**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quantity of T1 alpha

2»

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    It’s funny this topic pops up the week I run out of t1a’s, Bought three for a 4/55 rankup then realised I need 5 more for the 5/65 so that’s on ice till I run a few weeks of alpha arena (something I haven’t had to do for Probably 6 months) I advocated for this Imbalance years ago when it was Huge, I haven’t run out or run t1a arena in almost a year Either , but I do find myself spending glory on a few most months. It seems very strange they were left out of the side event this month which has a massive amount of everything else, and yeah I used farmed units for the 4th of July deals)I think small design flaws like this highlight the slight imbalances, I have an abundance of t4bs in overflow, And gold from that Side event so I’ve been doing some 4* rankups for arena for rankup events and to stop so much t4bs expiring Didnt realise it was killing my t1as stash too. 1have been selling hundreds of t1bs, t2bs and t3bs and even t4bs since I stopped doing so much lower rankups because I’m over arena at the moment (the side event probably a factor there, it’s been very time consuming but the rewards are totally worth it, just, as it turns out, strangely t1a stark
    Yes glory price for t1as is too high, the old argument that imbalances should never be fixed because they will create a new imbalance doesn’t really hold water, it’s what game design is about, people asking for imbalances to be addressed, is game design feedback, people rebutting them and telling them to spend hours In arena and a massive amount of glory (The most useful, limited and sought after resource in the game (behind t5cs) on one of the most basic resources, probably aren’t people who should be anywhere near a game design discussion,
    As an example of bad balances In game, i also can’t believe the amount of glory/ limit of gold crystals in the glory store, here’s an example I’ve put forward in the gold debate, we can buy 5 gold crystals a week, which return around 3k on average. It takes 3m gold to rankup a 5/65 these days. At maxed weekly buying, That’s 2 years of glory store gold crystals for enough gold to rank one champ... the designers may want to have a bit of a look at these things
  • 100100100100 Posts: 111
    @Kabam Miike pls add t1 alphas in next month side quest
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★

MikeHock said:

MikeHock said:

3 day event : 1 - 2 per week
    SA : 1 - 3 per week
    Arena : 3 per week
    Black ISO market : 2 per week (if you spend)
    Glory : 10 per week

Now.. one time rewards
    Master EQ : 3 per month
    Heroic EQ : 2 per month
    Normal EQ : 1 per month

Back Issues Classic : 1 per completion, you also gain 1 stoney core in 3.

So.. if you're really that short lets count this out. 17 per week x 4 weeks
    68 + 6 monthly.
    74 per month.. but you need more?

All that is before side quests. Yes. This month hasnt got T1A. But some months do..

Economics my friend, the only things in this game which are infinite are gold and iso. Learn how tk manage your resources, if you cant manage resources in game, I feel for your bank account.

At least be realistic. I doubt the majority Of people use their glory to get 10 tier1 Alpahs a week.

Here’s a static number: it takes 22 tier1 Alphas to take a 5* from rank1 to rank5.
    If youre hurting that much for it.. its there.. if you dont want to spend glory thats still 34 per month. Learn to manage your resources. They give us more T1A you'll cry for more T4B by next week..
    I'm able to to manage my profile just fine. I just wanted to point out how unrealistic your #'s were. Are you able to post without being $@*# and talking down to people? Let us know when you come down off your high horse.
    High horse? You want to talk to me about end game players suffering. Im talking to you as an end game player. Numerous other end game players are in the same situation as I am, except theyre fed up with commenting on these I want more posts. I'm not.

If you want the resources. They are there. Very simple. If you want to spend your resources on T2A T5B go ahead. Thats how I spend mine. You say theres a lack of something. I point out the numbers. So please.. when you decide to actually look at the realistic numerous of what is and is not available to players.. then come back and speak to me.
    Get back to me where you see me talking about end game players suffering or where I’ve complained about the availability of tier1 alphas. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★

Don't rank up 5* champs you don't need
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Exactly, it's about resource management

The humongous amount of t2a in act6 is one of the cause of t1a shortages.

It may play a part, but people can still work for the t1as while any extra t2as sit in the stash for a month.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

No please no. I rank up useless champs as it is so things don’t expire.

Nothing stop you from selling them and have a hilarious amount of 1620 t2a fragments. You will need to sell only another 191 to form a t2a 🤣
    Yeah increasing t1a availability would break the game 🤣
    edited July 2020
    Aleor said:

If you play arena ALL champs are needed.
    Nowadays you need 5*s at r3 to be 5* arena useful, else you are risking a death match at higher arenas 😉
    Also don’t be fooled by the overflow, it’s not even 3 rank ups, and t1a inventory capacity is only 15 (less than t2a) 🤣
    Greekhit said:

Aleor said:

Nowadays you need 5*s at r3 to be 5* arena useful, else you are risking a death match at higher arenas 😉
    Also don’t be fooled by the overflow, it’s not even 3 rank ups, and t1a inventory capacity is only 15 (less than t2a) 🤣
    But for t1a arena, not all champs are needed to run off only 1.6M over 2 days.

I'm F2P and planned and saved for July 4 weekend deals. I had tons of t1as in my stash when I popped 10 featured. R5ed white widow, r4 tigra, r3 sorceress. My stash emptied on those. It's on me to do content and arena to collect those alphas again.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Aleor said:

I don't, that's true. On the other hand, if you do, you should be getting more t1a, then me? Don't even know where they come from. I agree on inventory cap, it should be increased at least for those small things
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I just checked and I have 21 t1a in my overflow right now. I sell those and t4b all the time. Don't rank up useless champs.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    The real issue is t4cc availability not t1a. It’s so easy to get t1a and it’s so hard to try and get the right class of t4cc
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Wait, you wanna add more t1a to the glory store, but refuse to spend your glory on the already available amount?

