**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Need a definitive answer from Kabam before next AQ series

ForumName123ForumName123 Posts: 522 ★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
I know multiple summoners facing a dilemma upon the completion of the AQ series today including my alt. I have plans to make an alliance switch to join a higher ranking AQ alliance as im sure many other summoners might be doing as well. I realized that if people make the jump today and by chance Kabam decides to cancel the remainder of the AW season, we will miss out completely on AW season rewards.

This puts those who have intentions of making an alliance change in an awkward position until we can get a definitive answer from top brass. Can we please get a resolution and game plan prior to Wednesday morning? Those who have intentions of switching alliances can confirm they will be able to get in the 2 wars needed to qualify for season rewards and still honor the commitment made to join the new alliance without being held hostage by any indecision.

Thanks in advance.... @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    With all the recent issues, would you really trust them if they said all is good? They thought restarting AQ after the first screw up was fine, that didn't work as stated! To me, it's too risky to think about leaving before the last 3 wars, because even if they say it's good, another bug could pop up as we've seen in there past many times. Safest bet is to wait out the season. That way, you can still have a full AQ set in before war is scheduled to end, making a transition easy.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    The season ends in 9 days. The cancelled the last 2 wars and they wont have the one that would be placement for today. As it stands right now, you have to participate in 3 wars before seasons end. There are only 3 wars left. They don't have plans to cancel the AW season as long as the issues are fixed. There isn't a 100% to know until matchmaking goes live again.or if the can confirm but I don't think they know yet.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    They haven't decided that themselves yet. They're going to look at that this week.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

How do you get a "definitive answer" to something that in itself is not definitive? In any other season you would not be making a jump right now because you could not get the 5 wars in, jumping in the middle of massive server issues just because they lowered the requirement down to 2 wars is really risking a lot. You only have these intentions because of the uncertainty, asking for certainty with it seems like a lot.

That is asking a lot. They dont know what is going to happen next week. If the servers jack up again they will cancel the season, if they are fine they will continue. There is no timely response or clarity they can give you because until they turn back on wars and see how it behaves they have no idea themselves. They may think they have the issue fixed and find they were wrong, so a definitive answer cannot be made.

Lormif said:

How do you get a "definitive answer" to something that in itself is not definitive? In any other season you would not be making a jump right now because you could not get the 5 wars in, jumping in the middle of massive server issues just because they lowered the requirement down to 2 wars is really risking a lot. You only have these intentions because of the uncertainty, asking for certainty with it seems like a lot.

That is asking a lot. They dont know what is going to happen next week. If the servers jack up again they will cancel the season, if they are fine they will continue. There is no timely response or clarity they can give you because until they turn back on wars and see how it behaves they have no idea themselves. They may think they have the issue fixed and find they were wrong, so a definitive answer cannot be made.
    Ever hear of an executive decision? One not influenced by potential outcomes? They could easily make a choice based off what has already transpired. That would be a definitive decision making instance.

Ever heard of terrible mistakes? There is no reason for them to make an executive decision right now, generally speaking making an executive decision without all the data is bad, and if anything bad happened they would have vastly more people upset at them if they decided to stick with the 2 war rule over having fair wars.

• SpiralSpiral Posts: 84
    they deleted the thread discussing opinions on ending the war season for some reason. i guess they still gotta get a few wars in for people who buy all the big boosts.

Lormif said:

I know multiple summoners facing a dilemma upon the completion of the AQ series today including my alt. I have plans to make an alliance switch to join a higher ranking AQ alliance as im sure many other summoners might be doing as well. I realized that if people make the jump today and by chance Kabam decides to cancel the remainder of the AW season, we will miss out completely on AW season rewards.

This puts those who have intentions of making an alliance change in an awkward position until we can get a definitive answer from top brass. Can we please get a resolution and game plan prior to Wednesday morning? Those who have intentions of switching alliances can confirm they will be able to get in the 2 wars needed to qualify for season rewards and still honor the commitment made to join the new alliance without being held hostage by any indecision.

Thanks in advance.... @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Yea just ignore everything being said because reasons. Canceling the season at this point is not a massive decision, it is an easy, if the servers are acting up you cancel. It is better to cancel than have half the game not be able to match or play, and must be done on a case by case basis, therefore is a big ask. But keep thinking they are going to do something that gives them no benefit and has a massive downside so that you can do something you would have never done in any other situation other than the massive server outages.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I mean....there's nothing more constructive to be said. They don't know, so we don't know. If they decide, then they will let us know. Nothing more can be done at this point.