**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I was thinking: is starburst the worst node design ever?

2»

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    i hate nodes that just punish you for the sake of it ... starburst is stupid. i always just try to out damage it with Corvus. but yeah i'm not of fan of fighting a perfect fight and yet i lose health because ridiculous node is ridiculous. they should add a reverse starburst on the defender .. when he hits me i heal. that would make it interesting.
  • Samuel030sSamuel030s Posts: 125
    I've found Starburst to be a good time when fighting with Gulk. I used him for the Starburst nodes in V1, and it meant that not only would the majority of the damage dealt from Starburst be healed, but that any other damage taken would also be healed for the entirety of the fight.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

Its just unavoidable degen damage. Only 2 counters: hulk rags and max sig namor. If they placed this node on any 6.2/3/4 fight, pretty much every champ will die to degen damage. I wonder: what were they thinking when they made the node?

Caustic Temper ftw my friend lol
    Yeah, Caustic Temper and Acid Wash are some of the worst nodes I've seen so far.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

i hate nodes that just punish you for the sake of it ... starburst is stupid. i always just try to out damage it with Corvus. but yeah i'm not of fan of fighting a perfect fight and yet i lose health because ridiculous node is ridiculous. they should add a reverse starburst on the defender .. when he hits me i heal. that would make it interesting.

I think life transfer has that covered.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Degeneration in variant 1 is awful.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    No Retreat
    Close Encounters
    Aspect Of War
    These are three of the worst designed nodes. In fact the first two are horribly punishing, if you don’t have the very few champs that can handle them.
    No Retreat:
    If u don’t have (or can’t play) Ghost, Ghulk or Archangel you will take unavoidable block damage (or a massive degen if you mess). Wtf 1.2sec of dash back ban? How can you stay idle for 1.2sec and an aggressive AI doesn’t punish you?
    This should be 0.9sec to get skills involved.
    Close Encounters:
    If you don’t have (or can’t play) Quake, Ghulk or Magik you will be degenerating 3% of max health most of the time in fight, or else you have something more than 30sec to finish the fight before being ko’d by degen.
    1% degen while far from opponent would be fair, since it’s the same amount you gain if close to the opponent.
    Frosty said:

Slashed Tires was 1 of the worst node designs ever. Instant damage from dashing back. Fight a beefed up juggs pre nerf in act 4 with that node

Oh yeah, I remember that node from sinister labs lol
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★

i've never seen it in conjunction with Starburst though .. does it exist? what path or quest?
  • UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    Mathgeek said:

Just be glad abyss doesn't have star burst

Don't give Kabam ideas.
    edited July 2020

i've never seen it in conjunction with Starburst though .. does it exist? what path or quest?
    I believe they were referring to how Life Transfer is essentially the “reverse starburst” that was proposed, not that Life Transfer and Starburst have both been active in a single fight.
  • sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142
    I do hate Starburst but it is manageable if you use Gladiator Hulk
  • sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142
    Frosty said:

Slashed Tires was 1 of the worst node designs ever. Instant damage from dashing back. Fight a beefed up juggs pre nerf in act 4 with that node

If you use Warlock/Guilly 2099, their synergy helps with it. The annoying thing is that not everyone has them. To me, nodes are very annoying because some of them require certain champs to make it through them. I do remember balance being the focus when they nerfed Scarlet Witch, Doc Strange, Starlord, and Thor. Guess balance was tossed out the window with later updates. These nodes need balancing so that every champ can handle them.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

this is the worst node
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    1.6% degen per second node says hi
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    Mathgeek said:

Just be glad abyss doesn't have star burst

Don’t give them ideas.
    Nvm someone above literally said the exact same thing.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Since it’s not based on health but is just a set value that always caps at the same damage the deeper you get the stronger your regen chanps are

What are you talking about?
    The damage is just a number, it doesn’t increase as content gets harder while your champs do get stronger so in early content it doesn’t cause issues because the fights are weak, in late content the damage is minimal for strong champs
    It basically increases with bigger healthpools. Unless you can pretty much have a CMM end a fight in 12 seconds of her indestructible (or whatever duration), the moment it ends, you're gonna drain to death.
    The damage per tick is the same wether you’re fighting a 1000 or a 10000000 health opponent if they’re at the same % health, if there’s starburst in act 6 a 5-65 champ with regen could outheal it
    and what about when the opponent is at like 10%? You are dying super fast
    Then time your execute better?
    Ofc its not possible in every matchup but that goes for any other node that you have to play around like bane. Play good = less damage.

Since its the same damage on every champ and it came first in act 4 somewhere most champs on R5/R2 can ignore it. Ofc burst champs are better than others. Take Havok for example. He can even execute act 6 enemys from 50% hp.

Is that node annoying? Yes.
    Worst of all? Far from it.

Slashed tiers, Flow, Strengh in Numbers, No Retreat are way worse for example.

And why do you think section 1 in last war season was one of the easiest? Its had starburst...

You might say its horrible in long fights but show me that fight where it is bad...

Frosty said:

If you use Warlock/Guilly 2099, their synergy helps with it. The annoying thing is that not everyone has them. To me, nodes are very annoying because some of them require certain champs to make it through them. I do remember balance being the focus when they nerfed Scarlet Witch, Doc Strange, Starlord, and Thor. Guess balance was tossed out the window with later updates. These nodes need balancing so that every champ can handle them.
    Yeah lol, you don't know what slashed tires is

Frosty said:

Yeah lol, you don't know what slashed tires is
    Slashed tires is like caltrops, but you take instant damage, and no champ is immune to it. It's like the way you take instant damage with thorns or spiked armor, but it's when you dash back, and the damage is more. Unavoidable ****, my dude
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Ladies and gentleman, I present Oscillate as the most poorly designed node. Oscillation assumes that they are increasing offense at the cost of defense and vice versa periodically...NOPE! 'The opponent kills you if you **** up once' and 'You will not even be able to hit them cuz they're turtles, but if you heavy they smack you and even if you do get a hit you deal no damage'.

Horrendous node design.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Love starburst. Ghulk with suicides is just insane for it. Even without it a high damages champ tears through quickly e.g. cg. Or champs like cmm with indestructible or magik and limbo.

I will say with lower ranked champs without a counter mechanism make it tougher; i do remember the pain.
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    Starburst is childs play compared to EMP mod. Gulk shines in starburst,but almost any champ with high dps can do the fights. On the contrary the viable options for emp mods are still very limited in supply.