**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• GBearSmithGBearSmith Posts: 45
    I dont care what people say if your not on apple you are at a massive disadvantage in this game which isn't right at all. MCOC is the only game I've ever played were they cant get it right ever. The amount of money that gets spent on this game on a daily basis is crazy and kabam don't care about the whole community. How much are kabam getting from apple to make sure the game only runs perfect on there devices.
    I run the Samsung s10 fully upto date software and I always run with a clear cache (as I get told everytime I put a ticket in) and still the game runs like ****. Parries not registering, bloke been broke, click for specials champ just stands there. Is not right and its not fair. This issues has been going on far too long and kabam just don't care its simple as that !
  • Venomous97Venomous97 Posts: 2
    In-Game Name:
    Killa66683
    Device and Model:
    Alcatel V3
    Device Operating System:
    ANDROIDos 9.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Cellular (Mobile Data) Metro Pcs
    Game Version:
    v25.0.1
    Game Mode:
    Alliance Quest, and normal Questing
    Description of the Issue:
    I'm having a severe lag issue when I tap the fight button, and sometimes I go into the loading screen before the fight then I get kicked out but my champion is still locked in the fight and I have to restart my game then my champion is half health because he was locked in the fight. It's only happened in AQ. ALSO sometimes heavy just does its own thing and heavys when I'm just trying to do a normal combo.
  • KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    In-Game Name: Kapitz
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 4 XL
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Game Version Installed: 27.2.5
    Game Mode: AQ
    Description of the Issue:
    For the last 3 days in AQ, on at least 5 occasions after winning a fight the "network error" symbol appears and disconnects me from the game -- despite the fact that no other app or service is having any issues whatsoever with the connection. Eventually, the game decides there's no longer a connection issue, at which time upon returning to AQ in-game, the fact that I've won the fight hasn't registered, instead the game has treated it as a "quit" and I've lost half my health and the opponent none. This is EXTREMELY frustrating.
    If it was only a once-off maybe I'd have accepted it as an actual error on my end but the fact that this has occurred so many times is a complete joke. This issue appears to have only started after the ~300MB update that force installed itself on my device.

• LonMLonM Posts: 29
    Hello Kabam , Can you please acknowledge that you are reading the MANY reports of hitting the fight button then Waiting 20 to 30 seconds to get into the fight if you are lucky , or just get kicked and lose half your health . There are many , many reports of this on different phones and android versions , how about saying you have read this numerous reports , just so we know someone might actually be looking into to this !!!!!!!!!
  • LIS1LIS1 Posts: 18
    In game name -: Lifeisshort
    Device and Model -: Samsung Galaxy note 9
    Device operation system -: Android 10
    Cellular or Wifi -: Both
    Game version installed -: Latest (Last update June 29, 2020)
    Game Mode -: Everywhere (In Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Story Quest, Event Quest, Arena)
    Description of the issue -: When i enter fight and fight is finished, then My screen freezes at the Winning screen before displaying the winning or loosing and then that RED CONNECTION SIGN shows on side and then i have to then force close game and restart it. And when i restart the game then i see that, the opponent against whom i fought and defeated is still alive at full health and instead my champ is down to half of his health. And if i try to fight again, then again same thing happens. It happens at random times but very frequent.. Please fix this as its costing me alot of units.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra I know you guys fixed this issue for Some Devices but Its still there for MANY OTHER DEVICES, So Please Please Please Please Fix it as its going from almost over 4 Months Now and i cant do any content because of this issue...
  • AlphaChaosAlphaChaos Posts: 20
    edited July 2020

I did a full reinstall like @AlphaChaos but to no avail. Tried some fights today and turned on the Realtime info statistics during fights. When I set the refresh rate to 90Hz the fps during fights cap out at 45 fps. Setting to 120Hz it caps out at 60fps. Before the update, the fps was almost always close to 90fps at 90Hz.

@SuperToebash, I did a bit of fiddling around with the FPS options on my OP 7T Pro. I dropped the refresh rate to 60Hz. Menu animation and map areas were totally choppy and stuttering. I started one match, finished it and forced the refresh rate back to 90Hz. Menu animation is better and a bit smooth but minor stutter. Started another match and funny thing, I didn't notice any difference while playing in 60Hz and 90Hz. The first time I switched from 60Hz (dynamic 90Hz) to 90Hz (forced 90Hz) the difference in gameplay was pretty clear. This is making me think that the latest update somehow locked the FPS to 60 or below and confirms your testing on your ROG phone.
  • Sanax133Sanax133 Posts: 7
    LIS1 said:
    Same exact thing is happening to me been this way for about a week.
  • Tseramed19Tseramed19 Posts: 35

@Tseramed19 Do you happen to know what your resolution and frame rate settings were before the update? You should not have to use a higher setting now to run the game how it was before the update. If nothing else has been changed on your phone since the update, then it is the update that is causing the issue. My frame rate during fights has halved since I installed the update. Even if I change to running at my phone's max refresh rate, the fps is worse than before the update.

@SuperToebash , unfortunately, i do not know for sure what my resolution and frame rate settings were before the update. i would imagine that they were on the "normal" setting. instead of the "high" that i changed to when i made my follow up post. (I am unaware of quantitative/numerial settings like x.x fps, etc. Rather, my settings just allow me to toggle qualitatively.)

and true, i cannot disagree with the points you are making. i agree with every single one. i posted my findings in case it helps anyone. i don't expect a fix anytime soon, so I was getting desperate to find a work-around so at least i could clear some content. good luck to you. this is frustrating.
  • AlphaChaosAlphaChaos Posts: 20

I did a full reinstall like @AlphaChaos but to no avail. Tried some fights today and turned on the Realtime info statistics during fights. When I set the refresh rate to 90Hz the fps during fights cap out at 45 fps. Setting to 120Hz it caps out at 60fps. Before the update, the fps was almost always close to 90fps at 90Hz.

