**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Infinite Streak Matches (Post-DMs)

Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
I've noticed that when using my 5* R4s and R3s, most of the matchups are all 5* R5s, even though I've passed the deathmatch mark.

Before the EMs, when fighting with a team of R4s or R3s (after the DM mark) would match you up with teams that were around the rating of your team, meaning R4s or R3s, even 4*s R5s. However, there's about a 24k difference between my team and the team I was matched up with (17992 vs 42899).

Is this happening to anyone too?

Comments

• Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    And yes, it does happen sometimes but it’s not like the fights are unwinable, they are still doable so it’s not to bad
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★
    I’ve been getting tougher matches this round too. Most of the time matches are even, but this round almost all matches are against R5’s. Don’t know if it’s the rerun arena or something else.
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Matches have a been a little weird for me with this run. Might just be me but I had matches against Kang/Thanos from rounds 9 - 16 and that’s never particularly happened to me. Not to mention the 4* feature arena match up for me have also been all over the place today as well. Still, all winnable but just strange.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Have not found a more recent than this.

• Drax_ReflexologistDrax_Reflexologist Posts: 120 ★★
    Um, yeah noticed this also. Every match up is rated hard and at least one or two is a DM with Dr. Doom staring at me. Not cool at all. Zero communication about a very substantial change? C'mon Kabam you can do better.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    I don't buy that pic (from 2 years ago) as the reason anything seems different now.
    At the time, bet it was referring to if you happened to be some of those “very top” arena teams, that you could start being matched with others of similar as more people started to have 5* r5 in whole team.

This case is NOT that. And seen at least couple others (but using r2's) complain about same.
    Since yours are all r3, even at low end, something definitely going on.

Which I’m wondering if maybe the “FUTURE” changes to Arena Matches has started to work their way into released code (just like the “balanced” Ticket Cost for AQ with a Mix of map 5/6/7 this week made it in a little early).

Original remarks about changes to Arena sounded like it might only affect the death matches like between 8-14, but maybe it's gonna start affecting even well beyond that (and not for the better like the 8-14 changes will be).
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I dont grind often but thought to try this time and my 5/50 4s sometimes the hardest match up is 44k pi and sometimes the middle is around 30k then top the easy one never noticed this ages ago when i grinded squrriel girl both times which was even rating but now it just seems off a lot

Edit should also say this is the featured 4 star hero just to clarify
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

For me, normally after passing The Thanos teams at around streak 12 to 16/17 and I use this team I have, I would be faced off against a team of champs just slightly stronger than my guys.

This is at streak 30, they have done something to arena.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I think the addition of so many rank 3 6* champs has affected every level of arena making the matches stronger than they used to be when the highest defenders before we're just rank 2. The match ups seem stronger across the board and it's been gradually increasing since the addition of more rank 3 champs. That's just my thoughts. I'm probably way off the mark.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Its a minimum PI thing. Not a change. If the overall PI of the summoners goes up, the minimum PI (nonsynergy) of the champs needed to maintain the 'streak' goes up. It is different for every event. T1a, t4b, featured, etc all have different minimum PIs. Just for the uninitiated, the same PI for 4*s and 5*s doesn't work. That, in my opinion, is an issue.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    They definitely changed something. I don’t mind, as I’m getting more points, but it was changed. I always pick the 3rd (bottom) choice and they now generally have a higher combined PI than normal. I use the same teams every arena so it’s not a change on my end. When I would normally face r4 I’m facing r5 and 6* r2.

Edit: I’m not referring to matches 1-20 or getting death matched.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 563 ★★★
    Arenas changed Thanks to 6* @ 3/45 characters, so, it's involution

Kabam said about fix this in their Dev posts
  • SaranSaran Posts: 11
    I am also facing the same problem. Please revert it back kabam
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I noticed specifically this area has been different but I wasn't sure if it was because my prestige had made significant jump - I've noticed infinite streak matchups you always see the same names all the time which I think (un-proven) is where you are grouped on similar prestige.
    For example, post infinite streak I've never run into an r3 before, but now I've been matched up on numerous cases with teams which have 2 or 3 rank 3 champs.

I do suspect this out of time arena start is to blame tho, however I would like to see this continue as the extra points from winning are noticeable when your only chasing milestones

6 stars dont affect 4 star featured though so how can death matches still appear when using 5/50 3/45 champs
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

6 stars dont affect 4 star featured though so how can death matches still appear when using 5/50 3/45 champs
    Not directly, but as rosters keep getting larger, this will impact all arenas.

Bendy said:

Not directly, but as rosters keep getting larger, this will impact all arenas.
    No it wont it will impact the featured 5 due to another rank being added it should and always has stayed the same when r5 5s came out in featured 4 and now all of a sudden this arena people have seen triple the power with 5s 3/45 and 4 5/50s like i have yesterday i had a match of 39k and 44k and the easiest was 18k no way something has changed as it would be same
  • papunonlypapunonly Posts: 35
    Ive been doing arena since the beginning but never had such death matches even after my streak was 45+ and total team PI was around 15.3k. and no it's not happening in just 5 star featured but 4 star featured too.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit anything upon this will be really helpful since we don't want out streaks to just end after so much effort put in
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I noticed the changes after July 4 when players were ranking up champs. Ilacskills has a video about it.
  • Aar_Aar_ Posts: 7
    I've been grinding in 4* basic arena since months, but since they took arenas off and rerun i've been getting matched with twice the PI of my team at random streak. This was my 23rd match and my pi was more than 4500, which is adequate to maintain Infinite streak.