**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Future of Variants [Merged Threads]

SteelManSteelMan Posts: 172 ★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Add a new difficulty for Variants quests? like variant caviler difficulty?? since Variant geared towards mid-level players, so just pump the numbers and it can be geared towards end-level players as well.

Do you agree or disagree? explain in comments
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I certainly hope kabam has considered buffing the variant rewards considering the difficulty and time necessary to complete one. In the current game meta the rewards seem very outdated in comparison to the efforts required to fully explore a variant.

I believe it was said that 2017 gems weren’t ready yet, so that’s a disappointment, but beyond that...

Completion:
    5* r4 class crystal (should be a r5 crystal)
    5* crystal
    9k t5b shards
    600 6* shards
    500k Gold

Exploration:
    5/5 class rank up gem (should be 6/2)
    5* class AG
    18k t5b shards
    5* crystal (should be a 6*)
    1 million gold

Chapter rewards;

Completion:
    2016 5/3 class crystal (should be 5/4)
    250 6* shards
    100k Gold

Exploration;
    2016 5/4 class crystal (should be 5/5)
    300 6* shards
    10x 5* class sig stones
    100k Gold

The t5b shards need dramatic increases. Our alliance only runs map 5 in 1 bg and can still afford 18k t5b a week in glory. That’s way out of whack.

The 6* shards throughout are also very underwhelming.

Either the difficulty needs to be toned down to match these rewards or the rewards are in need of a major upgrade.
    ItsDamien said:

Ahh another whiney baby complaining on the forums. I wonder how many more are going to start coming.

lol? So you don’t think they need buffed? You think the same rewards from years ago should be the same they are now?

Hmm.

Waaah.

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Variant have consistently gotten easier since release. If a reward change is happening it should be 2017 gems, or changing the 5 star crystal to 10k 5 star shards to allow for choice the between basic/dual crystals and featured if you have enough shards
    Even if the difficulty continues in the downward direction it has, i can’t believe anyone would think that the t5b and 6* shards are relevant in the current meta.

In previous years those were two of the rarest in game resources there were. Now they are a weeks worth of gameplay for most.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Even if the difficulty continues in the downward direction it has, i can’t believe anyone would think that the t5b and 6* shards are relevant in the current meta.

In previous years those were two of the rarest in game resources there were. Now they are a weeks worth of gameplay for most.

you're also talking about mid level content, not end game content

Yet it was mid level content before the buff to the glory store as well, so why shouldn’t it scale, even if not as dramatically as I proposed?
  • ThemadpotatoThemadpotato Posts: 58
    Variant rewards are actually very good for how things are right now. It is really good content for people who are able to complete act 5 but are having a really tough time getting into act 6(All except variant 1). That's what variant content has been. The rewards are still very good in regards to that and don't really need a buff. Don't get me wrong, a buff to the rewards will be welcomed by everyone, but majority for the endgame players won't complain if there isn't one. Because quite frankly, a buff isn't necessary.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Why should it? Content has been getting easier. You've grown so its even easier. Why should the rewards grown when they are still relevant for those its targetted at. You're honestly better off asking for a higher level variant which would give much better rewards.

The purpose of the content is to bridge the gap between Act 5 and 6. With the Act 6 nerf and the Variants themselves getting easier, I wouldn't think that bridge needs rebuilding yet..

That’s not true as that isn’t the target of variants....target of variants is end game players not mid game players
    Well many people I respect on here have commented and disagree with me, so I’ll just take my clown reward and go home (always happy to get a new reward)
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Yet it was mid level content before the buff to the glory store as well, so why shouldn’t it scale, even if not as dramatically as I proposed?
    because AQ is harder now then it was when the glory store was introduced, variant is not, there's no reason for it to scale
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Ahh another whiney baby complaining on the forums. I wonder how many more are going to start coming.

lol? So you don’t think they need buffed? You think the same rewards from years ago should be the same they are now?

Hmm.

Waaah.

This will be the 5th one. For how easy the last 3 have been, we don't need a buff yet. Maybe variant 20.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    At this rate, this guys gonna have more disagrees than I got on the unpopular opinion thread
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Will all of the mid-tier players complaining with each new variant that there isn't a middle difficulty for them (which completely fails to understand what the classic difficulty is), saying that the Variants are "geared towards mid-level players" might be a bit overstated...
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    I disagree. Be glad that I commented.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    So at some point, variant difficulty will be the middle one because once they get to modoks monthly eq, when uncollected first appeared, I imagine theyll have to start making a higher difficulty then. Possibly one that gives 6* resources instead of 5*.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Variants are geared towards mid level players? Since when? I’m a mid level player and I haven’t touched the variants. (I’ve tried v4 and v3 but everything else is no)
    They have endgame rewards and the difficulty is for endgame players.

Especially Variant 1. You can not convince me that Variant 1 is geared towards mid level players. Heck naw
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★

Variants are geared towards mid level players? Since when? I’m a mid level player and I haven’t touched the variants. (I’ve tried v4 and v3 but everything else is no)

Especially Variant 1. You can not convince me that Variant 1 is geared towards mid level players. Heck naw

Can I convince you that variant 1 is geared to mid-level players in a year or two?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    A_NAZ said:

Can I convince you that variant 1 is geared to mid-level players in a year or two?
    maybe. It’s still ridiculously hard