**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Canadian Difficulty Feedback

13»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

I really see people saying that it was not challenging enough for them, but they have not explored act 6 100% yet. So I might sound salty, but go explore act 6 if you are looking for a challenge. I haven't seen a single comment from people that have explored all the content asking for cavalier to be more difficult. Have you thought that people want to get the rewards that are offered in this event and not stress about going through hell again? As far as YouTuber's opinions go, Seatin, Lagacy and KT1 (all of them are end game players) Canadian Difficulty was amazing too. I am looking to earn rewards and not sell my soul to the devil for miniscule rewards. If Kabam wants to give me a Nameless Thanos fight on steroids again by all means they are welcome to do so, but I want to get much better rewards than 2.5K 6* shards. A Nexus 5* maybe would peek my interest alongside at least 7.5K 6* shards. Only then I would be interested in going through that "pain". Since I don't think that this amount of rewards is going to be offered to me on a monthly basis, cavalier should stay like this.

Uhh quite a few people that have commented have explored Act 6 and some of us have explore both it and Abyss as well
    To be fair, if anyone has completed Act 6 100% in its current iteration, or Abyss, they're not likely going to be challenged by a Side Quest.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    If cavalier difficulty is as easy as canadian difficulty with bigger rewards then it's the end of the game. It will be broken. Players will get huge rewards with absolutely no effort. Then Kabam will have to release resources to rank 4 6* sooner than they want too.

It's a nightmare.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    As long as kabam in the future remembers to never combine debuff immune champs or debuff immunity with diss track and buff immunity or buffet with buffed up then overall it's not too bad.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★

Agree that it was a decent level of difficulty for someone who has completed cavalier. The number of ambushes tho sucked, and I wasted hours needing to restart if I messed up a fight or got an ambush. But I liked this a lot better than needing to pay “tokens” and energy without even knowing the champs or nodes you’re facing.

That said, the bug on the last fight sucked. And ruined overall good experience. Plus some of these beefy fights like dormamu that degen you over time sucked. Especially if you have to bring in champs that degen them. It’s a guaranteed revive unless you have 15k pi champs...

I am newly cavalier (about 4 months maybe 5 at most) so I'm not quite what would be considered an end game player.. But when I'm not working on story I can fully explore uncollected eq usually only using a few revives and I understand that not every difficulty is for every player and I like that they are trying out new nodes and node combos but I believe that "difficulty" should not be completely determined by weather you have ranked up an exact counter for said node... As said before every "difficulty" isnt for every player but I do believe that pretty much any champ should be able to tackle every node aespecially if they intend to lower the rewards for uncollected when they do add cavalier like they said in the state of the contest video a few months back...and I feel that having conditions like must have 3 buffs to deal damage is a bit unfair and not really considered to be added difficulty but more of just a roadblock to hurt those with less devoloped rosters. Now not only do we have to counter champ weaknesses but we will now have to rank up champs to combat a specific node that we dont know will ever be seen past that month as well
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

Agree that it was a decent level of difficulty for someone who has completed cavalier. The number of ambushes tho sucked, and I wasted hours needing to restart if I messed up a fight or got an ambush. But I liked this a lot better than needing to pay “tokens” and energy without even knowing the champs or nodes you’re facing.

That said, the bug on the last fight sucked. And ruined overall good experience. Plus some of these beefy fights like dormamu that degen you over time sucked. Especially if you have to bring in champs that degen them. It’s a guaranteed revive unless you have 15k pi champs...

I feel that having conditions like must have 3 buffs to deal damage is a bit unfair and not really considered to be added difficulty but more of just a roadblock to hurt those with less devoloped rosters. Now not only do we have to counter champ weaknesses but we will now have to rank up champs to combat a specific node that we dont know will ever be seen past that month as well
    Cavalier should test the player's roster as well as their skill. I'm not advocating for nodes with counters that you could count on one hand, but more restrictive ones, so that players with a less-developed roster could get through.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    I disagree because it is not difficult. I wasn’t even close to using a revive once and I haven’t fully explored 6.3 and 6.4. People were complaining about disstrack and buffet when champs like void and cap exist. Even the path suggest what class you should bring by the amount of mystics there. If reading the node is the first challenging step then it’s obviously not up to par.

Even the Sasquatch ambush wasn’t hard. Zero nodes and breakthrough. Just do many hits and by the time he is regenerating, you’d be outdamaging it.
    edited July 2020
    Urkel2 said:

Hey ..and I feel that having conditions like must have 3 buffs to deal damage is a bit unfair and not really considered to be added difficulty but more of just a roadblock to hurt those with less devoloped rosters
    Buffed up and disstrack are such soft roadblocks that if you don’t have champions that already do that then you shouldn’t be near the cavalier.

