**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New update graphics too heavy.

So I use 2 phones to play. One of them, I use solely to play, nothing else. It's an LG X210MA, which used to be good enough to grind. Some champions had heavy graphics which made them harder to fight on that phone (Aarkus, Mysterio, etc). The other is a Moto G7 plus, which I use as my main phone and only played harder fights and/or difficulties because it gives me more control since it's got much better specs. However, it doesn't hold much battery so I mostly play on the LG.
After the update (v27.2.5) today graphics for all fights are pretty heavy on the LG. Which has now made it more difficult to play on it. Every champion is like those mentioned before.
As I said, I only use it for the game, have everything else on it disabled and I use it on wifi only.
On motog7 game is fine, as I expected.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone from Kabam can tell if this is how it's supposed to be (as the game evolves) or is it an issue which is going to be looked at?

Thanks

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    As the game continues to evolve, so will the graphics. This is likely why you are experiencing graphics issues-
    https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-difference-in-gaming-performance-between-Qualcomm-Adreno-306-and-Qualcomm-Adreno-308
  • AzenstarAzenstar Posts: 57
    So we have to update our devices at least once per year :/
    Good job, Kabam!!!
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Azenstar said:

Good job, Kabam!!!

Works fine on my nearly 3 year old Razer Phone and my 1 year old S10+. Perhaps don't get cheap android phones with bad hardware.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't say that. The phone you use to play on is a lower ended phone. Would you try and play PC games on a low end computer with integrated graphics and expect the same results as a gaming designed PC with a GPU dedicated to gaming?
    I just don't see why this game requires a high end device...
    edited July 2020
    So I should buy every year the latest gaming device, for what? For a simple fighting game, that doesn't even have Live PvP fights, that lags and is always under maintenance???
    And there are so many players that invest real money :D:D:D
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Azenstar said:

Good job, Kabam!!!

How do you not update your device once a year lol. Dude it’s 2020.
    Kids were updating their mobile devices since 2000.
    It ain’t a 2020 trend 😱
    Anyway, on the topic, the game will keep rising its minimum device requirements every few updates. This is normal for an ever evolving online game.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Azenstar said:

I just don't see why this game requires a high end device...

um... maybe because it has actual good graphics? Would you rather prefer 8 bit MCOC?
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Azenstar said:

So I should buy every year the latest gaming device, for what? For a simple fighting game, that doesn't even have Live PvP fights, that lags and is always under maintenance???
    And there are so many players that even invest real money :D:D:D

you don't understand gaming, do you? "Simple fighting game". Have you tried act 5? act 6? have you seen the animations of champs like nova? It isn't a "hit hit hit, win" type game lol
  • SaielSaiel Posts: 28
    I play on two phones also my Samsung note 10 and my old Samsung s7 Edge, game still works really well on the s7 edge which is almost 3 1/2 years old
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★

Azenstar said:

And there are so many players that even invest real money :D:D:D

you don't understand gaming, do you? "Simple fighting game". Have you tried act 5? act 6? have you seen the animations of champs like nova? It isn't a "hit hit hit, win" type game lol
    And it may not be only animations. All these champion abilities, combined with several nodes and mastery setups, may create a countable weight to processors too 🤔
    Maybe you're right, lowlevel, I am not that experienced as others - I am currently in Act 5 - but there are so many bugs...
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    I have noticed that lots of the time, the problem isn't with the characters fighting, but the background gfx & animations going on.

Kabam really should make it so you can turn that off, and I bet, over 50% of the 'slow down' issues will go away.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Tbf I've got a high spec fairly new phone, game ran perfectly until it updated with 27.2.5 earlier today.
    Combat, menus and maps stuttering all over the place since the update.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

ItsDamien said:

Azenstar said:

Good job, Kabam!!!

Works fine on my nearly 3 year old Razer Phone and my 1 year old S10+. Perhaps don't get cheap android phones with bad hardware.
    Thats because the razor phone is a gaming phone bruh
    It's also a Razer Phone running on old hardware by todays standard. If you don't understand that Phones and PCs regularly get new hardware iterations each year as things become more intricate and need more power, I don't know what else to tell you. But if you buy cheap hardware and complain that it doesn't hold up after a single year, then perhaps investing in better hardware that will last longer is more beneficial. Short term investment for long term use.
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    SparkAlot said:

I have noticed that lots of the time, the problem isn't with the characters fighting, but the background gfx & animations going on.

Kabam really should make it so you can turn that off, and I bet, over 50% of the 'slow down' issues will go away.

Agreed, sometimes when that freaking plane comes for a landing, with certains champions, it creates a little lag, noticable and sometimes very damaging... usually for the one on the left of the screen.