**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Destructive feedback electro

AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
When in phase he doesn't take damage, he still has his return damage working. Is it a bug? As your hit deals 0 damage, shouldn't there be 0 damage back from electro?

Comments

• Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    I believe that he deals a set amount of damage based on contact rather than a % of damage taken is reflected.

That’s why your taking damage as your making contact with him
  • Serious_786Serious_786 Posts: 99 ★★
    HI_guys said:

Can someone use Black widow and see if she can heal from destructive feedback? Because if electro is doing damage reflect she should be able to heal

No she is not healing. I tried
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah if Morningstar shouldn’t heal from 6.2 champion when he is indestructible than you shouldn’t take damage from electro
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

HI_guys said:

Can someone use Black widow and see if she can heal from destructive feedback? Because if electro is doing damage reflect she should be able to heal

Black widow classic? Why would she be able to regen?
    Black Widow Claire Voyant
    She regens, based on the damage dealt, at sp2 while she is at the bleed immune state 🙂
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

HI_guys said:

She regens, based on the damage dealt, at sp2 while she is at the bleed immune state 🙂
    Why would you use a mystic with contact attacks for electro?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

HI_guys said:

Why would you use a mystic with contact attacks for electro?
    he probably just wanted to see if it works both ways.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

You are dealing damage. It is just being stored until the timer runs out.

OGAvenger said:

It’s literally in the node description.

“All damage attempted by the Attacker, except a special 3, is stored until the timer runs out”

You are dealing damage to Electro. It is just being stored. However, since you are still doing damage you will receive damage back via Electro’s abilities. It is working as intended

Damage attempted and damage dealt are different things. If I attempt dealing damage and then block a hit, damage I deal is zero. You can't know beforehand if I deal any damage. And electro description states he deals damage back based on damage he takes. When I hit him, he takes ZERO damage. It could make sense, if he'd reflected damage when he takes it. But imo it would make a lot more scene to not reflect any damage taken by him when shield expires. On one hand - because of you play electro, you opponent don't suffer when you're taking damage from node like bane. In the other hand, it would make you use the node upside down from how your would want to use it vs other champs, i.e. hit him only when the shield is active, witch is kinda fun thing to do.

Personally, I easily solo him every time with Hyperion, but that behaviour seems inconsistent to me
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,104 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

“All damage attempted by the Attacker, except a special 3, is stored until the timer runs out”

You are dealing damage to Electro. It is just being stored. However, since you are still doing damage you will receive damage back via Electro’s abilities. It is working as intended

Damage attempted and damage dealt are different things. If I attempt dealing damage and then block a hit, damage I deal is zero. You can't know beforehand if I deal any damage. And electro description states he deals damage back based on damage he takes. When I hit him, he takes ZERO damage. It could make sense, if he'd reflected damage when he takes it. But imo it would make a lot more scene to not reflect any damage taken by him when shield expires. On one hand - because of you play electro, you opponent don't suffer when you're taking damage from node like bane. In the other hand, it would make you use the node upside down from how your would want to use it vs other champs, i.e. hit him only when the shield is active, witch is kinda fun thing to do.

Personally, I easily solo him every time with Hyperion, but that behaviour seems inconsistent to me
    The damage is “attempted” because it isn’t “dealt” until the timer expires. The damage is still there though. Again, it is just stored until the timer expires.
    OGAvenger said:

Aleor said:

OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

The damage is “attempted” because it isn’t “dealt” until the timer expires. The damage is still there though. Again, it is just stored until the timer expires.
    As I said, you hitting him doesn't mean you deal damage. Also as noted above, then bwcv should heal using her sp2 - she doesn't. Just checked myself. Very inconsistent.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    This situation is Morning Star damage dealt 2.0
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

you did do damage, it is just stored and directed at the proper person, and you are still doing damage with a contact attack
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    OGAvenger said:

You are right. but there was a contradictory statement made by Kabam Miike when this issue was brought up earlier. Someone had said that class power boost still give power whilst the destructive feedback shield was active and Kabam Miike said this is a bug. So from that statement it means that electro should not be dealing thorns damage.
    gohard123 said:

OGAvenger said:

You are right. but there was a contradictory statement made by Kabam Miike when this issue was brought up earlier. Someone had said that class power boost still give power whilst the destructive feedback shield was active and Kabam Miike said this is a bug. So from that statement it means that electro should not be dealing thorns damage.
    Not really contradictory. The power posts are based on the percentage of damage you take off the opponent with the attack, not based on the actual damage done. Dorky has a video on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/7eddef/power_boosts_are_they_even_useful/
    tafre said:

A few months ago, Morningstar and BWCV were nerfed for the final 10% of the 6.2.6 Champion fight. The nerf was that in the indestructible 10% phase, since they are actually not dealing damage on the health on the defender, they should not be healing from their respective abilities. The main argument was that you were not dealing any damage there hence you should not be stealing any health. While I agree with this argument, until they "fixed" how the indestructible effects performed, their argument was false, they just did not want to admit that indestructible functioned completely different than how they said it worked (after that I got banned and they "fixed" the interaction).

