**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Void vs Cap CW

Hello,
I'm new to the game & nd advice on how to r5 as first 4* science champ and awaken with a science gem (only hv 24 sig stones to put in the player). I'm still completing last chapter in Act 4 & looking at starting Act 5 (my best champs are 4* r5 r Dr. Doom, Claire V, Namor, Aarkus & Domino).

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Both need a high sig to get the most out of their awakening but I’d go cap iw since he’s already amazing without the awakening
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    With cap to deal real damage you want to parry-heavy every fight. With void you just play as usual. Also void benefits from high sig, but doesn't need it, he's pretty good at sig 1 already. Cap can shrug off debuffs and break armour with synergies, but I'd prefer to bring some other champ with void.
  • Options
    zomgbbqzomgbbq Posts: 15
    I would go void if i were u, he can do what he does at sig 20 and for buffet and sort of bits in act5 u will find him extremely useful
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    I’d go Void.

To me what Cap does he does good enough unawakened. Unless you can max his sig that utility will be non existent.

But Void only needs to be awakened. High sig is recommended but not “needed” to have the utility.
  • Options
    Lousher21Lousher21 Posts: 4
    Thank you all for the feedback, much appreciated!
  • Options
    raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 520 ★★★
    @Omnix is right. I was confused too between Void and CAIW couple of minhs ago. Someone told me to go with with and trust me that was the best thing. CAIW works best if it's for high sig level. Void needs to just awaken the skills to reverse heals, power gains and stuff
  • Options
    SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    walkerdog said:

Both need a high sig to get the most out of their awakening but I’d go cap iw since he’s already amazing without the awakening

This is half-way correct, in a bad way. CAIW needs high/max sig to be reliable. Otherwise you're not getting 100% chance. Void can use higher to apply debuffs faster and do more damage, but he gets a 100% success rate either way. With 24 sig stones, void is a MUCH better choice for awakening. CAIW can still hit hard unawakened.
    Yeah someone made it pretty clear it was wrong
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    This is true for where you are at right away but you're going to get more signature stones and Cap has more uses and value once you put those stones in. It's an investment but it won't take you that long for it to pay off. So no disagreement if you are making the decision for who can do most right upon awakening but I'd take CAIW and build him up over time personally.
  • Options
    LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    I have both and both are AMAZING. I find that Void tends to handle a ton of tough fights simply through degen and spamming the 1. He's my go to for Canadian saqsquatch ambushes for sure. You can also launch that sp1 on a block and you should still have time to block if they counter. Saves me all the time.

Cap is also really awesome since he shrugs off a lot, and can deal crazy damage. He also hits like a truck and blocks perfectly. Take away his stun for stun immune champs and he's a bit less effective but still a beast.

I dont think you need to use your gem on either. But its so nice having those duped silver stars on your fresh new champ :)
  • Options
    dononedonone Posts: 47
    I don't have cap but have a r2 6*void. He is so good for all the crazy nodes and Regen bosses the game is introducing now.