**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Find the Elusive Sasquatch in Northern Expeditions! [Canadian Difficulty now Unlocking at Level 55]

Comments

• Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207
    Reference said:

Laksh1995 said:

Can u please turn the level cap a bit low , i am cav but i am not at level 60 so i can't play it so please turn down th level cap to 55. it's a humble request from my side, thanks

Your wish comes true.
    Hehe yes
  • KapitzKapitz Posts: 59

You don't need an extensive roster for this. You can do it with 4*s. It's laughable as the next level of difficulty so far.

Of course; just like we know if the restriction on champion rarity in Act 6 didn't exist, there would likely be at least one YouTube sadist that explored it with only 4 stars (if not 3 stars). That's where the "good amount of skill" comes in versus a "wide range of ranked-up champions". The fact that some are able to easily do this with 4 stars and some are unable to do it with 5/6 star champions highlights the difficulty Kabam faces in tuning Cavalier for such a broad spectrum of players, and (to my original point) why managing player expectations with this mode is important.
  • aLeXsSsNaKeaLeXsSsNaKe Posts: 5
    @Kabam Miike why are you making the missions so ridiculously difficult? don't you understand people are tired of so much content to cover and you think that making that content more difficult is more fun for us? This week mission at Canadian difficulty with that node on (long shot, magik and Mojo) plus 55k Sasquatch ambush is fun? You are making player more and more frustrated....please understand frustration is not fun....please get that on your guys' heads!!!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,646 Guardian
    Mcord117 said:

I think we have to remember that part of the feedback and future changes to act 6 is about attack and health. The nodes in Canadian difficulty are act 6 type nodes in large part. What is making it easier is the opponent is not hitting as hard and does not have as large of a health pool. in addition one of the things that separates this from later act 6 is node combinations that are ultra specific to just a few champs. From what I have noticed so far, they are trying to implement what the complaints were against. I honestly see this as a positive first go.

I agree. I mentioned this earlier, but while I feel the difficulty is lower than I expected, the *nature* of the difficulty is definitely a step forward. And I don't mind at all if the devs take their time trying to make interesting node combinations that deliver difficulty in interesting packages even if this takes considerable time to ramp up, as opposed to reacting quickly by just cranking up numbers.

If the point is in part to explore *how* to make Cavalier difficult, and not just *what* to make the difficulty target be, that's a good thing in the long run.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,721 ★★★★★
    I am seeing things. :o

• SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Mcord117 said:

I think we have to remember that part of the feedback and future changes to act 6 is about attack and health. The nodes in Canadian difficulty are act 6 type nodes in large part. What is making it easier is the opponent is not hitting as hard and does not have as large of a health pool. in addition one of the things that separates this from later act 6 is node combinations that are ultra specific to just a few champs. From what I have noticed so far, they are trying to implement what the complaints were against. I honestly see this as a positive first go.

I agree. I mentioned this earlier, but while I feel the difficulty is lower than I expected, the *nature* of the difficulty is definitely a step forward. And I don't mind at all if the devs take their time trying to make interesting node combinations that deliver difficulty in interesting packages even if this takes considerable time to ramp up, as opposed to reacting quickly by just cranking up numbers.

If the point is in part to explore *how* to make Cavalier difficult, and not just *what* to make the difficulty target be, that's a good thing in the long run.
    You can't really determine difficulty without taking into account what champs you have available.

Like, for this week, if you had HT, you would have pretty much no issues at all on the mystic paths or even Sasquatch. Does that mean that Kabam should amp up those paths just because the lucky people that have HT made it look so easy?

