**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cosmic 5/65 gem - to Hyperion or not to Hyperion...

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
edited July 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hi all.. I have a cosmic 5/65 gem and generic Awakening gem (no cosmic). I also have 2 skill 5*ag (no Nick or aegon), 1 mutant and Omega already awakened... So who else is a 5* generic to be saved for?

I run suicides... And given sig 200 Omega and 2/35 6* corvus, I'm unlikely to switch them off.

Should I just 5/65 Hyperion, or should I save it for CMM or venom?

Will I use him? Cavalier/6.1.6 completed only, v4 100%, one run through v3, not looked at act 6 for a few months.... Medusa goes everywhere with omega to deal with robots...

But then not sure what else I'd use the gem for?

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Hype I great. But if you run suicides, you would probably want to spam sp3, wich is kinda boring. His main thing imo is spamming sp1/2
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Hyperion without question is worth a generic
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    I could of course take annihilus up to 5/65 for defence... And annoy lots of people.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    5/65 him 100%. If you awaken him, he doesn’t need sigs, which is a huge plus
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,808 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    There are others worth the generic too. The question is will you benefit waiting on them? No, since you have already a great option for using the generic (that doesn’t requires sig stones also).
    Hyperion is superior to CMM and Venom. Not much, but he is.
    Pull the trigger and bring him to sig20 or 40. Having Hyperion at 5/65 lvl40 I can guarantee you won’t regret it 😉
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I could of course take annihilus up to 5/65 for defence... And annoy lots of people.

You won’t annoy as many people as you think.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

You won’t annoy as many people as you think.
    Agree, my R5 Annihilus rarely gets a kill
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Definitely go for it. Also he doesn’t need more than 20 sig levels, as anything past that scales horribly.

I use my duped 5/65 Hype all the time.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Annihilus as he has decent damage and is a good defender while hype doesnt need it
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    Hyperion
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    It's true that Hyperion is better without suicides, I'd still awaken and rank him up. You will still be glad you have him sometimes. Also, he's currently not available as a 6, which is always a good reason to max a 5* champ imo.
    As far as Annihilus, I'm not a big fan of purely defensive ranks ups, most defenders fall from greatness over time as more and more counters are released. I prefer to invest in champions who are good for both defense and offense. Some of the best defenders are also good for offense.
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    With suicides on I would wait, it limits him a lot and his greatest strength is the versatility fight to fight, can be going hard for sp2 or sp1 intercept all day or some other styles. But, yeah, he's a powerhouse and there's no mistake using a generic
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    That's what I thought and I suppose if I move away from suicides, he's unbelievably solid... Hyp it may have to be!
  • Triclops1224Triclops1224 Posts: 104 ★★
    Go with Hype. I have Annihilus at 5/65 max sig. he gets a couple kills every war on the Mix Master node but you get more overall benefit from Hype by a mile.
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    Hype deserves the generic gem, no doubt about it. And as others have said, he doesn't need a whole lot of sig stones. The difference is like night and day. Trust us, you won't regret it.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    hype.