**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unpopular Opinion thread

Comments

• FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Werewrym said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Werewrym said:

Sentinel is better than Warlock.

Not unpopular, just wrong lol. In v3, the buff definitely helps Sentinel, but everywhere else? Curious what arguments you have to support your opinion.
    It is in fact unpopular hence your reaction... I have a r3 6* Sentinel and use him in every game mode. I used him throughout act 6, he destroys in stubborn wars and on day 5 of AQ map 6 I was killing champs in 12 hits or less (150k health or so). I have plenty of evidence to back my claims but most people don’t want to hear/see it.

The big problem is that people watch so many videos on how warlock is the best tech/robot but never try out other champs for themselves (not accusing you of this).
    Problem is that sentinel has no consistent healblock. Perhaps his damage armor and crit resistance is absurd. Again. Sentinel might have higher damage but Warlock truly has higher potential and utility in this game. Warlock has aar reduction for infection. Warlock's healblock is also his biggest part of his kit. Shuts down so many painful regeneration and power gain nodes. Sentinel can't reliably healblock and has no power drain

However, take this opinion with a grain of salt. I love sentinel's animations and would take him to r4 in a heartbeat if I got him.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Werewrym said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Werewrym said:

Sentinel is better than Warlock.

Not unpopular, just wrong lol. In v3, the buff definitely helps Sentinel, but everywhere else? Curious what arguments you have to support your opinion.
    It is in fact unpopular hence your reaction... I have a r3 6* Sentinel and use him in every game mode. I used him throughout act 6, he destroys in stubborn wars and on day 5 of AQ map 6 I was killing champs in 12 hits or less (150k health or so). I have plenty of evidence to back my claims but most people don’t want to hear/see it.

The big problem is that people watch so many videos on how warlock is the best tech/robot but never try out other champs for themselves (not accusing you of this).

Idk, I don't find Sentinel to be much better in terms of damage output. The biggest pro for Warlock imo is that his heal block is passive. That's a huge advantage. And then when the opponent starts to regen they instesd get dealt a power drain. I have both and use both, but I can't say I agree with you. Which is great. That's why we're all here, right?
    I will fully admit that Sentinel is an acquired taste, but I do think he is better than Warlock. I know it's an unpopular opinion which is why I mentioned it here. Maybe I should record some footage sometime showing him off. Perhaps that is an easier way to demonstrate why I like him so much.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Sentinel isn't warlock level, he's competing vs darkhawk for the 4th best tech spot(ghost, warlock, guilly are top 3, guardian is #5)
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    GR and Blade are awesome. I still use them in AQ and sometimes in AW and I have completed act 6.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Sentinel isn't warlock level, he's competing vs darkhawk for the 4th best tech spot(ghost, warlock, guilly are top 3, guardian is #5)

Since when has darkhawk been a contender for spot number 4?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Where is Spider-Man SE and Star Lord? Below all those six?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Darkhawk is possibly the most suicide friendly champ out there (double immunity, and potential complete mitigation of recoil). That matters a lot to some people. If I had to guess, that's where it comes from.
    Being suicide friendly benefits him and I can see the value of being able to heal away recoil. Don't think it's enough to elevate him that high though
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    I just took my 6* unduped sentinel to r2. My first ever r2. I have 3 r5 5*. And I only discovered his regen last week.

I chose sentinel over:
    Void
    Torch
    Domino
    Namor
    Killmonger
    A bunch of other champs I’ve forgotten about
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Also, Mercy is a perfectly fine node (not combined with Aspect of War).

What is mercy?
    Anyone?
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    @Kill_Grey4112 i believe it’s one of the new map 7 mods I could be wrong though I don’t do map 7 anymore
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

Ghost Rider isn't actually incinerate immune even outside the game.

Yeah, you're gonna have to show some proof of that for saying such a bold claim.
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    I’ve thought that Sabretooth was the best mutant (especially with synergies) in the game

Granted, I am biased as he is my favorite Marvel Comics character
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

darkhawk has high damage, double immunities, regen, decent utility, he's one of the only champs in the game that can completely bypass nicks second phase...