**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Showdown?

124»

Comments

• Jai6776Jai6776 Posts: 2
    Why India isn’t included in the list, It’s not at all acceptable
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★

That's why I said tell YOUR government. Whatever your country is, has a government that makes the laws. Kabam is just abiding by them. Saying it's unfair to Kabam is useless.

Since u seem such a knowlegable person and is so sure that kabam is right here.... Can u please tell me what laws are stopping kabam from letting summoners from particular countries not participate.
    For your information, my country only prohibits gambling games where actual money is used. Also Pubg organizes such competition every year in my country.
    Shipping is very difficult and PUBG is entirely a different story
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    Wow. Is it my luck, or did my family just move to UK from India two weeks ago? PERMANENTLY. Timing is perfect for me!
    Raganator said:

I mean, I guess Kabam could violate applicable laws and then have the game shut down in those countries. Is that a viable alternative for those complaining?

What about China? They are still qualified

That's why I said tell YOUR government. Whatever your country is, has a government that makes the laws. Kabam is just abiding by them. Saying it's unfair to Kabam is useless.

Since u seem such a knowlegable person and is so sure that kabam is right here.... Can u please tell me what laws are stopping kabam from letting summoners from particular countries not participate.
    For your information, my country only prohibits gambling games where actual money is used. Also Pubg organizes such competition every year in my country.
    Then Go Play PubG instead; it's not KABAM's fault for FOLLOWING RULES. Also, it's their game
  • MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    Switzerland was left out too. Cool. cool cool cool.

I agree with DNA3000. The amount of countries that didn't make the list is very big. With close to 200 countries in the world with different laws & regulations, seems likely there might have been limitations on Kabam side for how wide they can extend the competition on time with the proper paperwork. I would refrain from putting the blame in the excluded countries alone for being left out of the competition. But hey, that's only an opinion.

Either way, looks like a great effort from Kabam. Good luck to all summoners living in one of the blessed countries

DNA3000 said:

Your country may have laws that make it impossible for Kabam to open the contest to your area, but it is also possible your country has laws that just make it difficult and Kabam wasn't able to comply for this contest, and it is also possible your country has no laws that would prevent such contests but Kabam did not have sufficient time to vet them.

The list is very obviously not everyone minus a few countries, so it isn't just question of disqualifying a few. It seems to be more a case of limiting it only to places where Kabam's legal team has properly vetted and complied with the regional requirements. You can't assume it is safe to do so just because another company does it. They could be doing compliance things in the background you can't see, or they could also be doing it illegally but they don't realize it. "They did it first" is not a legal defense.

Yeah it looks a valid reason that kabam might not have enough time to do the leagal procedures. Their legal team might not be big enough to reach every country.
    And I am almost sure that pubg does not hold them illegally because they advertise about it on various platforms of social media and newspaper and they have done it many times.
    PUBG IS NOT MCOC!
    Mord said:

Switzerland was left out too. Cool. cool cool cool.

I agree with DNA3000. The amount of countries that didn't make the list is very big. With close to 200 countries in the world with different laws & regulations, seems likely there might have been limitations on Kabam side for how wide they can extend the competition on time with the proper paperwork. I would refrain from putting the blame in the excluded countries alone for being left out of the competition. But hey, that's only an opinion.

Either way, looks like a great effort from Kabam. Good luck to all summoners living in one of the blessed countries

That's The Spirit! Kalm, as the meme man says
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

So, it seems that this will be a "spend a ton of units to unlock suicides if you want to have a shot" type of event. I could be wrong, but . . . *shrug*

My strong suspicion is that the people capable of winning have suicides unlocked already... This will be a "spend a ton of units to unlock suicides if you are delusional" type of event, however.

DNA3000 said:

Your country may have laws that make it impossible for Kabam to open the contest to your area, but it is also possible your country has laws that just make it difficult and Kabam wasn't able to comply for this contest, and it is also possible your country has no laws that would prevent such contests but Kabam did not have sufficient time to vet them.

The list is very obviously not everyone minus a few countries, so it isn't just question of disqualifying a few. It seems to be more a case of limiting it only to places where Kabam's legal team has properly vetted and complied with the regional requirements. You can't assume it is safe to do so just because another company does it. They could be doing compliance things in the background you can't see, or they could also be doing it illegally but they don't realize it. "They did it first" is not a legal defense.

Yeah it looks a valid reason that kabam might not have enough time to do the leagal procedures. Their legal team might not be big enough to reach every country.
    And I am almost sure that pubg does not hold them illegally because they advertise about it on various platforms of social media and newspaper and they have done it many times.
    PUBG has destroyed India even though they conduct the competition
    Jai6776 said:

Why India isn’t included in the list, It’s not at all acceptable

Stop spamming dude and first of all think about the age of majority and the capability of winning not about the countries laws politics and mess

Wow. Is it my luck, or did my family just move to UK from India two weeks ago? PERMANENTLY. Timing is perfect for me!