I don't think that is the right answer, since nobody likes fights where it is champ specific, and if you didn't have a champ that could put lots of debuffs on, like if you only had bleed champs, no void or HT (or...) then this path was super difficult, if not impossible, and you would be stuck at Dorm.
  • C_Hype84C_Hype84 Posts: 41
    Can we not have so many ambushes? It’s already time consuming in itself, but having 3 or more in each just adds more time than it should. Try to cut back the ambushes please
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 265
    Why can't we do a side quest (e.g. Northern Expeditions) when we're stuck in the event quest (e.g. Missing Links) waiting for quest energy (especially since the side quest has no energy requirements)? Don't understand why this isn't being made possible. @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Why can't we do a side quest (e.g. Northern Expeditions) when we're stuck in the event quest (e.g. Missing Links) waiting for quest energy (especially since the side quest has no energy requirements)? Don't understand why this isn't being made possible. @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Because it’s a side quest. You can do a lot of things while in the middle of a quest eg. versus, incursions, and alliance war/quest. This month just happens to be a quest with zero energy cost but it is still a quest. Sorry to disappoint.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    man I love seeing people that said level meant anything get rolled by the ambush. guess titles mean something. I ask kabam that they reconsider future cav difficulty testing if they want any accurate data
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,646 Guardian

man I love seeing people that said level meant anything get rolled by the ambush. guess titles mean something. I ask kabam that they reconsider future cav difficulty testing if they want any accurate data

What makes the data they are collecting inaccurate? If those players can't do the difficulty, the data will say they can't do the difficulty. And unlike with anecdotal feedback, that data will also have each player's progress: their level, their highest title, everything. So what would alter the accuracy of the data?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    DNA3000 said:

What makes the data they are collecting inaccurate? If those players can't do the difficulty, the data will say they can't do the difficulty. And unlike with anecdotal feedback, that data will also have each player's progress: their level, their highest title, everything. So what would alter the accuracy of the data?
    yeah that's a fair point. kinda nearsighted of me. I went off track. But I just think that if someone is testing content, those who are playing the content should be the ones testing it. again, you make a great point that it shows kabam that this level of player can't do it, but this one can. I don't get why level was the deciding factor for a testing ground for cavalier-level difficulty. on top of that, you get people who complain about the difficulty of it that haven't faced anything higher than 15k pi in 5.2 or something. I like helping people, but it's frustrating when people call out kabam and get pissed when they cant do it. that's completely personal, and totally me, but it somewhat leads back to my original idea

Because it’s a side quest. You can do a lot of things while in the middle of a quest eg. versus, incursions, and alliance war/quest. This month just happens to be a quest with zero energy cost but it is still a quest. Sorry to disappoint.
    Thanks for pointing out that I can do a lot of things. Wait, I already knew that. Wasn't my question, was it. What if I want to do the side quest while I'm also in the middle of event quest. My point is, I don't see the point in blocking the side quest (energy cost involved or not) just because I'm doing another quest. Don't see the rationale. Simple question - would you be unhappy if the side quest wasn't blocked? If yes, why?
    DNA3000 said:

Excellent points. I think Kabam is on the right track with this.
  • WardoWardo Posts: 16
    Hahaha, "FIND" the elusive Sasquatch??? You mean the one who, in Chapter 3 (not recalling the exact name right now) that ambushed me 5 times out of 5 paths? On Epic (and I'm not even gonna try Canadian level, no thanks), he's 5x what the Squirrel Girl boss is, for difficulty.

You really, really need to tone down that RNG. 5 straight Ambushes is just a tad bit ridiculous.
  • L79GL79G Posts: 43
    Elusive?
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    Wardo said:

Hahaha, "FIND" the elusive Sasquatch??? You mean the one who, in Chapter 3 (not recalling the exact name right now) that ambushed me 5 times out of 5 paths? On Epic (and I'm not even gonna try Canadian level, no thanks), he's 5x what the Squirrel Girl boss is, for difficulty.

You really, really need to tone down that RNG. 5 straight Ambushes is just a tad bit ridiculous.

Yes like always Kabam jump from one extremum to opposite. We ask for little more of Sasquatch, because it was nearly impossible to find him, now we got of nearly every line. Well done Kabam, you really have the knowledge how to make players disapionetd.to
  • mdrmtzmdrmtz Posts: 1
    Sasquatch its too strong.
  • Hey there, the next Northern Expeditions quest may be coming out a bit later than normal. The team's working on getting it out to everyone as soon as possible though.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Hey there, the next Northern Expeditions quest may be coming out a bit later than normal. The team's working on getting it out to everyone as soon as possible though.

How much later is a bit? 20 mins or 3 hours? Just ballpark :)
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Getting lazy guys... New nodes would have been nice
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    I can’t nullify guardians armor buffs why is that?