**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Northern Expeditions

Comments

• Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Posts: 208 ★★
    I don't understand, there is one group complaining its to difficult and another complaining it's too easy.
    for those who think it's difficult then maybe it's early for you, personally, I am having a blast with this event. node combinations are so fun. you can use 4-star champs and still blast trough them if you play your cards correctly. and it is not only one specific champ, there are few options for any node.
    if you try to say you I am progressed if I'm not having a hard time, I've completed only 6.1. (didn't continue just because I thought roadblock champs are not fun.) I have two rank 5 5 stars and one 6 stars.
    for those who complain its too easy, I must agree it has to be easy for end game players but they didn't say its the content for players who have completed everything right?. it is cavalier difficulty no? people should be able to do it after becoming cav.(not 100% nor right away tho maybe couple months later if they have right champs) and they didn't say its final difficulty either they are just tuning it. so difficulty may go up give it some time.
    however, for given rewards difficulty seems about right. if they make it for example variant level difficulty they need to update rewards too. if they don't, I can easily see the same people complain about rewards being too low.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

GOTG said:

Welcome to Cavalier difficulty. You asked for it, they delivered.

Not even cavalier difficulty, it's just a road to it.

Imagine when we get to it then.
    Lol, it's going to be a rough September for a lot of players.

Werewrym said:

GOTG said:

Lol, it's going to be a rough September for a lot of players.
    Gonna be hilarious for a lot of us though
    I'll buy the popcorn AND the beer for everyone for the show lol.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

GOTG said:

I’m going into forum hibernation in September. I leave all you other brave souls to wade through the ****

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    This is high investment, high reward and I’m fine with it, especially because they made exploration rewards and several paths gold-only, and they took out 16 paths per difficulty compared to moleman.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    “Ah you think revive potions are your ally? You merely adopted the cavalier difficulty . I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see 6 star shard rewards until I was already cavalier, by then it was nothing to me but boring!”
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    I found Magik to be a real effective counter: use a sp2 and just keep him power locked the entire fight. Add warlock synergie and her sp’s do a great deal more damage (when limbo is up off cuz).
    The grind however was just real boring and tedious 🤷‍♂️
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Finished all level today. I think the gold from this side quest can satisfy some players who are in need of gold. Rewards from all levels are deemed good too. Besides, there is no daily completion requirement and zero energy, which offers flexibility to players.

The only defect I’d say is overly repetitive path and fights. Canadian Difficulty is more testing my patience and concentration rather than skill. Yes the energy level for Guardian and Sasquatch are high, but they are not difficult to fight, just bait their SPs and dexterity. That’s it. So far I only use one revive on Mojo because I need to use Sunspot to kill him.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    So basicly there are 2 type of complain:
    No1: "*sigh*this event too easy and boring*sigh*"
    No2:" AAAA this is too hard,so bs,..."
    This event should be for caliver only, feel bad for who don't but i'm tired of seeing those post asking "why he/she so tank?, why i don't see any damage ?"like they can read Eng comment but can't read Eng node lmao
    I hope keep making this side quest difficult like this, not too bs but not too easy
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Annoying and long, but the rewards were good enough for me to fully explore all difficulty levels. If you don't feel it's worth it quit crying and don't do it. It's really that simple. Some people's roster are not ready for this yet.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Ive found him easy. Even messing about with the likes of corvus. Yes, he may not be as easy for some lower cavalier players with progressing rosters, but you can very easily restart if you're that worried about facing him.

There are a number of counters for him, this is far from the worst monthly - I'm looking at you nameless thanos & darkhawk 👀

You don't even need a "counter" for him though. Just don't get hit by his sp2 and intercept him after baiting specials when he's in wrath. Plus don't get cornered.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    No energy requirement, no champ requirement for quite good rewards this is a good event compared to a bunch we have had in the past.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    HI_guys said:

GOTG said:

HI_guys said:

I really wish they had made it exclusively for cavaliers. Else you wouldn't have these **** posts from players who didn't know how to read nodes and champ description. And this who didn't know the difference between debuffs and PASSIVES.

No hate to those players because at one point even I didn't know it.

