**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War multiplier when facing different tier alliances

Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Despite being in tier 1, it is showing the tier 2 multiplier because (presumably) we are facing a tier 2 alliance. Is this a visual bug or a feature? If it’s an actual feature it doesn’t make much sense to me, since we are a tier 1 alliance, and it means there’s a level of rng in the matchmaking for our multiplier which just doesn’t seem right

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Lvernon15 said:

Despite being in tier 1, it is showing the tier 2 multiplier because (presumably) we are facing a tier 2 alliance. Is this a visual bug or a feature? If it’s an actual feature it doesn’t make much sense to me, since we are a tier 1 alliance, and it means there’s a level of rng in the matchmaking for our multiplier which just doesn’t seem right

But is the war rating similar 😂👌
    We gain 20 less if we win that if we lose so unlikely
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    The way it's always been explained is that if 2 alliances match with different tiers/multiplier/maps, there's a coin flip that happens and you can end up with the opponents stuff or yours. I'm assuming that's what happened to you.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Happened to us last war. We were tier 3 and then faced a tier 4 alliance. Got matched with the tier 4 specs. I’ve seen that happen a lot when you’re on the edge.

The way it's always been explained is that if 2 alliances match with different tiers/multiplier/maps, there's a coin flip that happens and you can end up with the opponents stuff or yours. I'm assuming that's what happened to you.

The thing is every node is identical, it just doesn’t make sense we get a lower multiplier for no difficulty change. I get it when it comes to map borders like t3/4 but when it’s the same I don’t see a point in it
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

The thing is every node is identical, it just doesn’t make sense we get a lower multiplier for no difficulty change. I get it when it comes to map borders like t3/4 but when it’s the same I don’t see a point in it
    It doesn't make sense even in T3/T4. Because so many times, the T4 alliance faces T3 nodes and gets T4 multiplier which is even worse.
    Lvernon15 said:

It's been a minute since I was in tier 2 but aren't the maps the same for tier 1 and 2?

Lvernon15 said:

It's been a minute since I was in tier 2 but aren't the maps the same for tier 1 and 2?
    That’s what I’m saying, the maps are identical, yet we are in tier 1 and it’s showing the tier 2 multiplier. If I was on a map border I’d get it, but we are facing a tier 2 ally on the same map we would against a tier 1 ally, so it makes no sense why we should have the t2 multiplier
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

That’s what I’m saying, the maps are identical, yet we are in tier 1 and it’s showing the tier 2 multiplier. If I was on a map border I’d get it, but we are facing a tier 2 ally on the same map we would against a tier 1 ally, so it makes no sense why we should have the t2 multiplier
    Ah ok. I get what you meant now. My bad. I don't think there's a good answer honestly. Out of all the times it's happened to us, we've always been on the short end. Rarely get the benefit of the 2.

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Ah ok. I get what you meant now. My bad. I don't think there's a good answer honestly. Out of all the times it's happened to us, we've always been on the short end. Rarely get the benefit of the 2.
    It just seems unecessary tbh, we are on the same map wether we face a tier 1 or 2 alliance so I don’t see any need to mess around with the multiplier
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

It just seems unecessary tbh, we are on the same map wether we face a tier 1 or 2 alliance so I don’t see any need to mess around with the multiplier
    I suggest checking with support. As far as I'm aware your multiplier should be unaffected.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    This happened to alliances I’ve been in a few times. The multiplier suddenly shifted on us as attack started. I’ve had it swing both up and down. When war was over the correct multiplier was applied however. I think it’s just a visual bug.

Quickly deflated our happiness the first time this happened as our multiplier had gone up the first time this happened. The lower multiplier was in fact applied to our season score though.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Are you sure you didnt drop down to tier 2 after your last war, and that your tier 1 showing still is not the visual bug? With shifts occurring until all wars are finished...it could happen that way.

Are you sure you didnt drop down to tier 2 after your last war, and that your tier 1 showing still is not the visual bug? With shifts occurring until all wars are finished...it could happen that way.

No, we won the last war and are ahead in rating of alliances I know are tier 1, and it also showed tier 1 x8 until basically an hour before the war started
    Here are a couple of old screenshots with the same bs system and they also show the extent of damage that is can cause (this was me getting screwed by it over a year ago)

if I remember rightly its been covered before, when you have 2 alliances in 2 different tiered wars, it has a 50% chance to choose their higher tier, with the lower alliance fighting tier 1 nodes, but receiving T2 multiplier, on the flip side, the higher alliance have a 50% chance to fight T2 nodes, with T2 multipliers.

Thing that annoyed me the most about that system was the lower alliance has to fight a higher war, without the higher tier rewards, whilst the higher tier receives their normal rewards.

Sucks when you're at the bottom not getting the higher rewards for the harder difficulty, sucks when you're above getting lower rewards. Kabams reaction was well its a 50/50 chance, you've likely benefitted from this in the past, now you're not. My whole alliance put tickets in about it before and support basically dismissed it.

Alliances should get rewards for their own tier or the higher tier, the only place I can understand the coin flip is on barriers of maps like tier 3/4, when the map is the same there’s no need for the system
    Turned out it was just a visual bug and we got the x8 @Kabam Miike feel free to close this down