**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Archangel or Iceman?

I have resources to take one mutant 4* to r5. Who do you think would be the best? Both being awakened 4*

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Iceman, not even a decision really
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    I'd go with Archangel. I won't even think twice..
  • I have both... i use iceman alot more and in more content than archangel
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    AA, Iceman is alright, but his damage compared to AA isn't that great. Iceman can stop evade when he's duped, but so can AA, and he can stop many other things, not to mention his crazy damage output
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    AA nuff said
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Iceman.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Iceman
  • Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    Both is good
    Aa can bleed and poison and able to reduce ability reduction even enemy is immune to stun.

Iceman can prevent enemy evading
    And is immune to bleed and poison

But i recommend iceman
    If you do not have a single immune to bleed and poison
    You need at least one immune for aq and quest

If you already have immune champ like dormmy vision or ultron

Then go for aa because aa damage is higher
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    I had the exact same choice.amd went with Iceman.

Iceman is truly the only answer to everyone. Evade champs get curshed. Double Immune. His ice armor is better for power control than actual power control champs. With Iceman I literally punch a blocking Hyperion or Juggs so they can fire off a special 3. Unless you can regen nobody saves you more than Iceman.
    Plus his damage took a big jump at r5. A heavy on stack of frostbite does HUGE damage. Awakened he pretty much has frostbite going the entire fight.

As much as a love AA and watching people drop at my feet, he is 2nd place here. He isnt great against posion immune champs, GP is better there.
    His insane damage output from bleed to nueros is more than enough at r4. Ultimately he is still a situational Champ.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Iceman has no weakness
  • AakashAakash Posts: 340
    AQ or AW?
    Iceman better for AW
    AA better for AW
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    Both are great choices. However, I'd lean more towards Archangel.
  • Iceman
    Its all about utility imo. Not taking away from AA because he does do monster damage but id rank iceman first then try to take AA next. Reasons are the same as above.
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    edited September 2017
    linux wrote: »
    Viper83 wrote: »
    I have resources to take one mutant 4* to r5. Who do you think would be the best? Both being awakened 4*

Iceman is more flexible, but AA has incredible damage against champs that are bleed and poison vulnerable. I've been killing 4/55 Magik bosses with my 5* AA ... Iceman kinda sucks against Magik (though almost everywhere else he's very solid). But AA is countered by champs that have either immunity ... and I also use my 4* Iceman for AWO when appropriate.

It really depends on the rest of your roster though (how many bleed and poison immune champs?; how many doubly immune champs?; and do you have another counter to evade champs?).

I have GR, Ultron, vision, Dormamu, Hyperion for immune

Electra, BW for evade.
    All at R5

Wth I will rank up both just might have to wait a month or so
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Iceman is way better a true god teir champ. He is triple immune (incinerate as well) and with ice amour he can just swallow sp3 with losing any health... forget power control just keep armour up and let them get red bars
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    I've tried both in chapter 5.2 and 5.3 and I find Archangel damage much more useful than iceman utility.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    Iceman
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Both are great champs, but no one is immune to coldsnap
  • EshtieveyEshtievey Posts: 31
    Would depend how you play. I have both. For long fights like quests I use IM, durable ice armor. For quick fights I use AA, the fact that the miracle trail of bleed, poison, neuro, stun. If you have the resources I suggest both. Both are worthy R5.
    AA has limitations though as he can't penetrate his miracle to immune champs.
    IM too has limitations as his coldsnap doesn't work on some skill champs.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,423 ★★★★
    Ice is more versatile, however he doesn't get more impervious to incinerate, poison or bleed at r5 and his damage output moderately increases, while at that level AA's damage increases inmensely.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Debatable. Both is best on their way. AA can do lots of damage. His damage output even greater than star lord!! Like a 4★ rank 5 aa damage greater than 5★ rank 4 sl if u know how to use aa. But aa has weakness also, he can't do that great damage against bleed and poison immune champ. Iceman average damage but has triple immunity, can take sp3 lots of times. Great against spidey so does aa. Ur decision.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    AA if running max DW. Iceman if not. Assuming this is for pure offense.

If you want a AW specific attacker or defender, then Iceman easily.
  • You've probably already decided so this is for people reading this post in the future. What you need to remember as well, is, most of these people posting only have the champion they voted for (and are biased because by voting for their champ they are justifying their rank up) or are basing their vote on youtube videos because they do not have either champ. Anyone here who says one is way better than the other or is "a true god for any scenario" does not know what they are talking about. I have both and I like them both.
    Here is my unbiased opinion.
    There isn't one better than the other, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. Archangel can stop evade (and anything else that is a defensive ability because he is basically black widow 2.0), have heal block up the entire fight, deal damage only surpassed by star lord and stark spidey, stuns on unstunable nodes, and has the longest single stun in-game off of his sp3. Unfortunately, AA relies on being able to both bleed and poison to get any damage, plus he gets rekt by abomination. Iceman can stop evade (including mordo's astral evasion, he has guaranteed damage in every fight except for Mephisto, he can tank sp3 attacks, is an incredible defender, is good for unstunable nodes because he can take more blocked hits, he is the immunity king, and he has the coolest animations in the game. Unfortunately with Iceman, you pretty much have to run suicides to do much damage, he also has terrible damage in longer fights and has considerably lower P.I. than AA. I took up my AA to r5 and he is a monster but I should have taken up iceman to r5 not because he is better but because he will benefit more from being a higher rank than AA will.
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    IceMan definitely
  • FamousRyFamousRy Posts: 112
    Angel silly