I think there’s something to be said for the fact that t5b had a 75% price cut (considering reduced cost and increased quantity per buy) and t2a had a 50% price cut, while t1a stayed the same.

It would make sense for that to be a cavalier-only discount since almost all roster growth is 5-stars. If they were 100 and 120 a week for two, I’d consider it. Regardless, once you’ve got about 5 rank 5 champs, you probably shouldn’t take anyone past rank 1 unless you intend to put t2a into them. That roster depth just doesn’t do you any favors, and it drains gold, iso and catalysts.
    TyEdge said:

Raichu626 said:

Wait, you wanna add more t1a to the glory store, but refuse to spend your glory on the already available amount?

I think there’s something to be said for the fact that t5b had a 75% price cut (considering reduced cost and increased quantity per buy) and t2a had a 50% price cut, while t1a stayed the same.

It would make sense for that to be a cavalier-only discount since almost all roster growth is 5-stars. If they were 100 and 120 a week for two, I’d consider it. Regardless, once you’ve got about 5 rank 5 champs, you probably shouldn’t take anyone past rank 1 unless you intend to put t2a into them. That roster depth just doesn’t do you any favors, and it drains gold, iso and catalysts.

What tier wars do you play? 5 r5s may work for you, but others need 3 for war and AQ attack teams each, 5 war defenders should be r5 so that's 11. Also, anyone who plays arenas knows r1s are basically useless, you want a spectrum of r4s and down to maximize points. Sorry, but your point of view on how many r5s someone should have and recommending only r1 seems very narrow minded without taking into account progression of others and what their goals are.
    The point about rankup months and shard months made no sense, the side quest this months had tons of shards and tons of t5b and tons of t2a and tons of t4b. I would call that a design ommision, same with act 6, great example. After act 6 100% my leaders stash looked like this.
    Whenever people say don’t do content until you can grind for months for other resources first I literally facepalm. To keep defending game design that keeps unbalancing things as “that’s how it is and deal with it”

Again just makes me think why people Can be anti game design improvement ideas.

the reason we have these discussions is because sometimes kabam needs reminding that there are imbalances.
    Personally I’m lazy and I often glory buy t2cs if I’m out, because they are cheap, as mentioned the cost of glory for t1as should be addressed.
    We all make do with what we have, we all rankup with what resources we have, we all play the game around what we are recieving, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t say to kabam hey it seems strange that you are leaving t1as out of end game and recent content, when they are so necessary To use with the other resources you keep increasing
    We all play the game and rank with what we have, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t make suggestions when t1a get left out of side events that contain every single other rankup resource in the game in massive amounts (including 5 and 6* so I’m not sure what the point of saying this months side quest offers rankup materials and next months will be 5/6* shard,
    are crazy expensive in the glory store, oh and end game content like act 6 completion, I innocently think these are just design flaws by omission and these discussions are about whether they might need looking at
    The idea that we have what we are given and should never discuss imbalances is again not healthy for game design, t1as and gold have been addressed before because of these discussions, and kabam often need reminders to keep an eye on things that seem to be creeping out of balance

People that say stop doing content until you can grind and plan for months tobalance other resources before you complete the content, just doesn’t seem like smart game design to me
    rind
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★

this has been covered hundreds of times on the forums. You can earn about 21 or 27 per month realistically. Thats without side event stores or path rewards.

As one noble dude said, NO, THAT'S NOT TRUE, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
    For most of us I think...
    Speeds80 said:

We all play the game and rank with what we have, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t make suggestions when t1a get left out of side events that contain every single other rankup resource in the game in massive amounts (including 5 and 6* so I’m not sure what the point of saying this months side quest offers rankup materials and next months will be 5/6* shard,
    are crazy expensive in the glory store, oh and end game content like act 6 completion, I innocently think these are just design flaws by omission and these discussions are about whether they might need looking at
    The idea that we have what we are given and should never discuss imbalances is again not healthy for game design, t1as and gold have been addressed before because of these discussions, and kabam often need reminders to keep an eye on things that seem to be creeping out of balance

People that say stop doing content until you can grind and plan for months tobalance other resources before you complete the content, just doesn’t seem like smart game design to me
    rind

My stash for t2a is pretty much at the same position as yours. 15 at the overflow. It’s funny that t2a are easier to get (at the quantities needed) than t1a.
    @KABAM
    This was the main reason I didn’t purchased all the 4th July containing t2a:
    The lack of t1a in big quantities that would be needed.
    If you guys at Kabam think this good for your business you are more than welcome 🤔
    Sorry my internet is playing up I edited the first message and thought it was deleted so I wrote a new one,
    To be perfectly transparent those photos aren’t my stash but my alliance mates because he 100% act 6, I haven’t done It yet,I’m waiting for the tone down, it’s just the little oversights like this that cause the imbalance, it looks a bit like this from our point of view. Kabam people are screaming for t2a so we will give them more, and make them cheap in the glory store, but seem to have forgotten the amount of t1as we need for those rankups as well, add some t1as to act 6 rewards and cut the glory cost in half, then dont forget To include them in side events that have every other resource in the game in abundance, and this would be much less of an issue
  • BrianPerkinsBrianPerkins Posts: 154
    This whole topic is fake news
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★

Just used up six to rank 4 a champion.
    Now zero again and long wait for 45 more.

14 days to get 12. Good or poor?