**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Namor vs Canadian Sasquatch (274K SP2 damage)

Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
Those that say Namor is slow to ramp up.

This fight only took around 1m30s.

https://youtu.be/Y13zLUhFMLo

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    That is what we call a "W"
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah breakthrough is such a fun node
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    You only went for one fury, so why not just get to 15 outrages and 2 bars of power and hold the block. Faster rampup, no?
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Damn. Wish I had em
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    GagoH said:

You only went for one fury, so why not just get to 15 outrages and 2 bars of power and hold the block. Faster rampup, no?

I wanted to do sp2 with 1 fury & 30 outrage for max damage.

GagoH said:

I didn’t know that, but to be fair, it needed an sp3 and two sp1’s. A lot of people say Guardians damage isn’t practical because he needs an sp3 and sp2, so this looks pretty similar to that.

On top of that you dont wana exactly lose 5% health for each special off recoil, plus the fight might not even be able to last that long of getting an sp3 and two sp1s.

edited July 2020
    GagoH said:

GagoH said:

I didn’t know that, but to be fair, it needed an sp3 and two sp1’s. A lot of people say Guardians damage isn’t practical because he needs an sp3 and sp2, so this looks pretty similar to that.

On top of that you dont wana exactly lose 5% health for each special off recoil, plus the fight might not even be able to last that long of getting an sp3 and two sp1s.

By throwing SP1's, you get to 30 outrage faster.

Yes, you lose 5% due to recoil, but Namor's SP also regens 3%, so really you're only losing 2%? It's better than other champs, that doesn't regen at all.

I started the fight with 84% health and ended with 71% and that's from throwing 2x SP1 & 1x SP2. In between, I took 3x block damage which took around 3% health each.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Aayush19 said:

Thats what namor does. And everyone says "he needs dupe and high sig" lol

Because having a high amount of burst damage and no utility wont do you much good past 6.1. same reason domino use has been falling off
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    GagoH said:

GagoH said:

His specials have small regen. Anyways if you are on suicides and hitting opponent then you basically keep getting free regen and opponent is getting the damage instead of him (ofcourse if he is at max Sig)
    edited July 2020

GagoH said:

GagoH said:

By throwing SP1's, you get to 30 outrage faster.

Yes, you lose 5% due to recoil, but Namor's SP also regens 3%, so really you're only losing 2%? It's better than other champs, that doesn't regen at all.

I started the fight with 84% health and ended with 71% and that's from throwing 2x SP1 & 1x SP2. In between, I took 3x block damage which took around 3% health each.
    So i just tried it, all you need is around 3 sp1’s and you get to imperius just gotta watch the timing so youre attacking when you have around 29 outrages. They have to be below a bar of power when you launch your specials as well.

However my crit on the final hit was substantially less than yours even if im not on suicides/using a r1 6*

edited July 2020

Aayush19 said:

Thats what namor does. And everyone says "he needs dupe and high sig" lol

Because having a high amount of burst damage and no utility wont do you much good past 6.1. same reason domino use has been falling off
    I think alot ppl don't use him, because still feel dirty about the nerf.

He has only 1 utility and that is reflect DOT hehe
    Even if thats his only utility, its one of the most sought out utilities in the game, it lets you “bend the rules” sort of like quake does. It does kind of suck that ORs noncontacts already somewhat does the same, but theres a few occasions where it doesn’t
    Just a heads up, the reason the damage was so high is cause of breakthrough node. If he did this on winter soldier hed need at least two furies for similar damage
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Of course his S02's gonna hit hard with 60 hits on him and Breakthrough. So many champs can do this faster.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    I appreciate the OP, because although some champs might have been able to do this around the same amount of time, this is an example of a great fight to bring Namor along for. I also appreciate that someone pointed out that his outrage stacks increase his damage, as most people that don’t play him often usually overlook. Namor may not be the best answer to the most fights in the game, but I at least still enjoy playing him and definitely haven’t regretted the 5/65 and sig200 I gave him.
    edited July 2020
    GagoH said:

Just a heads up, the reason the damage was so high is cause of breakthrough node. If he did this on winter soldier hed need at least two furies for similar damage

This is what you can do for regular nodes.

Get to 30 outrage, SP3, & then 3x SP2 (SP2, Heavy, SP2, Heavy, SP2)

https://youtu.be/jzKlqy5nX2E
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Is he still worth R5, awakening and max sig?