**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My only problem with the boss rush.

Comments

• DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★

The one complaint I have is that the rewards are so low for this one boss rush... usually they’re much better. I am fine with the level of difficulty, I ran right throw it in fact.

At the end of the 5 weeks, you would have got 3 5 stars. All other boss rushes only give 1.
    @Blood_raise1 But each one is it’s own individual boss rush. They should be 1 5* each imo.

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Let’s try again, although I did so with 5* but some of them just 5*r2 (for optimal counter).
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Also just putting it out there. My lvl 44 alt with a BHR of 188,449 Prestige of 4,883, who is not even uncollected yet, was able to complete epic.

To be fair, you have the experience you do with your Main. To someone like the OP who is only a year in, it's not as easy.
    To be fair, you’re saying it comes down to skill? Playing a year and having his progression and champions, it won’t be easy. But he has solid counters to some of if not all the fights. It comes down to will and determination.

Which is a reasonable statement. I didn't have too hard of a time with it, except for that Thing (just because I hate fighting him). I just don't think it's fair to shame people just because they had a hard time with something. It's not helpful at all, and just makes this place toxic.

I don’t think people, nor I, was shaming him. I was simply pointing out that it is doable. It’s about understanding the nodes and champs. If someone is struggling I’ll gladly give help. I helped one of my friends get uncollected, spent a few hours redoing paths and recording fights so he could see what to do. Spent units for refills, and took the time to type out exactly what I was doing and why I was doing it. That same day he finished 5.2.

It’s only “toxic” because people come into a thread and try to start stuff.
    It's toxic because the second someone mentions they feel something is too hard, people jump on them to shut them down. The end result is people can't speak for their own experience where they're at because they're being told their thoughts are invalid. Showing others up happens all the time. "I did it with 4*s. See? It's not hard." Well, that's great for you, but the OP is speaking for themselves.
    It depends on HOW they mention something is too hard.

I can guarantee you there will be a difference in replies between a thread that starts with “this quest is a moneygrab! Lower the attack! It’s too difficult!” v “this quest is very hard. I need some help and advice.”

The OP was the former.
    this is what I said:

The attack values. If you get hit once or twice you're dead. 4k? fine. 5k? No problem. 6k? Sure. 7k? Manageable. But 10k? Those are act 6 numbers. Its simply too high for someone who uses 4/55s and 5/50s. Over 1k damage per blocked hit. Higher end players will tear through this in 10 minutes, but newer players that actually need the rewards will struggle. Thats it. Other than that, I think kabam has done a great job

Did I say its a money grab? No. I just said that I personally think that the attack values are slightly too high. Its a great event, don't get me wrong, but it probably just isn't suitable for my level

xNig said:

Struggle = Challenging, which is good.

It’s not even hard tbh.

you have something like 1.7 mil BHR and a large account. Of course it isn't hard for you. That is besides the point
    this is account #3. 602k.

it's all about the matchups. i used only one of the three pictured mutants. the others were insurance/ emotional support.
    still larger than my main lol. Props to you for running 3 accounts
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

GOTG said:

So after killing act 6 weak players now try to kill side quest as well.

No, you're right. The only people who should be heard are the ones who don't have a problem with it. -.-
    Not that. It’s the attitude of “it’s too hard so make it easier for ME” that pisses people off.
    So does the attitude "Get good Noob. Everything should be hard.".
    That’s true. Sadly, that attitude is reciprocal.

When people show entitlement, they deserve all the “git gud”s coming their way, like disagrees. 😊
    So by expressing my opinion I am showing entitlement? I think that the attack values are too high. You don't. End of story
    Expressing opinion by itself, no. Definitely not showing entitlement.

Implying a content be nerfed to suit “newer players”, yes.
    I didn't even mention that it should be nerfed. I just expressed what I thought. I did not say "Kabam pls nerf this bc its hard"
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

Boss rush was actually quite easy, act 6 is wayyy way harder.

Minus the act 6 boss fights and global nodes I found that the boss rush fights are comparable to act 6 fights. As long as you have the proper counters act 6 isn’t too bad

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Minus the act 6 boss fights and global nodes I found that the boss rush fights are comparable to act 6 fights. As long as you have the proper counters act 6 isn’t too bad

Not to mention that you really only need a counter for the Havok fight.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    So, I did this with champions that aren't really that good or considered "god tier", pretty easily, just for fun.

