**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If you had to make a football team(soccer for Americans)...

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

GK: Thing
    RB: Black Panther Civil War
    LB: Killmonger
    CB: Nightcrawler
    CB: OG Spider-Man

Reasoning: speed on the outsides and they can push forward like the left and right back should. And then versatility as last man and center back.

CDM: Mr fantastic
    RM: Thor infinity war (bro thor can’t do it, and rag thor needs both eyes)
    LM: stark spider
    CAM: Capt sparkles

Center defensive mid is one of the better defenders on the field so he needs vision and the ability to be anywhere at once. Speed on the left mid and size on the right. CAM a quick scorer and also helps set up the strikers

ST: Black Widow
    ST: Hawkeye

Already have amazing chemistry together. Both of them playing striker it’s over.

But that defense is going down against a physical team. Speed won’t matter if they’re on the ground.
    Rookiie said:

that is an interesting back line
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    edited July 2020

Coach/Manager - Nick Fury
    mdm_mi said:

Pretty insulting to Americans to call us uncultured swine, when the British invented the word “Soccer” and used it interchangeably with football from 1960~1980. The British only stopped using the word in 1980s when Americans started using it more.

http://ns.umich.edu/Releases/2014/June14/Its-football-not-soccer.pdf

i never said swine
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Lucky you, I am the biggest soccer fan and player there is. Sorry I live in America and I call it soccer.

GK: Mister Fantastic (stretches to dive for the ball)
    CB: Venom
    CB: Sentinel
    RB: Annihilus
    CDM: Colossus
    CM: Taskmaster
    CM: Cap IW
    RW: Stark Spidey
    ST: Aegon
    LW: Nick Fury

We are the “TIER 4 BASICS”

Lucky you, I am the biggest soccer fan and player there is. Sorry I live in America and I call it soccer.

CM: Cull Obsidian

What position do you play?
    Also, why is everyone putting Killmonger on defense?

Here’s my team:
    The Battlerealm Shards
    Formation is an offensive 4-3-3

Left Wing: Human Torch
    Forward: Domino
    Right Wing: Archangel
    Left Mid: Wolverine
    Mid: CAIW (Team Captain)
    Right Mid: Darkhawk
    Left Fullback: Colossus
    Center-back: Sasquatch
    Center-back: Thing
    Right Fullback: Red Hulk
    Goalkeeper: Hyperion

@SpideyFunko but fullbacks are supposed to be fast. I don’t think Colossus and Red Hulk are too fast. They’re more suited to central positions imo. Champs like Killmonger and Black Panther seem more suited to the fullback position as they are more versatile and are faster imo.
    Lvernon15 said:

Goalkeeper: sentinel. He’s just huge
    Defence: hulk red hulk hulk rags and Sasquatch for the muscle
    Midfield: Sentry void ghost and domino
    Strikers: Hawkeye (he doesn’t miss) and ronin for the same reason
    Manager: mr fantastic, he’s the smartest one out there

But Sentinel is also very clunky. Although he’ll be able to save anything that comes in front of him, I don’t think he’s fast enough to save a shot swerving into the corner of the net. That is why imo Mister Fantastic is the best keeper cuz he’s got stretchy arms to save everything.

All Iron Patriots, because it would be a boring team, just like the game of soccer.

Yeah, I said it. Boring. 90 minutes of almost entirely passing the ball and faking injuries. Give me hockey any day.

😂😂😂😂 soccer is streets ahead of hockey. Not everyone fake injuries, only Neymar and a few Liverpool players cuz no one likes Liverpool. Support Manchester United and it won’t be boring, I assure you of that.

CM: Cull Obsidian

What position do you play?
    Also, why is everyone putting Killmonger on defense?
    I play winger, typically LW cuz I’m fast and am good at dribbling.

Everyone’s putting Killmonger on defense cuz he seems so versatile and athletic ig. Full backs are supposed to be very athletic so that’s why I guess.

All Iron Patriots, because it would be a boring team, just like the game of soccer.

Yeah, I said it. Boring. 90 minutes of almost entirely passing the ball and faking injuries. Give me hockey any day.

😂😂😂😂 soccer is streets ahead of hockey. Not everyone fake injuries, only Neymar and a few Liverpool players cuz no one likes Liverpool. Support Manchester United and it won’t be boring, I assure you of that.
    as an Everton fan, I support this. Also, root for Man City instead!

Here’s my team:
    The Battlerealm Shards
    Formation is an offensive 4-3-3

Left Wing: Human Torch
    Forward: Domino
    Right Wing: Archangel
    Left Mid: Wolverine
    Mid: CAIW (Team Captain)
    Right Mid: Darkhawk
    Left Fullback: Colossus
    Center-back: Sasquatch
    Center-back: Thing
    Right Fullback: Red Hulk
    Goalkeeper: Hyperion

@SpideyFunko but fullbacks are supposed to be fast. I don’t think Colossus and Red Hulk are too fast. They’re more suited to central positions imo. Champs like Killmonger and Black Panther seem more suited to the fullback position as they are more versatile and are faster imo.
    honestly, i think Colossus has the physicality and honestly I think he does have the speed for a fullback. Red Hulk is questionable, but if i change him I’m changing him out with Sabretooth. Same physicality, more versatility
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Juggernaut would just win. You literally could not tackle him he would just trample you.

My formation would 4-2-3
    GK - IMIW cause that autonblock would keep a definite clean sheet.
    LB would be champion, hes unstoppable. CBs would be Mordo and Medusa, they're great defenders and RB would be havok.
    My 2 Cms would probably be cap IW and colossus cause they're just tanks
    Lm stealth spidey cause hes fasttttt.
    Rm would probably be starky
    Striker would be doom them unblockable SP1 would score plenty of goals

aren’t you missing someone
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    The last time I have had anything to do with soccer was in the third grade when I still played it. I don't know any of the positions so here I go.
    Team: aegon (with multiple practice games to build up the combo)
    True strike and unstoppable and unblockable
    edited July 2020

Barf, I support Manchester United.(Huge football fan myself, and I play.)
    The Arena Fodders
    3-4-3 with diamond in the middle
    GK:Mr. Fantastic
    CD:Thing
    LD:Ghost
    RD:Sabertooth
    CDM:Nick Fury
    RPM:Night Crawler
    LPM:Cap IW
    CAM:IMIW
    LW:Scarlet Witch
    RW:Ronin
    CS:Torch

Yessss great team! It’s a shame they lost the FA Cup semi.
    at least you don’t support Liverpool, like the rest of my entire family
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

The Arena Fodders

I’m so sorry for your loss...

The Arena Fodders

My dad was sending photos of the trophy presentation... ugh
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★

@SpideyFunko you do know that the word soccer originated in Britain right?

but they call it football, not soccer. We call it soccer.
    They called it soccer first, it wasn’t until the 1980s that they stopped calling it soccer. The took the medieval game of football and changed the rules and to standardize they created rugby football and association football. For short they became rugger and soccer.

LOL! Ofc you hate Liverpool then!

Oh, how this comment started so nicely, until I saw the words 𝓜𝓪𝓷 𝓒𝓲𝓽𝔂

The Arena Fodders

My dad was sending photos of the trophy presentation... ugh
    😂😂😆😆 that's brutal. Join me as a United fan and you can enjoy 1-1 draws against West Ham! 😁😁

LOL! Ofc you hate Liverpool then!

Oh, how this comment started so nicely, until I saw the words 𝓜𝓪𝓷 𝓒𝓲𝓽𝔂
    Man City? The better Manchester team?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6I-MKxhjwQ4&t=316s

Manchester City?

𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓮