**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

EPIC SMACKDOWN EVENT REVIEW

Comments

• Přìņče01Přìņče01 Posts: 193 ★★
    edited July 2020
    I think it was good bit challenging but not too hard
    Just had an itemless run with this team

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Cry some more. So what you can't do the hardest difficulty? It means you're not good enough yet so do the lower difficulties and soon enough you will get good enough to tackle the hardest difficulty. There's always a moaner on the forums ffs.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Epic was way too easy. I went in with 6r3 Havok, 6r3 Sym, 6r3 Psylocke, 5/65 Venom, and 5/65 Starky. I ended up losing both Sym and Havok to Diablo and Havok respectively but only because I was careless and pushed them to their sp3s. I didn’t even use Starky. I used Psylocke for Sinister, Fury, and Sparkles.
    Overall, way too easy. It’s good rewards for the difficulty though, but I hope the Omega Rush is a lot harder.

You have a r3 6* Psylocke? That's awesome! I've always sort of set her aside in my mind as a lesser Magik, but I would love to see some footage from someone who knows how to play her.
  • Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    I thought it was really fun especially the Havok fight because I just went in with Cyclops and was just immune to everything lol
  • IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★

Cry some more. So what you can't do the hardest difficulty? It means you're not good enough yet so do the lower difficulties and soon enough you will get good enough to tackle the hardest difficulty. There's always a moaner on the forums ffs.

Why are you being personal ? Did I personally offend you! I hope you had a good upbringing mister.
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    Yeah ngl Chief the epic difficulty wasn’t that hard
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I have all the counters(doom for CMM, havok for havok, stealthy for thing and diablo), but I just suck at the game lol. I guess I'll have to pass on this event
  • WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    I disagree with the post creator. If it was too hard for you, you probably don’t have the needed skill/roster yet.
    This was designed for all players, so you just try the level that suits you.
    I was not capable of doing “The Maze” last year due to lack of roster/skills, but I was not crying it out in the forum for that.

I overall enjoyed this event.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Here we go again.. someone moaning it is too difficult. This is by far some of easiest content ever. But was expected given the low ebb rewards on offer.

For reference/help I ran this team

R5 hit monkey for thing (36 hits dead)
    R5 void for Diablo
    R3 6* warlock - Havoc/Sinster
    R2 6* domino Nick Fury
    R5 SS for CMM

I did all 3 top overs with this team in less than 20 minites
  • IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★
    xNig said:

Iryse said:

I found it downright pathetic. the nodes are totally ad hoc and only intended to extremely high skilled players. I dont consider myself high skilled but atleast I have covered cavalier and this was intended to be equivalent to uncollected difficulty. instead, its totally nonsense in my view for any mid to high tier players. Only for certain few players.

You... just... need.. to... get... better...

(Tbh I find your attitude pathetic.)
    Just wondering if when did you get to meet me to know about my attitude. it's just my opinion and I placed it. If you get offended, then there is something wrong with you because I didn't mention you anywhere. I placed my opinion publically to express my views, and witness other people's views too, be it same as me or different. But definitely not for the likes of you to judge my attitude.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Not everyone has counters for these champs.

the only thing that I guess you could argue that is roster based is the havok, but that is because of his plasma detonate. thing is easy to fight as long as you understand his mechanics, but obviously a slow champ is easier. same with Diablo. understanding a champion's abilities is they key to winning any fight. for havok, bring any champ that has an armor. sinister is annoying with his heal, but it is not a requirement to bring a heal block. fury is similar to thing, in that you can beat him with anyone, but it takes knowledge and skill. mutant champs make any fury pretty easy, and I'd assume you have a mutant champ. cmm is easy and anyone can do that
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    Honestly if that last week is 31 bosses and those are the rewards for the last week then I would rather not do it because that’s bs
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Too easy
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

Honestly if that last week is 31 bosses and those are the rewards for the last week then I would rather not do it because that’s bs

Just because it's difficult doesn't mean it's bs. They're not gonna give away 2 T5Bs for clearing a simple boss rush.
    That being said, I'm not gonna do it too because I'm just not ready for it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Epic was way too easy. I went in with 6r3 Havok, 6r3 Sym, 6r3 Psylocke, 5/65 Venom, and 5/65 Starky. I ended up losing both Sym and Havok to Diablo and Havok respectively but only because I was careless and pushed them to their sp3s. I didn’t even use Starky. I used Psylocke for Sinister, Fury, and Sparkles.
    Overall, way too easy. It’s good rewards for the difficulty though, but I hope the Omega Rush is a lot harder.

You have a r3 6* Psylocke? That's awesome! I've always sort of set her aside in my mind as a lesser Magik, but I would love to see some footage from someone who knows how to play her.
    I’m recording some later today and sending it over to Prof Hoff. A lot of people do see her as a lesser Magik but when it comes to power control when the opponent doesn’t have any power gain buffs then Psylocke is way better. When they do have power gain buffs though, she is a little worse than Magik.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    This boss rush is not as hard as previous one, the node isn't bs at all, the hardest is probadly Havok since he need counter and skill to deal with unstopable heavy and armor break, and Sinister too but it just long fight if you don't have counter.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★
    TY all for ur advice. I finished hard level but had to use some resources. Now want to go back and try again for practice. My problem areas were Thing and Havok. For Thing, I just use my 4* BW and straight forward fight. Will practice with Havok based on hero recommendations. Thx again all!
  • YEETguyYEETguy Posts: 107
    Y’all know quake breezed through this in seven minutes. I didn’t even bring anyone in but quake.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

So what you want is a Cavalier difficulty boss rush then. Cause of course it's gonna be easy if you have 3 R3 6*s on the team. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a problem with it either and I only brought in 1 R4 5*. But if this content was designed to be really hard for you and your R3 6*s, then it would be nearly impossible for anyone that hasn't done all of Abyss and Act 6.
    Yeah when I first made that comment, I didn’t realize that Epic was tuned to Uncollected and not Cavalier. That’s my bad, made myself sound like a total ass.
    Lol, didn't make yourself look like an ass at all. It would've been nice if there was a Cav difficulty which I guess is what you thought it was supposed to be. If this was Cav difficulty, it would've been way to easy.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,721 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Iryse said:

I found it downright pathetic. the nodes are totally ad hoc and only intended to extremely high skilled players. I dont consider myself high skilled but atleast I have covered cavalier and this was intended to be equivalent to uncollected difficulty. instead, its totally nonsense in my view for any mid to high tier players. Only for certain few players.

First run of Epic, didn't know what to expect, no revives.

https://youtu.be/VGOCsH_YJDM
  • DeQueueDeQueue Posts: 101
    If u cant solo uncollected eq bosses, then better not try out this one.
    I can't do it & I even find the rewards to be a bit overkill for me.

I'll happily do stuffs upto master & gather isos to build stronger team. Who knows may be 2 months later I'll be strong enough to tackle this.