**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Power to Cower Combo Reset Causes Combo Party Direct Damage

DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
I just experienced a bug with the ‘Power to Cower’ modifier while playing Map 7 in AQ. Specifically, I was on the Combo Party/Counter Tactics path in section 2 (8/H).

Power to Cower resets your combo on sp3, to reset the node’s power effects. Combo Party, however, causes you to take a ton of damage for doing so if you lose your combo, and it’s made significantly worse by the Counter Tactics node, which increases attack.

The node description states “When struck, the attacker loses all cruelty buffs...etc” and this is what triggers the damage. I launched an Sp3 with Hyperion and that reset the combo due to the Power to Cower modifier, but I did NOT get struck. However, Hyperion instantly died after the sp3 from direct damage due to this node.

Please fix this bug so that we can play this path as intended, as currently there is no way to reset the modifier on Combo Party nodes (without taking huge damage).

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,732 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    It may be a poor combination of nodes, but its working as intended here. The node deals direct damage if you lose the combo meter, based on the amount of cruelty buffs your champions has
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

It may be a poor combination of nodes, but its working as intended here. The node deals direct damage if you lose the combo meter, based on the amount of cruelty buffs your champions has

That's not supposed to be how it has to work. Saw another thread where the same thing is happening on prove yourself. Basically the node is making it such that you always ha e power to Cower on. There's no point of giving you the option to shut it down and reset it then.
    As I mentioned earlier, is how the node is described to work. Taking a hit is not the trigger. Getting the combo lost is
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    This is definitely an overlooked design point, it also resets prove yourself
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★

As I mentioned earlier, is how the node is described to work. Taking a hit is not the trigger. Getting the combo lost is

Did you even read the description? The node explicitly states "when struck" causing you to lose combo. Activating the sp3 causes you to lose the combo meter without being struck, and therefore the damage shouldn't apply.

You're confident but you're wrong.
    DannyB01 said:

Did you even read the description? The node explicitly states "when struck" causing you to lose combo. Activating the sp3 causes you to lose the combo meter without being struck, and therefore the damage shouldn't apply.

You're confident but you're wrong.
    I read both descriptions before commenting in the first place. Again, the trigger is the combo being lost, not taking a hit.
    It's a poor combination of nodes and isn't likely intended to be kept that way. But it's working as intended here, so you're wrong on this one
    So, I've just tested it myself, on the 6.1.2 quest where there is a Combo Party global node.

Used Proxima Midnight with the Thor synergy, to get combo shield. I got hit when I had the cruelty buff. The result, I didn't got my combo meter reset, didn't lost the cruelty buff and didn't take any damage.

Then I used Squirrel Girl, which consumes her combo, actually being able to go back to 0 without being hit. So I got the cruelty buff, and used an heavy attack tolose my combo. The result, I lost the cruelty buff and took damage from the node, without being hit at all.

So the trigger it getting the combo lost, despite how the node is described to work (which isn't really that misleading).
    I'll attach an image of Squirrel Girl getting damaged from the node without getting struck.

The only fix here would be the description, to make it more clear about how it works.
    But as for the mechanics itself, It's working as intended
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

The only fix here would be the description, to make it more clear about how it works.

They could also fix it so the description is correct. Combo party is a node older than the effects that cause you to lose your combo without taking a hit, it is fair to think this was over looked because getting hit was the only way to lose a combo
    Lormif said:

They could also fix it so the description is correct. Combo party is a node older than the effects that cause you to lose your combo without taking a hit, it is fair to think this was over looked because getting hit was the only way to lose a combo
    That's exactly what I think happened. I don't know why this guy is so adamant it's working as intended lol
    Lvernon15 said:

This is definitely an overlooked design point, it also resets prove yourself

I'd not realised that's the case, that's a really good flag. If that's true then it's definitely an issue with the modifier that needs correcting for older nodes.
  • So DDHK is the counter....