3 buffs? Just look at the cosmic class - Angela, medusa, Hyperion, the champion, annihilus, CMM.
    Even colossus that has been in the game for the longest has enough buffs for you to get through

Edit: Even 6.1.6 has buffed up. And it is a much more difficult experience because they added pilfer and prey on the weak to Sym supreme who staggers your buffs
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Daphboy said:

I can only assume that those saying the Sasquatch ambushes are too difficult have only JUST become cavalier OR have not gone beyond the champion in 6.2.6. 6.3 and beyond every opponent is around 50k PI AND they have nodes to deal with on top of it. This area of difficulty also encompasses those who have completed 6.2 and beyond and is intended to challenge them as well.
    Cavalier definitely has the widest gap between players when it comes to roster size and strength. Even the difference between completing 6.1-6.2 is MASSIVE. So if they made it a relatively easy for every cavalier to complete, their would be a larger group of people who could just walk through the content blindfolded.
    Personally I found the difficulty and time for the rewards very worthwhile. I would definitely be open to increased difficulty and rewards in future events.

They could actually make 1 path that was more along the lines of 6.1 level difficulty and the rest 6.2 area difficulty and that would work pretty well. That way people who are cavalier could at least get completion rewards..after all it is called cavalier difficulty not 2 chapters past cavalier difficulty. And chances are out of those who struggle with sasquatch half of them struggle because they dont have a champ to counter him ranked up yet. The other half just doesnt have enough items to throw at it..
    Urkel2 said:

Daphboy said:

I can only assume that those saying the Sasquatch ambushes are too difficult have only JUST become cavalier OR have not gone beyond the champion in 6.2.6. 6.3 and beyond every opponent is around 50k PI AND they have nodes to deal with on top of it. This area of difficulty also encompasses those who have completed 6.2 and beyond and is intended to challenge them as well.
    Cavalier definitely has the widest gap between players when it comes to roster size and strength. Even the difference between completing 6.1-6.2 is MASSIVE. So if they made it a relatively easy for every cavalier to complete, their would be a larger group of people who could just walk through the content blindfolded.
    Personally I found the difficulty and time for the rewards very worthwhile. I would definitely be open to increased difficulty and rewards in future events.

They could actually make 1 path that was more along the lines of 6.1 level difficulty and the rest 6.2 area difficulty and that would work pretty well. That way people who are cavalier could at least get completion rewards..after all it is called cavalier difficulty not 2 chapters past cavalier difficulty. And chances are out of those who struggle with sasquatch half of them struggle because they dont have a champ to counter him ranked up yet. The other half just doesnt have enough items to throw at it..
    They did make a path that’s along (actually below) the lines of 6.1. It’s the un-noded path
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    For people who are crying about side quest being too easy - did you fight for kabam to leave high difficulty in aw and aq? Like flow aw, so doom aq.
    Side quest should be doable by people who just became cavs. It's like it was with act 5 and uncollected. You get uncollected title, you grind monthly eq to explore act 5. Same should be here - get cav, grind cav difficulty, explore act 6.
  • 100100100100 Posts: 111
    I think they should add t1 alphas in lower difficulties
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    Aleor said:

For people who are crying about side quest being too easy - did you fight for kabam to leave high difficulty in aw and aq? Like flow aw, so doom aq.
    Side quest should be doable by people who just became cavs. It's like it was with act 5 and uncollected. You get uncollected title, you grind monthly eq to explore act 5. Same should be here - get cav, grind cav difficulty, explore act 6.

Agree.. All those who are crying have completed act 6.. You should ask for another abyss level quest.. The cavalier title is achieved by completing act 6.1 and the level should be in the line.. The difficulty was good for the rewards it is offering..
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

Daphboy said:

Shows how much you’ve payed attention to the dev diarys...
    It’s going to be designed with the intention that Completion will be tough but doable for new cavalier players.
    Exploration is supposed to be tough for those that have explored all of act 6.
    Aleor said:

When the first uncollected was released, some people had already explored act 5 within that same month. So it’s not like it was a requirement for you to grind uncollected EQ before doing act 5. People also complained about the uncollected difficulty then
    rdxevil said:

Aleor said:

Agree.. All those who are crying have completed act 6.. You should ask for another abyss level quest.. The cavalier title is achieved by completing act 6.1 and the level should be in the line.. The difficulty was good for the rewards it is offering..
    Canadian was so easy and I’m nowhere near exploring act 6 (even the Sasquatch ambush isnt much harder than epic Sasquatch because of the breakthrough node, about 20~ hits difference). I’ve also read the dev diary so I understand that if they get the difficulty of the future cavalier EQ how they want it, I shouldn’t be able to explore cavalier without putting in a lot of effort.
    I’m ok with that, it needs to challenge even those that have explored act 6, and the challenge will help me improve my skills and roster to help with exploring act 6 myself.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Yes I did.

Also UC EQ was actually quite difficult when it released originally. Plenty of people couldn't explore it and even more had to throw items at it
    edited July 2020

Aleor said:

Yes I did.

Also UC EQ was actually quite difficult when it released originally. Plenty of people couldn't explore it and even more had to throw items at it
    Yeah I couldn’t explore the first month because of modok and Ice Phoenix.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

Yes I did.

Yeah I couldn’t explore the first month because of modok and Ice Phoenix.
    I couldn't explore because of Ice Phoenix and Modok. Wasn't worth the revives at the time.
  • Blizzard28Blizzard28 Posts: 90
    I'd say it's pretty balanced... The only annoying thing are the lot of ambushes especially in last 2 weeks
  • TheOneToFearTheOneToFear Posts: 19
    It was hard, but you just need the right counters for the right paths. If not, you’re going to struggle. It could be way harder.