**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should Silver Surfer's damage output get tuned up?

Should Silver Surfer's damage output get tuned up? 20 votes

Yes, absolutely.
55%
SonSonLunaeKDSuperFlash10ThatOneMasterGamerEtjamaRenaxqqSASRedemptionRonniepalmerCaptain_HIryseCrcrcrc 11 votes
No, he's fine just the way he is.
45%
pseudosaneHeattblasttMysterioNotsavage19ErosenseiogMasterpuffSmittyMuffinBrainCloudwalker 9 votes

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t be opposed to it but he doesn’t really need it
  • SonSonSonSon Posts: 66
    Yes, absolutely.
    This is one of the most iconic superheroes of the Marvel Universe, but does not reflect that in MCOC. I dreamt of the day when he would be released in the game because I knew that he would be amazing. It genuinely feels like his damage pales in comparison to what he is capable in the comics.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    SonSon said:

This is one of the most iconic superheroes of the Marvel Universe, but does not reflect that in MCOC. I dreamt of the day when he would be released in the game because I knew that he would be amazing. It genuinely feels like his damage pales in comparison to what he is capable in the comics.

You have to keep in mind that MCOC doesn't and shouldn't reflect the capabilities of characters in the comics.
    Yes, absolutely.

SonSon said:

You have to keep in mind that MCOC doesn't and shouldn't reflect the capabilities of characters in the comics.
    I don't disagree with you on that fact. Champs shouldn't be represented exactly like in the comics, because some have absurd capabilities that would not be anywhere realistic in MCOC. All I'm saying is that a slight tune-up could be in order for a champ of this magnitude...maybe up the ante on his crit chance or something to that effect.
  • SASRedemptionSASRedemption Posts: 6
    Yes, absolutely.
    Totally agree with SonSon. I was so excited when I heard that he would come to the Contest. I thought he would be more like in the comics damage wise. He is just a fenomenal superhero in de Marvel Universe. I think small changes would do him honor; such as higher damage absorption that would leed in smaller short termed fury buffs or powergains. Plus more resistant immunities (or a slow debuff) on poison and bleed.
    Yes, absolutely.

Totally agree with SonSon. I was so excited when I heard that he would come to the Contest. I thought he would be more like in the comics damage wise. He is just a fenomenal superhero in de Marvel Universe. I think small changes would do him honor; such as higher damage absorption that would leed in smaller short termed fury buffs or powergains. Plus more resistant immunities (or a slow debuff) on poison and bleed.

Exactly my point. You nailed this one on the head. A fee small changes here and there that would make the Surfer a more enjoyable and useful Champion in-game.
    SonSon said:

SonSon said:

I don't disagree with you on that fact. Champs shouldn't be represented exactly like in the comics, because some have absurd capabilities that would not be anywhere realistic in MCOC. All I'm saying is that a slight tune-up could be in order for a champ of this magnitude...maybe up the ante on his crit chance or something to that effect.
    I feel like his rotation is fine. His damage output is above average. Just because he's a big part of Marvel comics isn't reason enough to make him better. He's decent. That's fine.
  • SASRedemptionSASRedemption Posts: 6
    Yes, absolutely.
    But the way he is designed now, you need to be a skilled player to get the maximum out of his potentials. Small changes, would also make him easier to use for newer of less skilled players and reflect his true nature of being a wheeler of the Cosmic Powers...
    edited July 2020
    Yes, absolutely.
    :)
    SonSon said:

Exactly my point. You nailed this one on the head. A few small changes here and there that would make the Surfer a more enjoyable and useful Champion in-game.
    :)

But the way he is designed now, you need to be a skilled player to get the maximum out of his potentials. Small changes, would also make him easier to use for newer of less skilled players and reflect his true nature of being a wheeler of the Cosmic Powers...

You need to be a skilled player to get the most out of many characters. Does that mean that characters like Ghost or Quake need to be tuned up so that less skilled players can use them?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes, absolutely.
    Lvernon15 said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to it but he doesn’t really need it

Yeah, this. Both options on the poll are different ends of the spectrum. The in-between is that he doesn't really need it, but it would be great to have.
    edited July 2020
    Yes, absolutely.

You need to be a skilled player to get the most out of many characters. Does that mean that characters like Ghost or Quake need to be tuned up so that less skilled players can use them?
    Notsavage19 is right, there is no real concern or issue with how to use the character. Skill has to be mastered in any game, unless there is something completely broken about the champions play style. In this case, there's no need to tweak Silver Surfer's play style or rotation in order to satisfy the deficiencies of less skilled summoners.
    Yes, absolutely.
    The best damage I can do is about 17k on the very last hit of the SP2. That with a dead Nick Fury, Storm, Cyclops and Magneto synergies.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Not until they increase Hulks damage. One of the hardest hitting in Marvel. Dmg is average.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Yes, absolutely.

Silver Surfer is fine. Its his rotation that most mess up on. Its just hard to keep the buffs on surfer. Maybe a tune-up to his buff duration will be alright.

and bleed immunity