**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I'm in 6.2.6 and I gotta question

XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
I'm already at the Champion boss, brought him down to 45% but I'm out of revives, I wanna stay here and play it out with the units I get from arena. My question is once the champion nerf is pushed will I be kicked from the quest?

Comments

• XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
    Frosty said:

Possibly but that could be months away which would mean no questing for a possible few months

I thought the champion nerf is coming out in the upcoming update... At least that's what it sounds like from dev diaries
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Vydious
    Ik it's against forum rules to tag a mod and I am incredibly sorry, but I'd appreciate a direct answer to this
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302

Frosty said:

Possibly but that could be months away which would mean no questing for a possible few months

I thought the champion nerf is coming out in the upcoming update... At least that's what it sounds like from dev diaries
    Can be next week but more realistic can be november, almost december so there's nothing to worry

In the comment sections of the diaries, it seemed as though they were doing the entire act 6 in one update, opposed to multiple updates creating multiple versions of the content. Only date I saw confirmed was before Book 2, which is scheduled for November / December time.

I would have personally waited for the nerf to champion before going in. Its the last 10% which is the worst part. Hard to say if it'd kick you out or not, I'm not even sure if the tech team would know how the update would interact. I know the daily quests kick you out after the refresh, but you can ignore that and go back in after. If it doesn't kick you, I don't think it'd update the fight, it would also register you as beating him after the update, so wouldn't be eligible for compensation. The next changelog is due soon, might be able to see in that if theyre dropping any changes to him this coming month.

Good luck with the fight! Who are you using btw?

Capiw r3 5* (my main champ against champion), Morningstar r3 5*(for the last 10%of champion), frost r5 5* 3x duped, cmm r4 5* 6 sig away from max sig, blade r4 5* 2x duped
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

I'm already at the Champion boss, brought him down to 45% but I'm out of revives, I wanna stay here and play it out with the units I get from arena. My question is once the champion nerf is pushed will I be kicked from the quest?

I don't think it's a good idea to grind units from Arena. Have you ever tried the Champion last 10%?
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    If you haven't practiced dexing The Champion's special attacks in duels/anywhere extensively, and can't reliably do it, then I would say you should just quit out and grind resources until the next time you're ready. It took me two runs to get through my initial clear.
    If you have practiced and can reliably dex, then I would say go for it.
  • Slevin73Slevin73 Posts: 91
    If you never tried the last 10% I doubt you can finish with the units from arena. Especially when you’re trying with r3 5*. I mean, you can probably do it if you play it perfectly but that match it’s far from perfect playable. You’ll slip up at somepoint during last 10%.
    My advice is quit, grind for potions (like a lot of them. If you revive you’ll need your champs at full health) and revives and try it again.
    Also, when at the last 10% i advise you to do 10 duels on the champion to practice the dex on the sp1. Immediately after the duels go try to bring him down. At least that’s what i did.

Good luck!
    Daphboy said:

Practice duels against the champion saved me A LOT of stress and units. Used my 3* capiw against him until I could do 10 dex in a row. Took maybe 10-20 minutes. Then immediately went in with 5* r4 and took him out. I ended up using 2 revives because I was so concerned about the last 10% I didn’t even realize there was an unblockable phase and kept wondering why my parries weren’t working😅.

I'll probably end up practicing on duels
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

If you haven't practiced dexing The Champion's special attacks in duels/anywhere extensively, and can't reliably do it, then I would say you should just quit out and grind resources until the next time you're ready. It took me two runs to get through my initial clear.
    If you have practiced and can reliably dex, then I would say go for it.

Once you get to 10%, all you need is one successful run. With ramped ms it should be doable even as r3 5*. I actually think it's the best part of the fight. Did it in 2-3 revives after watching some yt on how to get 2 dexs per one sp
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    Highly recommend dueling a 6* Champion with a 2 or 3* Cap IW to get used to it.

I used an R3 Cap IW to beat him. You’ll want to revive and heal all the way, and learn how to dex his S1 twice in one go. Lagacy has a good video. But the more you practice the better you’ll get.

As for the nerf, it should be coming with the next update, so beginning or end of August.
    Good luck!
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    If you're seriously using an r5 capiw, you better make you not only can dex BOTH his specials, but you better be able to evade most of his basic attacks because you can't afford to take block damage, unless you're also using Fantastic.

My advice, would be to use this run as practice, then just get out. You can then save the resources needed to upgrade your capiw for a better run when the nerf comes. Or get Fantastic if you don't have him.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    You’d probably have to reset the quest for the changes to take place