**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Canadian Difficulty Feedback

Hello guys, the last 2 or 3 days, the game has been plagued by many issues, but there are also positive things like the conclusion of Canadian Difficulty, the prelude for cavalier difficulty. In my opinion, Canadian Difficulty is a success. The node combinations are the the best part of the quest. Not once did I feel like it's impossible to complete a path in the quest. Also the node-champion combinations were not that bad either. Yes there are some tough fights, but overall Kabam did a good job designing that quest. The rewards are good, the addition of T5CC is a welcome one even though there is not much of it. One con in terms of the rewards is the reduction that happened in Epic Difficulty. I do realize that there are more rewards in total, but there are many people who will not be able to 100% explore Canadian Difficulty. Also one more positive is the sheer amount of gold you can earn. To the negatives is the massive 300K HP Sasquatch that pops up in almost every path. It would be fine if we had to face him 3 or 4 times tops per difficulty. Also the last negative about the event is the Guardian bug that doesn't allow his armor ups to be nullified. Other than those two negatives, overall in my opinion, Canadian Difficulty is one of the best side events ever, right after Gwenpool goes to the movies. I would maybe consider giving a little more signature stones if I was in Kabam's position but in terms of difficulty you have done a good job.

Comments

• Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    game should be made for fun not soo hard not soo easy...game is made for free the stress not to get stress....if we are getting dificulty make sure to give solutions for that dificulty...perfect example is buff randomiser and nodes and not only on opponent some nodes should apply on our champ too.. I like some nodes like bane and life transfer back to 5.2 it was pretty good where we get 50-50 chances and its pretty fun to play too..I love bane too and some nodes which we got random buff on us it was awsome too game should take turn to fun side but game has taken side of making game more hard to play..almost people like it..but it was more fun if we also trick oponent on their nodes too just 50-50 in the match...
  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    Agree that it was a decent level of difficulty for someone who has completed cavalier. The number of ambushes tho sucked, and I wasted hours needing to restart if I messed up a fight or got an ambush. But I liked this a lot better than needing to pay “tokens” and energy without even knowing the champs or nodes you’re facing.

That said, the bug on the last fight sucked. And ruined overall good experience. Plus some of these beefy fights like dormamu that degen you over time sucked. Especially if you have to bring in champs that degen them. It’s a guaranteed revive unless you have 15k pi champs...
  • SpiralSpiral Posts: 84
    the difficulty of each path is fine. i think the ambushes are what make it absurd and tedious. if your sasquatch counter isn't a part of your path team, then you'll cripple it trying to fit him on there.
  • Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    I love the Canadian difficulty only think I'm not gonna like is facing Annihlus lol
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I think that the PI should be toned up to around 35k for cavalier difficulty but besides for that it was great amazing node combinations that forced me to bring in different teams yet where still fun breakthrough was fun and yeah
  • NEIDER11NEIDER11 Posts: 62

If this is then testing the difficulty they want for the ‘easy path’ of cavalier difficulty then it’s fine, but if this is how ‘hard’ cavalier difficulty is meant to be, it’s a massive failure,

This event will be the first chapter of cavalier difficult (I hope)
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I'd guess if properly tuned Cav monthly should be around the same difficulty as 6.1 exploration? Not 6.1 easy paths, but exploration probably. Sound about right? Player becomes Cavalier, then gains access to a monthly difficultly similar to their next step in story progress? Or maybe it's supposed to fall right in the middle? Between newly Cavalier and Throne breaker? Not sure.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    My personal opinion on this matter is that it was in fact far too easy. Kabam stated that they were intending that newly cavalier players would only be able to get completion, and endgame players could get exploration.

For starters, any single person could get at least half if not more than completion with any rarity of duped Ronan. He could stun lock them to death. Then you could just take the easy lanes and you’ll have more than completion. And the lanes themselves, were nothing special. Things like Toxi-can and poison vulnerability? Seriously? Is this supposed to be endgame? The only lanes that were remotely hard were maybe the diss track lanes, which could be done by so many champs anyways that it wasn’t really demanding.

As for the bosses. There weren’t even local nodes! They weren’t hard champion to fight, in fact they were just large punching bags. And the more hits you do, the more damage you dealt. Breakthrough in my opinion, is about as far as you can get from endgame. After 25 hits, your damage increases. As for the nodes like powershield and power reserve, both of these could be easily done with certain four stars or even a 3* with stun locking capabilities.

The Sasquatch ambushes, I guess the were annoying? But they weren’t hard. If you were patient enough and were willing to practice, you could easily do it with a 4* since you slowly get higher and higher damage output. Plus, if you really weren’t willing to fight him, you could have just exited the fight and tried the path again.

The rewards, they were fine. They were proportional to the difficulty. They didn’t really help me all that much, but for the newly cav players who were able to explore the quest, the rewards were huge.

This is just my opinion however, feel free to disagree and @me as I would love to hear and constructive criticism or other opinions.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

I'd guess if properly tuned Cav monthly should be around the same difficulty as 6.1 exploration? Not 6.1 easy paths, but exploration probably. Sound about right? Player becomes Cavalier, then gains access to a monthly difficultly similar to their next step in story progress? Or maybe it's supposed to fall right in the middle? Between newly Cavalier and Throne breaker? Not sure.

Why are you guessing where the difficulty should be when kabam have already stated where it will be?

Completion should be tough but doable for newly cavalier players.
    Exploration should be tough but doable for those that explored act 6 entirely.

I’ve not explored act 6, but if this was the hardest we’d get on a cavalier difficulty, I’d be able to walk through exploration with relative ease.
    When uncollected came out I couldn’t explore the first month of it, I managed the 2nd month but it took several months before I started consistently exploring with no item use, that’s what cavalier needs to be like for those that explored act 6.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s not difficult enough to entertain the endgame players imo, for me this was just walked over without much thought, and the rewards weren’t bad but they aren’t going to make much of a difference to my account like the initial uc eq did. When it comes to the actual cav eq id like to see the completion run look something like this, but exploration needs to challenge even the strongest players at least to some level, and also needs to have rewards that are truly meaningful to our accounts, 6% t5cc is half of what I get every aq cycle, and for the highest difficulty event quest it should be a fair bit higher in my eyes.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    People want to be challenged, that’s why they complain about it being too easy. Walking though quests without thinking about the nodes for rewards is a chore, a means to an end, not entertainment.

FWIW I’m far from end game player, Ive done a run through act 6 which was enough for me, finished the variants and LOL but not touched abyss, 6*s still aren’t relevant in my roster, it’s a struggle to max a 5*.

This event week 4 is the bare minimum difficulty that would keep me amused, to be honest I was expecting more variant level than this which feels marginally above epic and on par with last quest of uncollected eq.

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Personally I would love a 6.2 champion boss, grandmaster or nameless thanos to fight once a month, not the same fights but something of that ilk. A month is long enough timeframe to practice and something like that would keep people engaged. Not everyone cav would do it but at least you could have a sense of achievement at the end like the first time you did any of those fights or did UC 100% the first time or whatever.