after they choose a final iteration to be the new War standard, and only if it involves a combination of Alliance-wide diversity WITHOUT bringing back Defender Kill points, meaning that Diversity somehow remains the key War-winning stat.

Makes it sound like a forced beta.
  • Kabam literally broke war and it's annoying me to the point I don't want to play. Even the leader in my alliance is thinking of quitting. Smdh
  • R4GE wrote: »
    This may have been mentioned already, but there is almost 50 pages now to look through.

While timers for energy was dropped, does it seem full exploration takes much longer to finish vs old map with longer energy timers?

I assumed that was intentionally done, it was said the map would increase by 50%, and the timers only decreased by 33%, from 90 mins to 60 mins.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    Amonthir wrote: »

Makes it sound like a forced beta.

Well.... Yanno. But it honestly feels like their Beta test team either failed hard, or their supervisors failed hard in their reception of the team's feedback, so it is unfortunately going to be up to us to live-test War over the course of the next few weeks.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    This may have been mentioned already, but there is almost 50 pages now to look through.

While timers for energy was dropped, does it seem full exploration takes much longer to finish vs old map with longer energy timers?

I assumed that was intentionally done, it was said the map would increase by 50%, and the timers only decreased by 33%, from 90 mins to 60 mins.
    It just created some confusion on my end. When first mentioned timers would decrease I thought "cool, can finish aw faster." Turned out not to be the case and now AW seems to last even longer. Wasn't really sure what the actual intent was at first. Now, it seems obvious since the map is just bigger and requires more energy. Sadly, just feels like another version of AQ. Partially because of that
This discussion has been closed.