**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

new to forums looking for advice

what up playas!

Been playing for several months and recently came to the Forums and i'm blown away at how much I don't know about this game. Im looking for advice on a few topics and I'm looking for opinions on my team line up. I currently use:

5 star Electra
5 star Loki
4 star blue cyclops (awakened)
4 star old man logan (awakened)
4 star rocket

I also have 4 star: Groot, black panther(movie), iron patriot, hulkbuster, and cross bones. my question is: Am i playing the best line up of my champs?

is there a place to look at good mastery builds? Iv seen videos of 3 stars doing much more damage than my 5 stars and i'm guessing masteries are key?

I'm top 3 most active player in my alliance, but we rarely do anything as an alliance. How important is alliance to advance in the game? Im not getting anything from it now.

I realize I am a true noob. I am just looking for some friendly pointers is all. Ill take bad criticism as well.

thanks guys, look forward to chatting with you all

Comments

• Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    edited September 2017
    Most important advice: Being in a a sub par alliance severly hinders your progress in the game. It's best to try to find an active alliance but you'll have to possess the skills to show that you belong. Some decent allainces will take you in as long as you're very active and are willing to grow. Masteries are key in this game. Cruelty and precision should be maxed. Parry(maxed) and dexterity(1 point) are must haves.

Here is a good site for mastery builds:
    http://www.mobilesector.net/best-mastery-guide-2017-marvels-contest-of-champions/

Personally I would use CB in the place of rocket. Rocket is a glass cannon so you need the necessary skills because he can't take many hits.The best advice is to have fun and if you really want to grow your roster finds a serious alliance asap!! Best of luck.

I almost erased everything I wrote once i saw that crimson tide in your username. Jk lol
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    As was mentioned alliance is key and yes masteries are very important. Do not buy crystals, use units towards masteries.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    @Crimsontide1616 , great to see your enthusiasm and willingness to learn more about the game. This is a link to the site I've referred for advice on masteries. Its a bit more current compared to some others that are available also.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/5mnb9t/12_suggestions_for_mastery_setups_2017_update/

Regarding you champion lineup, is there anything specific you were looking to have a lineup primed for, or just looking at overall utility and PI? If you havent already, marvelsynergy.com is a cool site to get all the synergy information you could ever want for specific champs. Has a dropdown menu to pick a champ and also lists not only the champs they have synergy with, but the champs that have synergy with them as well(that read a little confusing LOL).

It lists all possible synergy combinations with the champ you choose(I think thats better). LOL

I Hope you get some good use from those, and GL!
    Oh BTW, as the others have mentioned I'm in agreeance that joining a good alliance is essential, not only for your game progression, but most importantly your overall enjoyment of the game.

Try to find one that is the best fit for your personal ambitions for your gameplay, level of skill, and roster depth, and amount of time and effort you can afford to invest in playing. In my personal experiences, Ive never met any leaders of an alliance to be considered a-holes and totally unaccommodating to a players needs. Don't be shy to ask questions you may have when deciding to join an alliance. And also ask what the alliance requires of you to be considered a valuable member if they hadnt done so beforehand.

Any other questions in regards to game play would probably be best addressed in the forums as well. From what I've witnessed, there is a vast pool of experienced active players in here willing to help without question and with good differing opinions on a variety of subjects, which is ideal for you is ultimately your decision to make. Here are a couple links to some other info.....might be a little old and outdated, but still a good starting point to continue your journey to MCOC greatness. ;-)

Link to find duel targets for practice and Duel skirmish:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FZdJPB8sayzrXkE3F2z3b1VzFsNDhh-_Ukl10OXRN6Q/edit#gid=1544272893

Link to info on bleed champs
    http://marvelbitvachempionov.ru/en/champions/samoe-silnoe-krovotechenie/
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    Wow doc- that answers all my questions and I really appreciate it - I have really been playing this as a casual phone game on work breaks and when I stumbled upon the forums I realized I have a lot to learn- thanks again doc
  • Jlf2nJlf2n Posts: 34
    Run
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Do not sell champs. Repeat. Do not sell champs! That 5* Electra will take you far. Even unduped she's great. Your black panther will be great for defense. Like others have said find a very active alliance. AQ and war are important to advance. It always sucks to leave an alliance especially your first one. Just be open about it and tell them you aren't getting what you need. YouTube is a great place to learn also. There's plenty of how to use videos there. Good luck
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Wow doc- that answers all my questions and I really appreciate it - I have really been playing this as a casual phone game on work breaks and when I stumbled upon the forums I realized I have a lot to learn- thanks again doc

I am not trying to be a jerk. Keep it casual. Don't make the same mistake I did, don't get too drawn in. It's not worth it and there are better things to do.
    Mcord11758 wrote: »

I am not trying to be a jerk. Keep it casual. Don't make the same mistake I did, don't get too drawn in. It's not worth it and there are better things to do.

Yes, the somewhat sad truth is that some/many of us have crossed the mystical "point of no return" and yearn for the days when the game was fun and exciting. But as with anything in life, we are individually responsible for choosing our path. Just have as much fun as you can playing the game without it consuming you and taking priority over other important things in life. Its a great enjoyable pasttime.

@Crimsontide1616 , its my pleasure to be of some help, and wish you fun and luck in the game. If you get to the point of wanting to find a new alliance to join, theres an Alliance recruitment section in here you could check out, and also feel free to Msg me if you'd like. I know a handful of beginner to mid level alliances I could refer you to if you so choose. Take care!
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    @wok I really appreciate it man. I'll be working through my masteries today and begin looking for a new alliance. Good to know there are some good people on here who don't mind helping the "new guy"

I appreciate all the comments and advice guys, I'll start applying it today.

I originally came to the forums to see if anyone had actually complete the master lvl of the event quest. I'm stuck on the hood, who is healing himself for 486 a tick. I didn't think it was possible to beat him. That's when I saw a video of a 3 star spider Gwen hitting for 5k and beating the hood. My 5 star Electra doesn't hit for 5k....I realize now I have a long long way to go and I'll have to invest something e time into masteries and alliances to get better

His is a great forum, again, I appreciate all the comments

Roll tide ;)
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    Does anyone know how to start a pool on the forums
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Romyjart wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to start a pool on the forums

You mean a poll? If that’s what u mean, start a new post and it gives you the option of poll or converstion