Then since Electro deals damage based on the damage he takes and there is no change on his health bar because you are not dealing damage in the conventional way, another way of saying that you deal 0 damage on your regular hits, why should the attacker be taking damage for not dealing any damage on Electro? It is another one of those classic hypocrisy cases unfortunately...

because electro does not say you have to deal damage to him, just based on the damage dealt, and destructive does not reduce all damage to 0, it just stores it. In the case of the champion no damage was dealt.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    It's inconsistent game design. Kabam never thinks about what they are making. They make it and then say, "this is not what we were trying to do".
    HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

tafre said:

A few months ago, Morningstar and BWCV were nerfed for the final 10% of the 6.2.6 Champion fight. The nerf was that in the indestructible 10% phase, since they are actually not dealing damage on the health on the defender, they should not be healing from their respective abilities. The main argument was that you were not dealing any damage there hence you should not be stealing any health. While I agree with this argument, until they "fixed" how the indestructible effects performed, their argument was false, they just did not want to admit that indestructible functioned completely different than how they said it worked (after that I got banned and they "fixed" the interaction).

Then since Electro deals damage based on the damage he takes and there is no change on his health bar because you are not dealing damage in the conventional way, another way of saying that you deal 0 damage on your regular hits, why should the attacker be taking damage for not dealing any damage on Electro? It is another one of those classic hypocrisy cases unfortunately...

because electro does not say you have to deal damage to him, just based on the damage dealt, and destructive does not reduce all damage to 0, it just stores it. In the case of the champion no damage was dealt.
    Actually, electro says damage inflicted. Here 0 damage is being inflicted on electro
    Yes, and damage is inflicted to the shield.. It does not say damage inflicted on electro. You in no way countered my point.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

OGAvenger said:

Not really contradictory. The power posts are based on the percentage of damage you take off the opponent with the attack, not based on the actual damage done. Dorky has a video on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/7eddef/power_boosts_are_they_even_useful/
    I know how power boosts work. It is contradictory since no percentage health is taken off and there is power being returned to the opponent based on what damage would have been done. If it is a bugged (power boosts) then electro should not be reflecting damage. If it is working as intended then Kabam Miike is wrong.
    gohard123 said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

OGAvenger said:

I know how power boosts work. It is contradictory since no percentage health is taken off and there is power being returned to the opponent based on what damage would have been done. If it is a bugged (power boosts) then electro should not be reflecting damage. If it is working as intended then Kabam Miike is wrong.
    Incorrect. 2 different actions.

Power boots are work off percentage done to the opponent, if it does not remove any health than power boosts should not work.

The static charge does not require any health to be removed, just damage to be inflicted. Damage is inflicted to the shield, so it meets the damage inflicted requirement.
    Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

OGAvenger said:

Power boots are work off percentage done to the opponent, if it does not remove any health than power boosts should not work.

The static charge does not require any health to be removed, just damage to be inflicted. Damage is inflicted to the shield, so it meets the damage inflicted requirement.
    What is damage inflicted to the shield? You deal damage to champion. But if you want to go there, that shield doesn't have any abilities to deal back damage from your hits until you get touched. Also then that shield take damage back from electro, when timer expires and that shield inflicts damage to electro. Your concept of that shield taking damage seems like a sceneless justification of how it works atm to me.
    Btw, there's one more thing about the node I find strange - champs like mordo, dark hawk or probably Canada man, who have block animations of some energy shield, don't really make contact when they block hits. They block it with their shields, therefore no direct contact is made, so shouldn't they ignore the node unless get hit with contact attack?
    Aleor said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

OGAvenger said:

What is damage inflicted to the shield? You deal damage to champion. But if you want to go there, that shield doesn't have any abilities to deal back damage from your hits until you get touched. Also then that shield take damage back from electro, when timer expires and that shield inflicts damage to electro. Your concept of that shield taking damage seems like a sceneless justification of how it works atm to me.
    What does a shield haveing no abilities on its own have to do with anything? Node abilities augment a champion, it becomes one of their abilities, it does not sit out there in the abyss by itself.... Also when the shield does the damage it is not coming from the champion, it is coming from the ability itself, this is why you dont get any power from hitting them.

Hey what can I say you dont seem to understand how the game works so I can see how you would think that.