**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

T1 Alpha Daily Event

BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Just throwing this against the wall to see if it sticks but could we get a Daily Event that provides a guaranteed T1Alpha like there is for T1-T4cc and basic for players Uncollected or Caviler? The bottle neck of getting champs 5* to R3 is pretty frustrating. This could be alleviated with an assured avenue of acquiring this catalyst.

Comments

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Something different then arena or glory
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Gmonkey said:

There is an arena for that you can get 3.

But that comes out what, once a week? Not to mention to R4 a single 5* you need 6, and to R3 you need 5. And in terms of glory, you can only buy 5 a week, which is great, but no one wants to waste glory on t1 Alphas.
    You're supposed to "waste glory" on T1As. T1As used to drop in crystals, and then Kabam changed things and added the Glory store so that players could decide to shift resources to the things they needed the most instead of having to rely on random drops from crystals. It is literally nonsensical to not spend glory on T1A if you need T1A, because that is literally what it is there for. If you choose not to spend glory on T1A, when glory exists to allow you to have more control over what you get from AQ than you used to, that's entirely your choice.

Also, the Glory store limit is ten, not five. I just bought four last week, because I depleted most of mine doing a bunch of rank ups, and I'm going to start building them up again. Because that's why they're there.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Greekhit said:

DNA3000 said:

Gmonkey said:

There is an arena for that you can get 3.

But that comes out what, once a week? Not to mention to R4 a single 5* you need 6, and to R3 you need 5. And in terms of glory, you can only buy 5 a week, which is great, but no one wants to waste glory on t1 Alphas.
    You're supposed to "waste glory" on T1As. T1As used to drop in crystals, and then Kabam changed things and added the Glory store so that players could decide to shift resources to the things they needed the most instead of having to rely on random drops from crystals. It is literally nonsensical to not spend glory on T1A if you need T1A, because that is literally what it is there for. If you choose not to spend glory on T1A, when glory exists to allow you to have more control over what you get from AQ than you used to, that's entirely your choice.

Also, the Glory store limit is ten, not five. I just bought four last week, because I depleted most of mine doing a bunch of rank ups, and I'm going to start building them up again. Because that's why they're there.
    You are supposed to spend glory when the price is reasonable. 220 glory as starting price is extremely high at least.
    Note that t1a is the only catalyst it’s price haven’t been reduced at glory store for over a year (at least 3 glory store prices update).
    I’m personally spending 3550 glory weekly for t1a, and I would spend more if the cap was higher.
    How reasonable is that for an 1.4mil 10k+ prestige account?
    Kabam SHOULD reprice t1a at glory store and increase their availability.
    It’s just an annoying, unnecessary bottleneck that offers nothing to the game other than frustration 😠
    Which bottlenecks are the good ones you don't mind players having to deal with?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    That’s already been covered high end bottlenecks have always made sense, low end have always frustrated people. Because things like not changing their availability while you increase the availability of all the other resources (take this months side quest Or act 6 for example, everything except t1a) just looks and smells like bad design by omission.
    The arguments there will always be a bottleneck and deal with it never hold water to me, people make logical suggestions and get told that kabam should never address an imbalance? Personally how I’m playing it’s not a big imbalance but a daily quest for half-1 t1a, is hardly going to break the game, some people think design should never be questioned, let’s follow those examples to the extreme, what if a 7* came out and needs 20 t1a to rank 2 but only one of everything else, someone says imbalance and the naysayer says that’s the way they designed it, deal with it. Why does there always have to be people arguing against logical suggestions, more t1a via a grind method will not break the game, period
    Speeds80 said:

That’s already been covered high end bottlenecks have always made sense, low end have always frustrated people. Because things like not changing their availability while you increase the availability of all the other resources (take this months side quest Or act 6 for example, everything except t1a) just looks and smells like bad design by omission.
    The arguments there will always be a bottleneck and deal with it never hold water to me, people make logical suggestions and get told that kabam should never address an imbalance? Personally how I’m playing it’s not a big imbalance but a daily quest for half-1 t1a, is hardly going to break the game, some people think design should never be questioned, let’s follow those examples to the extreme, what if a 7* came out and needs 20 t1a to rank 2 but only one of everything else, someone says imbalance and the naysayer says that’s the way they designed it, deal with it. Why does there always have to be people arguing against logical suggestions, more t1a via a grind method will not break the game, period

Exactly my problem. How do 5* R3s help me clear content beyond Cav? Simple, they really don’t unless your pro. The bottlenecks should be R4/R5, or 6star tank ups. Not grinding for two weeks just R3
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Donnymeij said:

This would mean you get way to many. With t1-t4cc it is not all guaranteed either.
    All you would get is some scraps.
    But in all fairness. You can actually gain a lot of t1a as it is now.
    If it is your limiting resource use your glory for it. If you are in a very low alliance you will still get 1900 or so glory a week. Which you can buy quite a bit of t1a for.

The problem with making the limiting resource more available is that another resource will be the limiting factor like t4b, t4c, iso, gold?
    There always needs to be a limiting resource.

Can't emphasize that enough.
    Kennado said:

Donnymeij said:

This would mean you get way to many. With t1-t4cc it is not all guaranteed either.
    All you would get is some scraps.
    But in all fairness. You can actually gain a lot of t1a as it is now.
    If it is your limiting resource use your glory for it. If you are in a very low alliance you will still get 1900 or so glory a week. Which you can buy quite a bit of t1a for.

The problem with making the limiting resource more available is that another resource will be the limiting factor like t4b, t4c, iso, gold?
    There always needs to be a limiting resource.

Can't emphasize that enough.
    Nobody is arguing against growth limiting resources. If you think an abundance of T1 Alpha for Cav players will break the game then you simply aren’t Cav or are growing 6stars, which in that case good for you.
  • Katiebeth84Katiebeth84 Posts: 6
    I agree I also think t2 alpha need to be more available they got quest for t1234 regular cats why not have a day were its alpha cats ,
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    edited July 2020
    i need t1 alpha more than anything. 5 star hero’s require so many of them. to totally rank a 5 star costs what...22 t1 alphas?? maybe when the rank up requirement costs t2a they remove the requirement of t1. treat it just the same as class catalysts.
    Again... my roster stalls out for this silly resource. It’s annoying
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    There’s an arena for it.
    There are 6 in EQ every month.
    This months side quest gives you 7.
    There is the glory store.
    If you have the sigil, there are a further 2 every week.
    The 3 day alliance events give you 1.
    SA gives you 1 if you’re in an active alliance.

Putting that aside, variants have plenty of rank up gems, saving the need for T1A for certain rank ups and last months events also had a few generic rank up gems.

There were also 5(?) in boss rush.

Not sure I can see a shortage here.
    Either you are further along in your roster or just aren’t pulling great champs. It takes 22 T1A to R5 a single champ. You take 4 new champs to R2 you blow through it. Or 2 new champs to R3. For Cav players this is a silly growth limiting resource as T2A and T5 already serve that purpose.