Elsa Bloodstone against Thing, Diablo, Nick Fury.
    Ultron (Labyrinth) against Havoc, Mr. Sinister.
    Ebony Maw against Captain Marvel.

Just used 3x characters, and one of them wasn't even countering any specific champion or ability
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

It's honestly not bad. It's about 6.1-ish difficulty.

Also, unpopular opinion, but I'd prefer it if you get KO-ed after taking 1 or 2 hits. It encourages people to play perfectly. I got smacked about 5 times by Thing because I wasn't paying attention, but I still survived. I don't really like that.

Do it with 3* or 2*. It takes only about 800 hits with 3* r1 Ronan to kill thing in epic, and any block will take a lot of your health. At the beginning of the fight it's smth like 20% for parry, later with his furies on you just die
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

Calm down people lol. OP said he liked the event he just thought it was a little too much. I disagree but we don't need to kill him lol.

That's my point. Agreeing or disagreeing is fine, but it's like the OP is saying it's too much for where he's at, and people are saying, "No that's not your opinion.". Lol.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Not to mention that you really only need a counter for the Havok fight.
    With his brother in team, Havok become the easiest fight.

Also just putting it out there. My lvl 44 alt with a BHR of 188,449 Prestige of 4,883, who is not even uncollected yet, was able to complete epic.

To be fair, you have the experience you do with your Main. To someone like the OP who is only a year in, it's not as easy.
    And yet then you state the obvious. Has experience on main.
    Why not just say oh but you have more skills than OP so you can obviously do it? Doesn't it just loosely translate to that OP can also get better and then they can do this too? Smh

What kind of a point is oh you experience on main lol? Then just build your experience here. The boss rush is available for weeks keep doing it over and over

I still remember not being able to do a lot of boss rushes early on
    And i remember the 1% permanent regen domino
    Fought her 40times over and that isn't an exaggeration since reviving wouldn't work on a regen node.i had to quit and fight King groot everytime and then domino with my 4* void and somehow get good with this fight
    Eventually after 40 tried it happened
    Since that day my domino fighting skills have been very top notch.

Start working on your skills and if you face trouble ask for advice on how to do it instead of crying about attack values.
    The point is people chime in with their own experiences, which 9 times out of 10 are well beyond the OP, and begin to tell them how easy it should be. Based on their own experience. Someone who is well into the game will no doubt have an easier time, even on their Alt. That's the number one misconception in these discussions. "I found it easy so it's easy.". Only, it's easy for them. Not automatically for where someone else is at.
    The OP has only been playing for a year, and that doesn't mean they're at the same place as someone who starts an Alt and does more in less time. Some people are starting their first round, and all people grow at different paces. If the OP says they think it's too much, for where they're at, then that's about all there is to say. We can't proceed to tell them it's not. That's not ours to determine.
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    my only problem with boss rush is that havok otherwise i can do it with 4 stars
    Actually, no. The OP doesn't. They can complain about whatever they want, just like anyone else. That's how expressing an opinion works. We can't force people to see things how we want. They have the right to say they think it's too high, and we have the right to say we disagree. The second we take it upon ourselves to tell the OP what we think they should or shouldn't do, it can go either way. Some people are open to suggestions. Some are just expressing an opinion. Usually if people want help, they'll ask. If we offer unwarranted advice, that doesn't mean they must take it or they're complaining for nothing. That's an assumption we make ourselves. Sometimes people just want to give feedback. They can do that if they want.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★

The attack values. If you get hit once or twice you're dead. 4k? fine. 5k? No problem. 6k? Sure. 7k? Manageable. But 10k? Those are act 6 numbers. Its simply too high for someone who uses 4/55s and 5/50s. Over 1k damage per blocked hit. Higher end players will tear through this in 10 minutes, but newer players that actually need the rewards will struggle. Thats it. Other than that, I think kabam has done a great job

These are variant level attack values, I felt the same when I started doing variants , but now I'm used to not blocking and sticking to intercepting and baiting for openings . Also I used a rank 4 4 star stealthy for thing , couldn't block much but got him down . No items used and there was only one r5 5 star , 2 r4 5 stars , and 1 rank 5 4 star and 1 r4 4 star in my team . Is this challenging? Yes . Is it impossible? No
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★

my only problem with boss rush is that havok otherwise i can do it with 4 stars

use havok or cyclops for him then
    I would have loved a havok myself
    dont have him on 5* level though
    unfortunately i only have 2 counters for havok 1 is g2099 and warlock