**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Would anyone else like to see alliance arenas return?

Title. Would add something not quite new, but interesting to the game that it hasn't had in a long time. The only major drawback I can think of is an alliance having to decide between that, AQ, and AW.

Comments

• BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Not necessarily.
    They could make it an Alliance Arena, where people play individually, but points are accumulated for the overall Alliance, exactly how it is now. So like SA, something that runs for the duration of a given arena.
    Would be a cool idea actually.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    No
  • Bapoi wrote: »
    Not necessarily.
    They could make it an Alliance Arena, where people play individually, but points are accumulated for the overall Alliance, exactly how it is now. So like SA, something that runs for the duration of a given arena.

Right?
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    What was alliance arena?
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    When did they do alliance arenas ?
  • What was alliance arena?

Pretty much like normal arena, only the entire team contributes. All 30 people work towards a champ.
    A little after release. I can't remember when they stopped.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Not necessarily.

They already had an alliance arena and alliance arena event that both lasted for a week at a time when they were on, both were in the game at different times.

The alliance arena event was to please those who wanted the alliance arena back. I think the last alliance arena was for the Ant-Man and Yellowjacket event quest. Those were 3 day long that gave 2* and 3* versions of AM and YJ as milestones.

Thr first one for me was Ultron or Cpt. America. Then the other. They were 5v5 and 7 days long.
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 137
    But the question is this .... how would this make them money ?

Having more and better rewards to tempt people to participate. Those who spend money on arenas will still do so, even more if the rewards are better.
  • Jon8299 wrote: »

Having more and better rewards to tempt people to participate. Those who spend money on arenas will still do so, even more if the rewards are better.

This.
  • Woops, misread.
    Thought it was asking if I'd like to see alliance Wars return.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    The milestones were stupid high on the 5vs5 alliance events
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    The milestones were stupid high on the 5vs5 alliance events

I think the prize people wanted was at the 100 million milestone. Although that wasn't the highest I think. still with 5* they could raise the score a little, because now would be the best time to bring them back.
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    Yes. Even though it was for Abomination at the time, it was still pretty fun for the whole ally to invest in an arena. I do believe that if it was to return, it could revive players interest in arena.

It was sometime in the summer of 2015. Cant remember the month tho. Those were the better times for MCOC.

It was sometime in the summer of 2015. Cant remember the month tho. Those were the better times for MCOC.

June, July and August were the months for it. Maybe May, all in 2015.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Before this I would like them to revamp loyalty store so much of it and so little to do
  • When did they do alliance arenas ?

Before even BrutalDLX had beaten ROL.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I bet half this forum has never even heard of alliance arenas lol.

Would love to see them come back myself.
  • Those who were here in the beginning days will remember that these were incredibly fun and can champion rewards were especially attainable in that they were milestones.
    edited September 2017
    Those who were here in the beginning days will remember that these were incredibly fun and can champion rewards were especially attainable in that they were milestones.

Yes. The allies would save every crystal for the 7 day Crystal Crash event, especially when a 4* UC was up for grabs in the event.
  • MCB05 wrote: »
    Was called THE HIVE I think it was pretty fun

I remember that one. I didn't get to play it though as I was not in an alliance.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    I'd be down for it.
  • Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    No,it took too many millions to get something that you could have gotten for less in the regular Arena,plus it's hard to make people contribute to regular Alliance events.I believe the last one was for Yellowjacket.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Damn I love this idea!! As if I originally missed it, I didn't have an alliance for ages though as start of game, well when they were introduced. Was too busy sinking money into TSTO (The Simpsons Tapped Out) thousands of donuts down the drain there! Damn
  • No,it took too many millions to get something that you could have gotten for less in the regular Arena,plus it's hard to make people contribute to regular Alliance events.I believe the last one was for Yellowjacket.

Obviously if this were to return, a few certain adjustments would have to be made to the mode, seeing as it's been over two years and they game team hasn't looked back since.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Alliance Arena was good fun, well for me it was, every member had minimums per day and I was fortunate enough to be in an alliance that finished in the top 15. Yellow Jacket 5 day alliance arena. They introduced pim canisters as well, these were needed for every arena match.