**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6.2 champion boss changes

A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
My original assumption was that all the act 6 changes would be done together, though now that the champion boss changes are coming I’d like to ask how soon the act 6 attack value changes will follow? The post about the changes mentioned more boss/path specific changes coming, but I didn’t see anything about when to expect the attack value changes.

PS: the champion boss changes do look good, will be interesting to see how they feel when fighting him!

Comments

• FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    I also thought it was said that all changes were supposed to happen together so there wasn't lots of different experiences with Act 6
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    i dont see the point in only changing the champion fight and not the attack values why not wait until they have the full package and just do one update to act 6. I think that would be better than have some people go in now with the crazy attack values of act 6 and then in a few months have those attack values cut by 30% or so
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    So the champion attack value is not gonna be changed? Thats not what kabam announced. They should at least change attack values for 6.1-6.2.
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    Frosty said:

I also thought it was said that all changes were supposed to happen together so there wasn't lots of different experiences with Act 6

Yep, I imagine they are perhaps pushing the champion changes first to help those who are roadblocked by it. Though if that’s the case, the 6.2.2 mr sinister boss is already a potential roadblock for many before the champion and the attack values are still stacked in 6.3 waiting for those who now find their way past the champion.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    tkhan08 said:

So the champion attack value is not gonna be changed? Thats not what kabam announced. They should at least change attack values for 6.1-6.2.

That is not what is being said
    tkhan08 said:

His actual attack values doesn’t appear to be changing just yet, but his block penetration will be significantly lower. I do agree that it would make sense to get the attack value changes out asap though
    gohard123 said:

The attack values for 6.1 and 6.2 are not that bad.

Yh, 6.3 is where the attack values spike more

Hey all,

The Champion changes have been in the works for quite a while now, long before the Roadmap update came out. We didn't want to wait until the other changes were ready before moving ahead with these, since we know that this fight, in particular, has been a pretty big hurdle for many players.

Figured so. Is there a rough timeline or indication of priority for the attack value changes?
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Hey all,

The Champion changes have been in the works for quite a while now, long before the Roadmap update came out. We didn't want to wait until the other changes were ready before moving ahead with these, since we know that this fight, in particular, has been a pretty big hurdle for many players.

This still seems odd as we all know attack values are being reduced. Is this supposed to encourage people to partake in a fight that is still harder than it may be next month.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

Excited for the change so one day I can respond to people complaining about the fight with "back in my day.....".

This will now be one of the easiest boss fights in the game.

I’m really like that’s fighting so much much there or not linked the fight is probably them there’s or taking it dubbel links

Personally I got past 6.2.6 once and decided I wasn't going back until he was nerfed. Attack values are much more important in my opinion. Yes 6.2.6 is a road block, but the attack values cost a lot more in the long run than one particular fight.

U ikow my responses to this value is not bad before 6.3 and the blok penetration wil no to nofing now. One the champions definitely much better. I’m like the figth now. I’m hoping there’s can make a mode at some point Wher u get to chois your node to get a practice play grund almost as CCP Hav now I’m not asking for the same but a mode where no loss no lost no anything just a player grund where u set your tast op sorry delta

Personally I got past 6.2.6 once and decided I wasn't going back until he was nerfed. Attack values are much more important in my opinion. Yes 6.2.6 is a road block, but the attack values cost a lot more in the long run than one particular fight.

block pen affects more people and higher up the skilled food chain. You can get around attack values fairly easily, but block pen in a fight that has a new mechanic is pretty tough.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

Excited for the change so one day I can respond to people complaining about the fight with "back in my day.....".

This will now be one of the easiest boss fights in the game.

yup, RIP to the only true skill based fight in mcoc
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    #BringBackPreNerfChampionInTheSummerOfPain

Lormif said:

block pen affects more people and higher up the skilled food chain. You can get around attack values fairly easily, but block pen in a fight that has a new mechanic is pretty tough.
    @Lormif For that one fight yes, I'm not saying the the block pen didn't need to be adjusted, that's what was hurting me the most in that fight. My point was overall, people challenging the content for the first time and even exploring are a lot more affected by attack values and nodes, opposed to that one particular fight.

I'm glad he's getting fixed, he was the reason I refused to do 6.2 for a long time. However, you have the whole of 6.1 and 6.2 which could have been adjusted slightly first. Essentially relaunching 6.1 first, then 6.2 and so on. If 6.2 was such a pain point, re-release the whole of 6.2 together, then work on other chapters.

I just don't like that they're creating multiple phases and difficulty levels for the same content. It should have been sent out either as Act 6 as a whole, or individual chapters as and when they were ready to be released, instead of oh we'll knock a little off this and that.. then a few months later a little off this and that.. its just half completed content in my eyes. I know some people will be relieved his been reworked first.
    I am sorry but more skilled players should not be held back just because you want them to work on something affecting less skilled players at a higher priority. They can release it in phases and it is fine and preferable for them to do so.

Gamer said:

U ikow my responses to this value is not bad before 6.3 and the blok penetration wil no to nofing now. One the champions definitely much better. I’m like the figth now. I’m hoping there’s can make a mode at some point Wher u get to chois your node to get a practice play grund almost as CCP Hav now I’m not asking for the same but a mode where no loss no lost no anything just a player grund where u set your tast op sorry delta
    @Gamer What you sorry for Jak? Yes at our level it doesn't matter too much, but coming out of Act 5 into Act 6 the values are a little high for most trying to naturally progress, and we've already seen how impatient most are, they didnt have the what? Year or two wait we did for Act 6 release.

I would love a proving grounds thing where you can choose your own node, or do something similar with the summoner challenge thing going on, where you can make a boss fight and share it with friends or your alliance, then I can cry when you one shot it with ghost.. or put true strike on it so you and @Dr_Z01dberg cant quake or ghost it :wink:
    Well can stil use ghost and the value is stil not that bad from 5.4 to 6.1 to 6.2. Either get thek
    so bottle neck more skilled players so less skilled players can get in at the same time? Sorry disagree. Personally I think this is more about helping others in later progressions. Besides it is done, why hold it, you are just hurting players who you have no reason to hurt, it helps no one.
  • LPH_337LPH_337 Posts: 74
    Is compensation for the champion fight going out for only those who got through him or also players like me who tried multiple times, spent thousands of hard earned units, and still couldn't beat him? ☹️
  • HtotheizzoHtotheizzo Posts: 11
    As always useless kabam, still wasting units like a cu*t on the 6* path because it’s nearly impossible to get a combo of 15 in the last 40% when you can’t stun. This game is wank