**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• RajhpRajhp Posts: 27
    Not playing current war because
    Even if we do 100% with diversity we cant win because of hero rating.
    As always opponent alliance is over powered which sucks with new war systems.
    SO IMPROVE SCORING AND LINKED NODE SYSTEM..
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Anyone else having strike back delaying the power gain?
  • PhaoPhao Posts: 10
    iq3uqt5ydfri.png
    il1p3itpanzp.png

If we lose this AW because of you stupid scoring system, I'll be really pissed off. No defenders and no boss placed. We have placed everything and we will not score anything but exploration points. This just plain stupid of you, Kabam, get you **** together...
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    sounds like a rant, rants are not allowed on forum so I have been told/warned
  • RajhpRajhp Posts: 27
    Not playing current war because Even if we do 100 % with diversity we cant win because of the hero rating.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    So bad. They need to up the difficulty and remove this diversity bs. Tier 2 feels like tier 18 now
  • EL_Rojo44EL_Rojo44 Posts: 18
    Very very frustrating... 100% with 3 boss kills.. then lose because you placed 3 more duped champs than they did... Only Kabam can screw up something that wasnt broken.. i`m all for the new map but why change the nodes and scoring system?
  • sounds like a rant, rants are not allowed on forum so I have been told/warned

Nope it's definitely feedback (of the valued variery, that's their favorite! )
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Phao wrote: »
    iq3uqt5ydfri.png
    il1p3itpanzp.png

If we lose this AW because of you stupid scoring system, I'll be really pissed off. No defenders and no boss placed. We have placed everything and we will not score anything but exploration points. This just plain stupid of you, Kabam, get you **** together...

That looks like just a shell, you should be fine to win that one.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    iq3uqt5ydfri.png
    il1p3itpanzp.png

They have 5 people....I'd be angry if they somehow won but they obviously can't win.....

Unless your alliance gets hit by a meteor enjoy the easy win.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    If you lose that AW, you deserve it.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    The only two acceptable fixes are scrapping diversity or passing out rank downs

The ONLY acceptable fix is removing defender diversity.

Giving rank down tickets doesn't do anything. In the long run, you get screwed 10x over even with a rank down tickets.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    iq3uqt5ydfri.png
    il1p3itpanzp.png

There is no way you could lose that war unless you don't move enough to get the required exploration percentage. You are facing a shell alliance who are intentionally losing to drop tiers.

Even during the first week of this new system, you couldn't have lost, the zero defender stategy require 100% exploration. All you need to do now is run the map with a 1* and use your energy up. Boring as hell but impossible to lose, so just enjoy your free shards.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    theblueman wrote: »
    Guys haven't you figured it out yet? It all about the $$$, pure and simple..no defender kills assures that..just do like our alliance does, stick to aq..rewards are better anyway

not really ... we just 100%'d all 3 BG's in which opponents had 4/55 duped Dorm's as bosses ... with no item use.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    i was completely fine fighting majik on boss nodes before, but now with that increased regen boss node, majik with md becomes way more annoying if you dont have a heal block or power lock champ to counter. Like she regen 15k on me in 1 limbo ( i wasnt paying attention and attacked her during limbo) that a hell of alot of regen power
  • i was completely fine fighting majik on boss nodes before, but now with that increased regen boss node, majik with md becomes way more annoying if you dont have a heal block or power lock champ to counter. Like she regen 15k on me in 1 limbo ( i wasnt paying attention and attacked her during limbo) that a hell of alot of regen power

Of all of the complaints I have seen about the new war, this is the first I have seen of it being too difficult.
    If you see Magik on that node, you need to have someone who has the right champ fight her.

• @Kabam Miike Is there any update on when the diversity system will be across all BG's instead of by each individual BG?
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    hyym9g1dp6ey.png

Wonderful experience. 115 defender kills versus 45. And lose.
  • The new pts system TOTALLY SUCKS !!! NO MORE REASON FOR WAR. negative review for the game for now on
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    hqjgoinhs56o.jpg

Just lost a war because two guys placed D in a rush and duplicated defenders. We led by 60+ d kills, not that that matters anymore. This was a top 100 war, skill has no place in this game mode anymore. Bafflingly stupid system, makes me question continuing to play.
  • King_turd123King_turd123 Posts: 156
    edited September 2017
    Hey folks, thanks for the continued feedback! Just a quick reminder to keep it constructive and, if you haven't had the chance to read our latest statement from last night, you can check out @Kabam Miike's post here.

Sorry, but Miike's statement literally contains ZERO substantial or useful information of any kind... so I'm not sure why you would reference it as if it has any value to us whatsoever.

What miikes most recent statement does is tell us there are things he hasn't and will not tell us at this time.

I'm dead serious, what was the point of this?

Edit- I just read it again. It begins with "we have made changes" and ends with "will update you as we make progress".
    Okay, so what changed? Or was a change, but not deemed as progress, and therefore excluded from the we will update with progress clause?

You guys are coming apart at the seams. Got quests with infinite rewards, then a rash of server outages, a vast 5* punisher conspiracy, then flood the game with cursed gold, got vision power burning himself to death, I fear for you all.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    borntohula wrote: »
    hyym9g1dp6ey.png

Wonderful experience. 115 defender kills versus 45. And lose.

But that diversity bro. Diversity
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I agree with most comments in regards to the updated AW being less than "favorable and entertaining". Just one of the many reason I regretfully said farewell to my alliance and discontinued playing.

When the announcement was initially made about the "big changes" coming with version 15.0 and other news, I along with my entire alliance was sparked with renewed interest and excited anticipation of something great. Personally, other than the possibly new map(when I look at it as whole and not by sections when we are "on the map", keeps reminding me of an AQ or quest map Ive seen before with just some sections cut out) everything else was a complete and utter letdown.

From the obvious inconsistencies with the points scoring, the inconsistencies of announcements made by Moderators regarding the the specifics of how diversity was to be tallied up, the fact that for our 1st war post update I had to advise my alliance to just place 3*'s if their rosters would duplicate someone elses placed before them, the glitch of billion gold rewards for skirmish and lockout of arenas.......I will end the list of reasons here because its beginning to depress me once again.

I am what you could consider a 1st time player of online gaming, or more coloquially "noob". With that said, in truth I dont have previous gameplay of other apps to compare.

I must however add, that even if in fact what has been painfully prevelant this year with issues and whatnots is considered to be "normal or avg" for this type of platform, I would still find it very difficult to understand how this could be. With all the talk about the development team discussing this or that, the Moderators taking new information from the community regarding this or that, the assertion of beta testers finding this or that and fixes made......

Are we in a new "age" now that the oldschool general "rule of thumb" for any business or service provider is to implement high standard QC into their products and services considered a thing of the past?

Because again I find it difficult to understand or believe that the previously mentioned issues and inconsistencies are in reality, not such and worked as intended. Along with the possibilties of alliances winning an AW match without placing a defender also designed to be that way.

Lastly, If we were in the month of April, I would have chalked it up as a fools joke when the news was given that diversity will be taken into consideration for the entire alliance and not seperated by BG to later find out to the contrary.

Something unmistakably positive needs to be done, and soon I would hope.
  • Please fix AW.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    Immunity Boost is rejecting Power Drains. Immunity ignores debuffs, but Power Drain is not a Debuff. Is this intentional?

Power drain has never been a debuff its a passive effect

That's exactly my point though. In Alliance War, my Hawkeye was not Power Draining an Immune Mini Boss with his Special 1. It's impossible to beat a Magik on that node then, as there is no way to combat her Limbo if there is no way to limit or drain her special meter.
This discussion has been closed.