@SuperToebash, I did a bit of fiddling around with the FPS options on my OP 7T Pro. I dropped the refresh rate to 60Hz. Menu animation and map areas were totally choppy and stuttering. I started one match, finished it and forced the refresh rate back to 90Hz. Menu animation is better and a bit smooth but minor stutter. Started another match and funny thing, I didn't notice any difference while playing in 60Hz and 90Hz. The first time I switched from 60Hz (dynamic 90Hz) to 90Hz (forced 90Hz) the difference in gameplay was pretty clear. This is making me think that the latest update somehow locked the FPS to 60 or below and confirms your testing on your ROG phone.
    I got really frustrated while playing the game last night and downgraded it back to 27.2.0 from 27.2.5 (had a backup of the APK and Data using Titanium Backup). Difference is night and day. Sticking to this version until the next update is live and confirms the issue is fixed.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    When AQ was on, the app freezes for 5-8 seconds whenever I start an AQ fight. Now that I'm doing some paths in Act 6, the same thing happens for 3-5 secs. I'm using a Samsung A50 with the latest game and OS updates.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★

FPS is also capped on Samsung S20 Plus. No higher than 60 FPS in fight.

I forgot to mention that it was a smooth 120 (verified through a few different fps and refresh rate counters). I tested it on Day 1 or I would have returned the phone. It used to be uncanny valley smooth.
  • Avalon986Avalon986 Posts: 3
    Hi all!
    Just wanted to add about those "Fight" button hangups....
    When i press "Fight" in
    EQ and story quests hangs for 3-5 seconds.
    AQ it hangs for 8-10 seconds.
    Labyrinth of Legends for about 15-25 seconds
    My device is a Moto 8 power with Android 10.
    There was no problem like that befor the sever crashes started.
  • demboyz16demboyz16 Posts: 36
    In-Game Name: demboyz16
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 10
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Connection and stability issues. I've lost connection several times now in the middle of quests, costing revives and potions. I can be stationary on the home screen and I'll lose connection. My wireless and cellular bars are full and for some reason I gain connection whenever I force stop the game.
  • demboyz16demboyz16 Posts: 36
    In-Game Name: demboyz16
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 10
    Description of the Issue: Connection and stability issues. I've lost connection several times now in the middle of quests, costing revives and potions. I can be stationary on the home screen and I'll lose connection. My wireless and cellular bars are full and for some reason I gain connection whenever I force stop the game.
  • LimodajiLimodaji Posts: 5

I am having the same problem on OP7pro. I thought something were messed up. Tried everything from reinstall to factory reset. The stuttering issues continued along with some textures not showing. I hope this gets resolved in the upcoming patch. In the meantime I managed to get an older apk and go back to 27.2.0.
    Superflex said:

In-Game Name: SuperFlex
    Device and Model: Samsung S10

Issues:
    Constant lag moving between screens
    Logged out repeatedly
    Parry's not registering regularly
    Dropped blocks occasionally
    Specials not activating intermittently
    Dexterity works sporadically

I see plenty of feedback but no recent response from the team. Can someone please acknowledge the aforementioned is currently under investigation, thanks!

Expect bases and world peace before Kabam makes some headway on addressing the issues with lag, graphical issues, and general game gimpiness. Unless it keeps you from buying stuff. That will get fixed at warp speed.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    Game still having major disconnection issues! So let's start AQ! AGAIN yay...
  • NooboholicNooboholic Posts: 10
    Stop AQ please nothing has changed for Android users in fact it disconnects more often than before. Been trying to fight for an hour here and unable to complete a fight.
  • ManquitoomarManquitoomar Posts: 10
    In-Game Name: E L M A N C O
    Device and Model: SAMSUNG GALAXY S9
    Device Operating System: ANDROID 10
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: in any game mode, any character of my rooster when the battle finish marks a connection problem...
    I am frustrated... more in AQ i win the fight then dissconect and my character is half life when i connect again...
    Please do something i am having this problem oftenly

My wifi is ok and function perfectly whit any other app
  • AgentNutzNZAgentNutzNZ Posts: 69
    In-Game Name: AgentNutzNZ
    Device and Model: Huawei P20 Mate Pro
    Device Operating System: 10
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Description of the Issue: Freezing after hitting Fight button, jumpy in game, this affects dex/parry/evade/block/some hits don't register, blocks don't register, evades register but hit by the attack that you evade/dex.
    Randomly blocking though i haven't blocked.

Seems like this last set of game meltdowns have really created open wounds.
  • Danny790Danny790 Posts: 26
    In-Game Name: Danny~790
    Device and Model: MiA2
    Device Operating System: 10
    Game Version Installed: Latest (cant check the exact number, unable to login)
    Description of the Issue: Cannot login to the game. Even if I am successful, browsing through few screens crashes the game again.
  • RJOHMERJOHME Posts: 13

In-Game Name: Rjohme
    Device and Model: (Samsung s9+)
    Device Operating System: (10)
    Cellular or WiFi: both. CELLULAR, mobile carrier: Verizon
    Game Mode: All, Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: I am getting kicked out of the game. It keep saying I did not have internet but I have check both my WIFI and Cell Data. I also have an Apple tablet and it does not have the same issues
  • BRG_5555BRG_5555 Posts: 3
    Samsung m20, android 10, stuck on download screen, in game name: ČÖŞMÕ. version. 27.2.0
  • Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    edited July 2020

Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro, Android 10
    I'm stuck on downloading screen after installing the new update from play store.