**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I hate Northern Expeditions with every ounce of my soul

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Mcord117 said:

I think it depends on what you consider endgame.

Is endgame just becoming cavalier or is it having all content 100% and run 7x5?

I would say Canadian as it stands is content meant to be accessible for anyone who has made it to 6.2.

I'll rephrase to higher end players. People who are above uncollected. People who've done Act 4 but are not uncollected kinda got forgotten this month it seems.
    Epic usually goes hand-in-hand with UCEQ, and Master with, well, Master. Of course, someone might struggle a bit in Epic because they aren't Uncollected yet.

Furthermore, it's not like Kabam made an insanely hard quest with difficult paths and a difficult ambush. Kabam made easy paths and then stuck that ambush on to balance out the difficulty. 13k opponents in Epic is slightly lower than the average for Epic, so to balance that out, they stick a 29k Sasquatch.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Aziz5253 said:

I really liked the side quest this time tho, sasquatch makes a pretty good boxing bag for the proper Champs, and you can even do him with lower level Champs because of the armor break on every hit in Canadian.
    The rewards are decent imo, the shards helped me open 2 5* crystals (opened 4 crystals this month, yet, the most I have ever) and am pretty close to my second 6*. And the rewards are present on all paths so you don't have to grind through all of them to get them (only the ones you want).

Keyword: Proper Champs

The point I'm trying to make is that exactly. I understand having champs that are good against others, but it's unfair to make it so the only way you can succeed in this game RNG. Especially for someone who doesn't have many good champs. How am I supposed to progress if the meta doesn't allow the champs I have to succeed? At that point it's impossible to get anywhere because the useful rewards are too high difficulty for the average players to reach.
    Where in the Epic SQ is having a specific counter necessary for success? If Epic is too difficult for you, then play a lower difficulty.
    oh the quest is fine normally. But when you get hit with an ambush by a champ with double the PI and a tree every single attempt, it's incredibly draining and overdone.
    I view the increase in ambush rate as an increase in difficulty. It would make sense for the difficulty of the quest to go up as the weeks progress. How can they do that? By increasing the chance of an ambush.

Furthermore, I like the increase in ambushes because it makes techniques like quitting out to avoid an ambush less effective. This means people who aren't ready for that difficulty have an extremely hard time completely exploring it.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I just find it boring. Never have liked these type of events. Never will. Bring back The celebrity challenge esk events.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    I personally find it boring and repetitive. 8 paths should be the maximum for each week. Doing a dozen of them, is tedious.
    Rewards for Canadian difficulty, especially after the high ante 4th July offers set, are at least underwhelming. Seems like the most effective way for progressing in game, are paying offers. I’m not free to play, but I can surely recognize the exponentially growing gap, between paying players and ftp.
    After months like this, its funny that people were complaining about rifts 🤔
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    What if you get a 5* in the legendary crystal
  • Slevin73Slevin73 Posts: 91
    Started account in September 2019. Got a wife, a kid and a full time job. Got friends and family. I’m still progressing even with a life. So I don’t see your point OP...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I'm going to have to disagree. This month has been great for more range of inclusiveness. There are a range of levels available. Sounds like you're in the in-between and that takes time to get through. Your Roster will grow in time. Also, the last week tends to be the most lucrative. Do what you can and get what you can.

I actually agree with @GroundedWisdom lol. It's happened before but it's been awhile. There isn't really any bonus for 100%. Get what you can at the higher levels. I don't think you even need to finish the path to get the 2% t5cc. The number of paths and the time involved is the only issue I have. Personally I prefer the labs.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Average players with 4 stars and a few 5 stars don't get anything useful in Heroic and Master besides cookie crumbs of a 5 star and maybe a couple 4 stars that do nothing for them.

I only have a few 5 stars (I have 12 and less than 5 are useful) and I use mainly 4 stars but I find this side quest fun and challenging. Because of the 0 energy requirement it turned out to be a good place to practice. With only using less than 200 units I managed to collect all the 5 star shards, the full T4BC and T4CC in the Canadian difficulty. I also managed to get everything except the gold (I have lots of gold due to Arena) in the Epic difficulty.

Due to this Side Quest I have learned how to efficiently fight against Magik's Limbo, Ebony Maw, and a ton of others that I usually avoid due to difficulty (fear, actually). I also got to open two 5 stars (She-Hulk and Silver Surfer) and about to get my 3rd tomorrow.

My rules are:

1. If there is a Sasquatch ambush, quit and repeat. It's not worth it.
    2. Don't use any revives or potions until the 3rd fight because there is still a chance to get ambushed. As much as possible use items only on the boss fight.
    3. Try to perfect the match as much as possible. Learn the opponent's abilities and bring a good counter.
    4. Canadian Difficulty has a breakthrough node, utilize it.
    5. If possible, bring a boss counter.

EDIT: I'm also not Uncollected yet and was stuck at 5.1.6 for a while so I quit for 2 months and returned just 2 weeks ago. After doing this side quest I managed to breeze to 5.2.4 without breaking any sweat. Good practice, I'm telling you.
  • GotszbotGotszbot Posts: 236
    Ambushes can be avoided. Back out and try again and hope you don't get ambushed lol
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287

I'm enjoying the event, could probably have done with a couple less lanes, I was expecting it to be harder, but a full lane on cavalier difficulty would be decent at that level.

I've been caught by sasquatch once when I wasn't prepared, I took the lane knowing if I ran into him I didn't have a counter (wanted to play about with a few options countering the path node) bumped into him.. so I restarted it with a suitable counter. Free energy so I don't need to debate restarting a lane multiple times if I don't like my counters. If I don't feel like fighting sasquatch, then I can restart and switch to completing another path which will generally reset him, so I can go back and finish that particular path.

I'm actively looking for him though, he's a reasonably fun fight to corvus in my opinion 😂

How are you dealing Sasquatch with Corvus? I can't take out him with a 5/65 Corvus running full suicide. I can take him easily with lots of other champ but corvus isn’t doing well for me there.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    crogs said:

and people think cav difficulty will be well received LOL

It will be well received by the people that should be doing that level of difficulty. You'll of course get all the people trying to punch above their weight class whining that it's too hard.
    Exactly.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Nodes are fun and Sasquatch is annoying but the fight is a nice wake up call. BUT their is tooooooooooooo much grind (even for zero energy). Kabam this side quests rewards are great you should of just merged the rewards so you had to do half the paths.
  • KanoooKanooo Posts: 106
    I hate the Canadian difficulty. Cannot finish each map 100%.

I also cannot stand anyone that says it’s too easy for them. So what? Not for me. And they had to congratulate Kabam for a job well done too. My goodness. :smiley:

I’d rather continue to finish my cavalier than do these maps 100%.