**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sun's Out, Fun's Out! Summer Smackdown is ON!

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I heard the last day is 31 bosses and if that’s so the rewards should be buffed
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian

Week 6 is SUMMER SMACKDOWN - OMEGA. This quest requires you to beat the previous 5 weeks in order to unlock it.

...week 6 will become available on Sept 2nd 10:00 AM PDT! You won’t spend these to enter the quest either, so you can try it as many times as you’d like.
    Once Omega is released, you’ll have two weeks to complete all 6 Quests before they disappear on Sept 23rd 10:00 AM PDT. But none of the first 5 weeks will disappear before then.
    This kicks off tomorrow, July 29th at 10am PDT!

Greekhit said:

Keep in mind the Omega Boss Rush won't land until September (6 weeks from tomorrow)

6 weeks from tomorrow or 5 weeks?
    Because 5 are the weeks before Omega, which is supposed to be the 6.
    On the announcement it says that week 6 Omega will drop at September 2 and at the very next paragraph, that once Omega is released, we have two weeks to complete all 6 quest before they disappear at September 23, so that would mean that Omega drops at September 9.
    @Kabam Miike
    Can we please have a clarification for when Omega drops?
    Is it on September 2 or September 9?
    Agree, @Kabam Miike , needs clarification.
    In-game countdown is 56 days, but that would be 8 weeks not 7.
    5 weeks before Omega, plus 2 for Omega, should be the 7 weeks duration in Announcement, to end Sept 16th (NOT Sept 23rd ending date in Announcement).
    ???

• MOB_5150MOB_5150 Posts: 3
    I don't see contest available or updates to game available on Android or apple
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

xNig said:

It’s not that hard.

This week’s quest can be settled with a team of 2-3 champs that covers a lot of ground in terms of utility.

Can’t wait for the Omega one though. Will be fun.

Right? I'm hoping its going to be a real challenge to counter all the fights. Trying to counter 31 boss fights with a team of 5 is probably one of the craziest things in the game besides the Abyss up to this point.
    I don't know, that Thing was a pain in the butt.
  • Ida12fwIda12fw Posts: 16
    Really nice rewards and fairly easy for week 1.
  • BazahaildancnBazahaildancn Posts: 198
    Rewards are pathetic. Very very disappointed.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

Rewards are pathetic. Very very disappointed.

When is the last time Kabam gave out 6,000 5* shards and 500 6* shards for ten minutes of gameplay?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

xNig said:

It’s not that hard.

This week’s quest can be settled with a team of 2-3 champs that covers a lot of ground in terms of utility.

Right? I'm hoping its going to be a real challenge to counter all the fights. Trying to counter 31 boss fights with a team of 5 is probably one of the craziest things in the game besides the Abyss up to this point.
    Yeah. And we are getting dislikes from crybabies who can’t handle these easy fights. Honestly, 31-35k defenders are nothing more than minis in Tiers 1-3 that players face every single war. (We get 38-60k ones too)

Anyway @Werewrym bro, I think it’s possible figure out a rough team to handle all 31 fights though.

Off the hat I’ll bring in,
    Quake
    HT
    OR
    Doom/Magik
    And maybe AA or Ghost to handle the quest.

This week I only used Quake and AA (plus Doom for CMM but Quake can do it too).
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I like this boss rush. Honestly, it’s not that difficult. If you can play Quake it’s done. I did it on my alt account with a 3/41 5* Quake and the rest of my team were 3/30’s.

Anyone can take Thing if you know how to fight Thing.

Diablo is just any nullify or slow champ.

Havok could be a pain, but any Havok counter or any champ and pushing to his SP2 will win that fight

Sinister can be done by anyone, just a long fight

Nick Fury, again, any champ if you play well, and any mutant is going to do pretty well. And a free willpower heal with Shank

Captain Marvel is mystic food, which you could cover Diablo with as well. Any champ could do this as well.

If you have a problem with this boss rush, your roster is either missing absolute basic essentials, or you’re just not playing well enough. I’m sorry, but that’s how it is.

