**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Black Widow (Deadly Origin) - Top Tier or Dog Tier?

I recently pulled a 5* BW from the featured crystal. After seeing her in the recent event quest, I was pumped! However, my excitement soon turned to sorrow, as video after video on YouTube seemed to hate her. There are a few folks who say she’s really good, though. I haven’t brought her up to mess around very much, what are your thoughts on her?

Comments

• The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    Sweet! Any good videos for her, and is she worth a gem?
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    I pulled her as 6 Star from Jul 4 deal, then she became my first 6R2 champion a week later.

All energy damage + constant and crazy shock damage + high critical hit rating + great ability accuracy reduction + solid evade mechanic (synergy with Red Guardian) + really really enjoyable fighting style and animation.

What an awesome champion, no doubt!

I used her for my Variant 1, Chapter 1 exploration. She helped me finish the fights really really fast, much faster than my 5/65 high Sig Blade, and as fast as my 5/65 high Sig Sunspot.

The weakness of her is to against the shock-immune champions (e.g. Dr. Doom), or the champions who can get hype really quick by taking energy/shock damage (e.g. Havok, Human Torch, Electro, CMM)
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    she's very fun to play, and her shocks are quite good
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★
    Unio77 said:

Dog tier!?
    Are you implying dogs are trash.
    You sir definently need need insight

I think he was trying to say dog s****
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    She sucks lol
    She took like 400 hits for ROL Winter Soldier and like 5 minutes for the fight.

I have her as 5/65 and she hits like a noodle.
  • ReptoidReptoid Posts: 38
    ChriissR said:

She sucks lol

Then you are doing something wrong, my rank 4 does it in 160 hits.

• MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Karate mike on YouTube has a good vid showcasing her. I have her at 4/55 unawakened. I gave gems but I don’t wanna give it to her bc I barely use the sabotage mechanic anyway. She a lot of fun tho. Especially if you like punishing specials and trying to intercept. It’s nice being rewarded for actually playing WELL
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    ChriissR said:

She sucks lol

If all you do is parry then attack, ya she can be underwhelming. If you try to punish specials and look for intercept openings she can be a straight banger... like I said in a earlier post, it nice being rewarded for playing well and the better more fluid u can play the more she’ll proc the shocks
  • PerfectExamplePerfectExample Posts: 30
    edited July 2020

She a beast!

She a beast!

Username checks out.

Haha, but for real thanks for sharing! I’m getting a better feel for her, and I think I’ll bring her up after I get through some other champs!
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Elsa or her?
    GagoH said:

Elsa or her?

To take up?

Frost has good immunities, but even building her prowess doesn’t seem to do much damage. I’d probably take BW over her.
  • LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    I freakin love White Widow. A lot of champs are not immune to shock and hers does high damage. Doesn't need to be awakened. Build up her widow's insight for best efficiency. I also love spamming the sp1 and getting that evade off to add extra shock. SP2 is insane, watch the above video. Never fight Human Torch! Lol
  • LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    MetalJake said:

ChriissR said:

She sucks lol

If all you do is parry then attack, ya she can be underwhelming. If you try to punish specials and look for intercept openings she can be a straight banger... like I said in a earlier post, it nice being rewarded for playing well and the better more fluid u can play the more she’ll proc the shocks
    I agree. This champ rewards you for playing well.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★

GagoH said:

Elsa or her?

To take up?

Frost has good immunities, but even building her prowess doesn’t seem to do much damage. I’d probably take BW over her.
    He meant Elsa, not Emma

GagoH said:

Elsa or her?

To take up?

He meant Elsa, not Emma
    Hahaha, my bad. Keep forgetting she exists and thought people were making fun of Frost.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    she is made for early level content, may b till act 5. like GP with little less utility then her,which is absilutely fine, there should b champs who are just simple . so mid tier for sure, with some nodes favorite shocks in future,korg fights or may b even few evade fights she'll be useful on even act 6. its pretty much theme , 2020 champs r made for 6* R5 level so their real potential will come out after they r R4 or beyond like many 5* in 2018, like doc oc,Gr, voodoo,hyperion,medusa, 2019 champs (half of them atleast) are just bonkers,i m just confused why they already exists in 6*! like ghost if ghost is r5 on 6* ,doom,nick fury, CmM, AEgon,omega,Torch,Cap Iw, why would u even need any new champs to that rank! its kinda loosing balance, probaby future nerfs for them before R4/5 6* materials gets introduced! i find it Hard to rank my new 6* Hitmonkey over 6* sunspot! not that i am complaining,its just newer 2020 champs has mostly no value compared 2019 champs. except for uique utilities like Red guardian, sasquatch, Tigra,Mojo