**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How long have you played, and what is your perspective on the game currently?

JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
Polling duration, comment with your thoughts on the game.

How long have you played, and what is your perspective on the game currently? 250 votes

<6months
6%
ATnix95UnidentifiedCreatureChikelVendemiaireMAKSshpak_hbtygbty423_hawk34ŘïdđhįmDeadlygamer98AzenstarGr8TonyStarkLobster44McocplayerboopCowabungaHolyLegoStepBkstrong007 16 votes
1 year
10%
Rodomontade_BoiBonzodavidDnegrin6969BunnyblasterIcy000XanthiaStellanrivetSpideyFunkolowlevelplayerFeroX_the_fat_heringDoctor_Strange19FlashSpideyJohnyBoyLucifer1810accelerator_181CaptainGameMathgeeknwahster32Thanks_D19 25 votes
2 years
12%
Darkrider05Gamesbond90Colonaut123SiddhantcookiedealerColinwhitworth69jkcjmijiRamadaQacobMarvzeliusWakanda4Ever278DeaconkubricknolanRU11011TheBestinTuakauamal_nairErosenseiogMauledDretlleBawa69 32 votes
3 years
12%
jp2835Kayser2705Baseballguy711Duke_SilverTaZ_4178lIPowerIlcx23433Grootman1294FilmsauceZombieZeddNotsavage19Xva23Shamanriver77Chally1500RockypantherxNeotwismKRANꓘArsozTotalMonster109Seanl85 32 votes
4 years
22%
GroundedWisdomLeNoirFaineantChadhoganTendersquadKDoggg2017allinashesjdrum663Alex13369Sundance_2099SiddhantKwatraAb_SamadDragonMCOC_ASDF_SceptilemaniacHammerbro_64TimrosDonnymeijUfuomahPizzabeatCupid 56 votes
5 years
35%
Vdh2008SnakeEyes69ShrimkinsBigdogbobDrZolaBendyMr_PlatypusGarryDKWorld EaterAjavedxNigTorgoNudhobloodyCainFrostyMidnightfoxTheManMythLegendPiviotRonnieb54StefanjonesForward 89 votes

Comments

• JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    5 years
    I’ve taken 2 or 3 big breaks within that time due to burn out. Currently, I’m happy they’re coming out with more content, and trying to freshen up the game a bit. I still worry that I’m burning out of the “mortal combat style”, so hopefully some of the new mechanics being added will make it more fun adding some freshness. There are so many different levels of skill and roster development within the game, and balancing content for end game players is tough, I could imagine. I’m struggling with act 6 exploration before the nerf, but can complete side events without item use. For now, I’ll stick around and see how the roadmap plays out. If it gets stale, I’ll take another break. At the moment, I’m enjoying playing at a relaxed pace, grinding arena, and just chipping away at the content I have left.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    5 years
    I played the game right when it came out. I have taken a few massive breaks, but technically December I will get the 6 year title!
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    3 years
    3 years in 20 days or so. It was pretty bad there for the last 9-12 months, really since 6.3 released. With the roadmaps and the ever time content, and Kabam’s seemingly new outlook on the game, I think there is a lot of promise still.

That’s if they follow through. I hope they will, but it was at a real make or break point there for a while
    5 years
    Crcrcrc said:

I played the game right when it came out. I have taken a few massive breaks, but technically December I will get the 6 year title!

I don’t see how people have played consistently from the beginning without major breaks. I burnout after playing for a little over a year, take 9 months off. That’s been the trend at least.
    5 years

3 years in 20 days or so. It was pretty bad there for the last 9-12 months, really since 6.3 released. With the roadmaps and the ever time content, and Kabam’s seemingly new outlook on the game, I think there is a lot of promise still.

That’s if they follow through. I hope they will, but it was at a real make or break point there for a while

I’m hoping it’s a new leaf, and not just a phase. The game has a lot of potential if they stay open to being creative with new content and other stuff.
    3 years
    JChanceH9 said:

I’m hoping it’s a new leaf, and not just a phase. The game has a lot of potential if they stay open to being creative with new content and other stuff.
    That’s what I’m worried about, that they slip back into standard procedure again. It’s happened before. Otherwise we wouldn’t have been in that mess
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    5 years
    I take massive breaks cuz of school, so I'm still at around 500k. I remember when 4*s where almost impossible to get, and act 4 wasn't even out yet. Pre 12.0 was great! Nowadays, even 5* can be acquired in under a week of starting out. Getting a 6* isn't too hard. You can actually get a rank 5 5* without exploring act 5, or doing much in act 6. You can get a rank 4 5* with just the glory store! No need to explore act 4 or complete act 5 or LoL, pretty damn crazy! Back in the day, 4* awakening gems were only gotten through act 4 exploration I believe. Nowadays, there's a 5* awakening gem about every month! So much has changed, it's unbelievable to see.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    4 years
    Too long.