Lucky guy
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 252 ★★

Kabam need to find out a way around the Indian Law of 'The Prize Competitions Act, 1955' thats not going to be easy.

As part of the prize is over the value of 1000 rupees it means that people could participate but they are not allowed to win.

Bro that " The prize competition act, 1955" is for gambling.
    https://www.sethassociates.com/online-gaming-or-online-gambling.html

All and all i just want to say although I am not happy that many countries are left out from this event but still it is including more players in comparison to last years....And going with this progress rate I am expecting they will include more and more countries in the coming years........

Kabam need to find out a way around the Indian Law of 'The Prize Competitions Act, 1955' thats not going to be easy.

As part of the prize is over the value of 1000 rupees it means that people could participate but they are not allowed to win.

Bro that " The prize competition act, 1955" is for gambling.
    https://www.sethassociates.com/online-gaming-or-online-gambling.html

well said
  • Zero_USHZero_USH Posts: 17

DalBot said:

So let me make sense of this: to be eligible you would have had to complete 6.1, which was gated for 5*/6* champs, yet the tournament only allows for 4* champs to be used? So you again want us to consider wasting valuable T4B on 4* champs for a tournament that only includes people with diverse 5/6* rosters.

That's absolutely horrible and makes me consider not even taking part. Seriously, what's the logic behind that?

Because it is a showdown of skills. This is why you have to have gotten to a certain level and content that requires roster and skill. But it takes skill to be able to beat a boss that is prob gunna be pretty difficult one way or another with just a 4* and no boosts. It also allows for more cav players to attempt it since they probably have a lot of 4* on the shelf and maybe not that niche counter available as 5* or up.
    If it's a showdown of skill where you can't use boost or consumables it would be awesome to be able to have all 4* in game max sig like previous showdown and not only my roaster champions,I've 5*r5 doom why on earth i would waste resources on a 4*doom that I can't use in others contents...,if you want us to waste resources to do a showdown of skill let's do it with 3* or 5* meme tier champions
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 240

SparkAlot said:

Some people need to look up their own laws where they live...

For example, India flat out bans it.
    Brazil is is pretty much impossible to have a contest with the rules they have.

So, look it up if you don't believe Kabam, they got to follow the law.

Where have u read that such competitions are banned in India. Don't spread fake news!!!
    I'm from India. It isn't banned, but the regulations are in a state of flux and change. Kabam can't risk a regulation change bang in the middle of the showdown tournament. Just to give you an idea, check out this bit of news:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/technology/government-considering-a-ban-on-pubg-in-india-everything-we-know-so-far-5602351.html

I'm sure it'd benefit Kabam to include the large player base in India. If they haven't done it, there must be limitations or restrictions they couldn't get around. We need to understand and accept that.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

I laugh so many people who think they will win there is so few spots 3 per region so 9 total.

Based on the absolute best champs this will be highly Rng dependant, due to crits or in specific champs like hyperion, switch, or archangel this is total Rng.

I expect to see best mastery builds For each champ each week. Suicides may be required.

Yeah, I seriously hope it doesn't come down to whether or not a player runs suicides. Would be very disappointing in my opinion.

I'm from India. It isn't banned, but the regulations are in a state of flux and change. Kabam can't risk a regulation change bang in the middle of the showdown tournament. Just to give you an idea, check out this bit of news:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/technology/government-considering-a-ban-on-pubg-in-india-everything-we-know-so-far-5602351.html

I'm sure it'd benefit Kabam to include the large player base in India. If they haven't done it, there must be limitations or restrictions they couldn't get around. We need to understand and accept that.

Lol bro, have u even read it?? These apps are getting banned because they have been trying to store data from the users. And moreover these are Chinese apps which are getting hammered because of scuffle between India and China.
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Lol, the entire Caribbean was left out.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★

Lol bro, have u even read it?? These apps are getting banned because they have been trying to store data from the users. And moreover these are Chinese apps which are getting hammered because of scuffle between India and China.

Maybe you should read the article again friend.

"PUBG has been developed by a South Korean video game company called Bluehole. However, Chinese multinational conglomerate Tencent holds a considerable amount of share in the popular game. "

As of December 19, 2016, Kabam's Vancouver Studio was acquired by Netmarble Games.

As of 2018, Netmarble shareholders consisted of Bang Joon-hyuk (24.31%), CJ E&M Corp. (21.96%), Tencent (Han River Investment Pte. Ltd.) (17.66%), NCsoft Corp. (6.85%) and National Pension Service (5.00%).