**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Yesterday, Today and The Future

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,659 ★★★★★

Just for records purpose since the threads were posted in the General Discussion section.

This is where it all began. May 7
General Game Feedback

May23
Short Term Roadmap

June 17
Prelude

June 24
The Future Of Quests

June 25
A Delay

June 30
Amping Up Alliances

July 2
Champions Of The Contest

July 4 [Edited July 7]
A Contest Evolved

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Crazy to see how fast it has changed, and for the good of the contest.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I remember that day. I had just woke up, opened youtube, and saw that video. Seatin had left omni. I was honestly confused. Didn't know what was wrong and why people were unhappy. Eventually, after reading a bunch of posts, I started understanding. Then came the whale "boycotts". After that, they released the roadmaps and now we are here, slightly better, but still lots of things that need changing
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★
    Nothing On Time 😣
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,485 ★★★★★
    If this has been answered elsewhere, please forgive me—but are the stability issues an outgrowth of all the work being done on the game? Or are they an entirely separate issue?

Will they impact the ability of the team to implement the roadmap schedule as described to the community?

I’ve been mostly away from game and forums for the past few weeks—to my perspective, little has changed but I may just be missing it all.

Dr. Zola
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Did @winterthur ever check back on this post?

DrZola said:

If this has been answered elsewhere, please forgive me—but are the stability issues an outgrowth of all the work being done on the game? Or are they an entirely separate issue?

Will they impact the ability of the team to implement the roadmap schedule as described to the community?

I’ve been mostly away from game and forums for the past few weeks—to my perspective, little has changed but I may just be missing it all.

Dr. Zola

Completely Separate, and they shouldn't have any impact on our work going forward. But, remember, those roadmaps that we delivered were Long Term and not things that will be implemented right away.
    That’s useful information and what I would have surmised, but it is nice to have official clarification—thank you.

As for the roadmap, there’s always going to be some letdown after a series of big announcements, but I trust you get the same sense I and others do that there’s a bit of listlessness in game right now. I think we all hope Wednesday infuses a bit of energy back into the game.

Dr. Zola
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Completely Separate, and they shouldn't have any impact on our work going forward. But, remember, those roadmaps that we delivered were Long Term and not things that will be implemented right away.
    I won't lie. The roadmaps got me excited. However, with no little to no timelines, no quick implementation of anything announced, and most importantly, the changes to AQ and AW which are not enjoyable at all, I have lost that excitement.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Ahhh I see a lot of singular disagrees on a lot of posts in this thread, seems that somebody is up to their old tricks again
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,659 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    @DrZola said:

Thank you @winterthur...all this leads me to ask: where are we, exactly?
    Dr. Zola

I supposed you have read this. Status on where the game was at.

Nov 6
    The Fall Check-In

Yes, I do, so updating now. :)

Jan 25, 2021
    Updates to the Cavalier difficulty

@DrZola said:

Thank you @winterthur...all this leads me to ask: where are we, exactly?
    Dr. Zola

I supposed you have read this. Status on where the game was at.

Nov 6
    The Fall Check-In

Yes, I do, so updating now. :)

Jan 25, 2021
    Updates to the Cavalier difficulty
    Nice work, keeping all this current.

It’s easy to lose track of everything that has been adjusted or added. But there has been a concerted, steady effort to improve the game. That’s something we should all appreciate.

The one recurring complaint I tend to hear a lot centers on repetitiveness. I’ve tried to get a firm grip on it, but it’s elusive: sometimes it’s about EQ, sometimes AQ or AW or special events. Sometimes it’s about ranking up a new rarity of the same champ. Sometimes it’s just griping.

Ultimately, I’m not sure there’s any easy solution. Nearly all games involve a little grindiness—I understand, though, because I get exhausted by it myself.

One area that’s specifically improved is the feeling of futility when pulling a bad champ. It isn’t perfect and there’s lots of work to be done, but it is reassuring seeing clunkers get a little better, maybe even useful in some cases. This month will offer four more data points.

So...I suppose the grade is something like “looking better, but still incomplete.” Which is far better than where we were about a year ago.

Dr. Zola
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,659 ★★★★★
    May 7 2021
    Spring Into Summer 2021

Unannounced new game items
    1/ Apr 24

2/ May 14
    Thronebreaker arena crystals