Gone to doo doo.
  • manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    2 years
    Started playing since the Emma Frost update in 2018. Best Marvel mobile game. Even though I am f2p, it is really enjoyable when you progress and get new champs.
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    1 year
    Around 8-9 months with around a 3 month break because I had beat act 2 and was bored
    5 years

JChanceH9 said:

That’s what I’m worried about, that they slip back into standard procedure again. It’s happened before. Otherwise we wouldn’t have been in that mess
    The problem is that the game was overdue for a facelift by at least a couple years, so even if they bring it up to what it should’ve been, idk how long it will keep people interested before needing another big creative update. I don’t want to be a pessimist. Just hoping for the best.
    5 years
    Mathgeek said:

Around 8-9 months with around a 3 month break because I had beat act 2 and was bored

How has the first year been for you? Any pain points at that level nowadays? Seems like everyone progresses really quickly now, but I’m sure there are still difficulties.
    3 years
    JChanceH9 said:

JChanceH9 said:

The problem is that the game was overdue for a facelift by at least a couple years, so even if they bring it up to what it should’ve been, idk how long it will keep people interested before needing another big creative update. I don’t want to be a pessimist. Just hoping for the best.
    That true as well, a lot of the promises they’ve made, if we’re being brutally honest, are long overdue, as you said.

And you don’t need to be a pessimist. I’ve got that covered for everyone on the forums
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    4 years
    By the end of the summer it will be 5 years. I think like right now as of this week it’s struggling obviously, but I’m seeing the first bits of their roadmap being delivered and I’m optimistic that the game will reach new heights of fun.
    1 year
    JChanceH9 said:

Mathgeek said:

How has the first year been for you? Any pain points at that level nowadays? Seems like everyone progresses really quickly now, but I’m sure there are still difficulties.
    Act 3 thanos was the most difficult boss even with my 2/35 aegon. I could not play the game back then. It took me a month to beat him. And I recently got uncollected as well.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    2 years
    2 years and some change so far. i love the game because i'm a huge Marvel fan. it's a great time waster for me. my roster isn't bad so i can play most of the content ... i struggle finding the motivation like we all do when rewards aren't comparable ... BUT i'm really liking the direction quest content is going not so much on the War front but overall ... love the game still.
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    5 years
    Started jan 2015, and once took a few year break from the game. Don’t remember when I came back. Happy Kabam are trying to improve the game.
    5 years
    Mathgeek said:

JChanceH9 said:

Mathgeek said:

Act 3 thanos was the most difficult boss even with my 2/35 aegon. I could not play the game back then. It took me a month to beat him. And I recently got uncollected as well.
    Congrats!

I think as people play longer and go deeper into act content, having to pick up new skills, it’s easy to forget how it was hard to just learn to parry consistently, dex a special attack, and memorize all the champions’ animations. I feel for new players with there being such a huge learning curve, and seeing people who have played for years, and gotten to accumulate all those skills and knowledge gradually act like it’s no big deal.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    1 year
    JChanceH9 said:

Mathgeek said:

JChanceH9 said:

Mathgeek said:

Congrats!

I think as people play longer and go deeper into act content, having to pick up new skills, it’s easy to forget how it was hard to just learn to parry consistently, dex a special attack, and memorize all the champions’ animations. I feel for new players with there being such a huge learning curve, and seeing people who have played for years, and gotten to accumulate all those skills and knowledge gradually act like it’s no big deal.
    I remember back in act 3 it was impossible to get a parry. I just tapped block and prayed to get lucky. Didn't have dex until act 4. There are still a lot of animations I need practice on.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    4 years
    Started in January of 2016. Still enjoy the game though I'm taking an extended break from higher tier war. Future looks good but we'll see.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    3-4 years spread across 2 accounts. pretty happy that they seem to be moving in a different direction
    edited July 2020
    1 year

JChanceH9 said:

Mathgeek said:

JChanceH9 said:

Mathgeek said:

Congrats!

I remember back in act 3 it was impossible to get a parry. I just tapped block and prayed to get lucky. Didn't have dex until act 4. There are still a lot of animations I need practice on.
    I just spammed heavy with aegon because I loved getting through a fight with one combo and back then there was no timer after his heavy. I also didn't get dex until act 4
    5 years
    Idk about everyone else here, but the thing that’s worrying me at the moment is there are hardly any <6 votes. I want to see a healthy new player base, excited about the game. If new people aren’t coming in and integrating, we’re all going to be in trouble as the old timers start falling off.