But seriously they should have gate keeped at cavalier players

We have weak cavaliers as well.
    Yes I know. But atleast they won't be complaining about not being able to deal damage in diss track after applying Nova flames. Or have a venomn and tell that they didn't have an option for buffed up.
    I find your lack of lack of faith disturbing.
    gsil6374 said:

I mean, you guys kept complaining that this was too easy, so Kabam said, lets up the encounter, make Guardian difficult, then give them something to complain about. Kabam has no problem making the game harder so we spend more units. There you go

It's still incredibly easy. It didn't really get any more difficult as the weeks went on
  • e_mace_mac Posts: 102
    I'm not cavalier and i'm finding the event relatively easy (with the exception of some nodes, which I don't have the proper counter strong enough to go for it). The only thing I am doing is avoiding sasquatch on the canadian and epic difficulties. Since there's no energy spending, whenever Sasquatch shows up I quit the quest and switch path or difficulties and he's not there anymore. He usually shows up after the first fight (sometimes after the second), but the first fight is usually easy.
    Here's another tip: it seems like sasquatch shows up for a limited time during the day. So whenever I play Northern Expeditions I start with heroic and master and eliminate sasquatch for the day, then I can play epic and canadian without him showing up. It's not guaranteed, since I am not sure of kabam's criteria for making him ambush you. Last night I played 5 paths on canadin and he didn't show up not only once.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Boring? Yes.
    Frustrating? Maybe for some
    But the event itself is ok. Nice to have an option to only grind resources you need
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    e_mac said:

I'm not cavalier and i'm finding the event relatively easy (with the exception of some nodes, which I don't have the proper counter strong enough to go for it). The only thing I am doing is avoiding sasquatch on the canadian and epic difficulties. Since there's no energy spending, whenever Sasquatch shows up I quit the quest and switch path or difficulties and he's not there anymore. He usually shows up after the first fight (sometimes after the second), but the first fight is usually easy.
    Here's another tip: it seems like sasquatch shows up for a limited time during the day. So whenever I play Northern Expeditions I start with heroic and master and eliminate sasquatch for the day, then I can play epic and canadian without him showing up. It's not guaranteed, since I am not sure of kabam's criteria for making him ambush you. Last night I played 5 paths on canadin and he didn't show up not only once.

Time of day has got nothing to do with his appearance...its random it may come up more than u want it to or less than it shud but no bearing on the time of the day..
    Bawa69 said:

e_mac said:

firstly u cant play canadian if you are not cavalier...so thats a load of BS...
    secondly time of day has got nothing to do with his appearance...its random it may come up more than u want it too or less than it shud but no bearing on the time of the day..
    You absolutely can. Only need to be lv55
    edited July 2020
    Well, I am only uncollected and I'm playing Canadian. So maybe you should find out for sure before calling it BS.

As for the tips, I really don't care about what you think. As I said, I don't know for sure the way it works, just that it is the way it's working for me. I am not fighting sasquatch on epic or canadian AT ALL because he's not even showing up. After beating him on heroic and master more than once, he RARELY shows up again if I go straight to epic or Canadian. If this doesn't work for you, good for me then.
  • Ezekiel2517Ezekiel2517 Posts: 21
    edited July 2020
    My team for this Canadian: CMM 6* dup rank3, Nick Fury for synergy and The Thing 6* dup rank3 for ambush. Some specific line, swap NF. Very easy.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    Well....that guy is not even a problem...

https://youtu.be/hO55FMPHtP0

The annoying point is that he jumped out too frequently, which makes the fights so repetitive....

• BowlSheetBowlSheet Posts: 113
    e_mac said:

I'm pretty sure they got rid of that as a side effect or direct design of all the maintenance. I find the ambush is now obligatory and can't be sidestepped by restarting. If I have to get good, I'd rather play Battlefront.
    edited July 2020
    BowlSheet said:

e_mac said:

I'm pretty sure they got rid of that as a side effect or direct design of all the maintenance. I find the ambush is now obligatory and can't be sidestepped by restarting. If I have to get good, I'd rather play Battlefront.
    Don't think so. Just did it. Played a path on master, got sasquatch. Then went to heroic, didn't get sasquatch on my first path. Then played another path in heroic, got him. Then went to play a path in epic, didn't get him. Played a path in Canadian, didn't get him. So not obligatory. Unless you mean on the same path and difficulty. But you won't always get him on every path.

Not sure you can avoid him by restarting because since I didn't get him there was no need to. Restarting doesn't work if you're doing the same path though, you will get him again. You have to do a different path. To do the same path you have to wait a few hours and he won't show on that path.