On the positive side, you have 8 weeks to do it. Plenty of time to practice or pull a counter, although that second one I know isn’t a viable solution

For me it was Diablo, I was able to Quake The Thing rather easily (she's a 4r5 so it took some time) but I just couldn't with Diablo, he kept delaying his hits just a fraction of a second and it caught me off guard several time. Guess such an erratic behavior was to be expected from a drunk like him ! Cost me two revives though...
    I tried using Quake and he was too aggro. I used HT for Diablo. Melted him.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I like this is a boss rush for all, and not for the few.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    So where is it? Can't find it.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 450 ★★★
    Can we presume that the 31 fight week 6 will be a repeat of the first 5 weeks put together, plus omega?
  • Where do you find the summer smackdown
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★

Where do you find the summer smackdown

In the "Side Quest" tab. Where the "Northern Expeditions" are.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

For me it was Diablo, I was able to Quake The Thing rather easily (she's a 4r5 so it took some time) but I just couldn't with Diablo, he kept delaying his hits just a fraction of a second and it caught me off guard several time. Guess such an erratic behavior was to be expected from a drunk like him ! Cost me two revives though...
    Typically you want the enemies to be aggro when you're playing Quake though because otherwise their combos are all weird. Or at least that's my preference.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Werewrym said:

xNig said:

It’s not that hard.

Yeah. And we are getting dislikes from crybabies who can’t handle these easy fights. Honestly, 31-35k defenders are nothing more than minis in Tiers 1-3 that players face every single war. (We get 38-60k ones too)

Anyway @Werewrym bro, I think it’s possible figure out a rough team to handle all 31 fights though.

Off the hat I’ll bring in,
    Quake
    HT
    OR
    Doom/Magik
    And maybe AA or Ghost to handle the quest.

This week I only used Quake and AA (plus Doom for CMM but Quake can do it too).
    Yeah I'm for sure on board with Quake, and HT. Probably going to bring my r3 6* Sentinel because he is very sustainable. Still unsure on the last two spots. Maybe OR for one of them. I lack a Doom so if there are any big cosmic fights I'm probably going to be forced to bring SymS.
    Werewrym said:

Typically you want the enemies to be aggro when you're playing Quake though because otherwise their combos are all weird. Or at least that's my preference.
    Yes. Could have been me. I just woke up and let go of a few Evades. I just moved on. Had better success with Elsa, and Quake took out Havok.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

Rasilover said:

Epic omega about to be hard af
    No way they are just gonna give away 2 full t5b like that

lets hope!!!!
    The way i interpreted it was that boss rush #6 will be all 5 previous boss rushes put together. Might be wrong though
    Not totally wrong. Different Difficulties will be different, but the Omega one is going to be looooong (I think 31 fights?).
    31 fights per difficulty??
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 485 ★★★
    31boss fights seems a bit....excessive.....no?
  • jp2835jp2835 Posts: 147
    The rewards look good but the nodes doesn't justify the difficulty for master mode
    Looks like someone forgot to put codes of master mode so they put up EPIC in place of CAVALIER && MASTER in place of EPIC so no-one notices the change
    Do not foget that the name OMEGA itself says The final quest will be much tougher than the 5 , maybe lowering champion boost from 150% to 100% in the weekly boss rush can make it more relatable to original master difficulty if not in mood to take down a buff or two (I don't care bout of legendary crystal if I have to waste 200 units each week for them)
  • jp2835jp2835 Posts: 147
    xNig said:

jp2835 said:

The rewards look good but the nodes doesn't justify the difficulty for master mode
    Looks like someone forgot to put codes of master mode so they put up EPIC in place of CAVALIER && MASTER in place of EPIC so no-one notices the change
    Do not foget that the name OMEGA itself says The final quest will be much tougher than the 5 , maybe lowering champion boost from 150% to 100% in the weekly boss rush can make it more relatable to original master difficulty if not in mood to take down a buff or two (I don't care bout of legendary crystal if I have to waste 200 units each week for them)

Huh? Master was insane....ly easy...
    If you mean Quake shake in case of easy then I think you should reconsider the words
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Nice to see T5CC coming into the game.

Now can you make it a 27% T5CC selector so I don’t spend the next 3 months being teased by my 6* Ghost sitting at R2?

Jokes aside, it looks really good.

Been hunting tech for a while. Missing precisely 10% 😉
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

Now can you make it a 27% T5CC selector so I don’t spend the next 3 months being teased by my 6* Ghost sitting at R2?

How can u hav 4 tier5c when I’m can only hav 3 not that it a big deal for me just wondering yes I’m use lvl 60
  • skillingmachineskillingmachine Posts: 16
    I AM NOT ABLE TO SEE THIS QUEST

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Mauled said:

How can u hav 4 tier5c when I’m can only hav 3 not that it a big deal for me just wondering yes I’m use lvl 60
    Sigil most likely.
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    H3t3r said:

Ezra7676 said:

Found it. Can't even do master with a team of 5/65's.

So you're saying it's too hard on master?
    Yes, I cant too,. captain Marvel go to 62% and is unbeatable as she starting with one bar and unblockable sp1 and undestroyable active from 1 s of fight. After 6 rev a will say goodbye.
    From my perspective I would like to say Kabam do what normally do, rewards too low for effort, and cost.