**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What about those who cant participate in showdown

Players all over the world really wanna participate in this thing and i get that you guys can't do this thing World wide but atleast do smthn good for us
P.S we are waiting for compensation
keep up the good work guys

Comments

• HumpeldumpHumpeldump Posts: 8
    I saw that but I cannot see how that should stop Kabam giving the title or rewards ingame to any summoner no matter where they live.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I saw that but I cannot see how that should stop Kabam giving the title or rewards ingame to any summoner no matter where they live.

Because there are physical items that need to be shipped.
    And there are 54 countries in Africa.. kind of hard to believe it's difficult to ship to them all..
    It's more expensive, especially import costs which would have to be covered by either Kabam (which is what the player base would want to happen) or by the players receiving those items (which most players would not want to spend a huge amount of money on to receive).

Shipping anything worldwide is not as simple as you'd think, especially when a massive corporation isn't behind the shipping. It would be a loss for either Kabam or the player in particular, which Kabam wouldn't want to deal with.
    Yea.. I could see shipping costs being prohibitive.. however.. that was not the reason specified..
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Its not the point. You can include all summoners but give ingame rewards instead. No need to ship a 6* or any other rank items

The point is that Kabam has to ship other items that you need to record yourself with. They're not going to pay an excessive amount of shipping to countries that charge an extortionate amount for import and shipping fees. It's not about the rewards, it's about what they NEED to send you for the competition as well.

(needed to edit this pretty badly after rereading.)
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Gildenlow said:

I'm from perú and I don't really what would be the difference with chile or colombia which are actually elegible for participation.

Different competition laws. Contact your government and ask them to change them if you're not happy.
    Not that i'm not happy exactly, I'm not that good anyway xD

Just wondering, but I will call them as you so madly suggest.
    Gildenlow said:

ItsDamien said:

Gildenlow said:

I'm from perú and I don't really what would be the difference with chile or colombia which are actually elegible for participation.

Different competition laws. Contact your government and ask them to change them if you're not happy.
    Not that i'm not happy exactly, I'm not that good anyway xD

Just wondering, but I will call them as you so madly suggest.
    Who knows, you might make a change in your country for the better. That'd be much cooler than competing for virtual items in a mobile game.
  • ShibbyMcDudeShibbyMcDude Posts: 33
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Its not the point. You can include all summoners but give ingame rewards instead. No need to ship a 6* or any other rank items

The point is that Kabam has to ship other items that you need to record yourself with. They're not going to pay an excessive amount of shipping to countries that charge an extortionate amount for import and shipping fees. It's not about the rewards, it's about what they NEED to send you for the competition as well.

(needed to edit this pretty badly after rereading.)
    I do understand your point. But when a company makes over 80.000 dollars each day, and millions of dollars on July 4th, shipping costs of a maximum
    Of 3 streaming sets can’t be the issue. It will cost them around 4.000 - 5.000 dollars. This is 5-6% if their daily revenue.

It shouldn’t be a problem but I see that Kabam states it as a problem.
    Yes. And that 5000 - 6000 is then forwarded to the recipient in the form of import costs. When shipping anything internationally, there are the shipping fees from the side sending the goods, and the import fees from the side receiving the goods. In some places you can circumvent that cost, but in a lot of countries they will not allow the import fees to be wavered. So unless you would be willing to spend out a mass amount of money to receive any particular item then you can start to see where issues arrive.

It's not just the cost on Kabams end. It's the cost those receiving would also have to pay. Its complicated and unnecessary for both Kabam, and the players.

Very insightful, thanks :)!
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hey folks!

We are absolutely thrilled to see so much interest in our event! For now, we apologise for any inconvenience but PLEASE know that your feedback has been duly noted!

For additional information, please check out our forum post on the event: https://playcontestofchampions.com/about-summoner-showdown-2020-and-faq/

Cheerio!

AHH!!! You scared me there.
  • Ezekiel2517Ezekiel2517 Posts: 21
    This blá-blá-blá about fees and etc sounds like an excuse. I live in a country that has abusive import fees, and I can still buy collectibles from Rockstar, 2k (Bioshock), etc. Kabam will not ship millions of items to multiple players.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Alot of what is being shipped is the equipment to record yourself just like a youtuber. they're essentially giving you a home studio. It's worth minimum of 4 to 5k US dollars.
  • GenidiaminGenidiamin Posts: 105
    What exactly are the competition and shipping laws that Have led to the exclusion of several countries including all African nations?

I think you have to be more transparent to the community and players from countries that are excluded from the showdown...

Opening the show up to all countries does not translate to a fair process since countries allowed to participate in the showdown are also able to participate in the show up
    They are doing something else. There's an event along side the Showdown which people can get shards and gold from. Read the full information available first.