**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My only problem with the boss rush.

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

xNig said:

10k attack... eating a full combo won’t kill you lol.

If you eat 2-3, then definitely. But if you eat 2-3 combos, then there’s something wrong with the skills, no?

One combo from thing is 100% enough to kill my stealthy.
    But I don't get why that's a problem. Yeah, if you get hit, you'll die. That's the point.

If you died from a combo to your block, that would be another thing and a real problem. What you're saying here isn't the problem.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

xNig said:

If you eat 2-3, then definitely. But if you eat 2-3 combos, then there’s something wrong with the skills, no?

I did Thing and diablo with quake
    she in't my strongest suit so I get hit from time to time
    still managed to finish off thing
    i play parry and stun can't do perfect quake play so diablo on limber was even more rough and he got more hits and still finished him
    then went on to die from havok with my g2099 that was my unskilled ass but then destroyed the rest of havok with quake yet again

I took a few hits here and there myself and still was able to kill almost 2.5 enemies with quake

whichever champ you play with even r4 you are getting hit a lot if you are dying to the defender
    stealthy has 17k health at R4. I parry 17 times and he's dead. If I block a couple of hits, I'll be dead earlier. Not everyone is an intercept god

Also just putting it out there. My lvl 44 alt with a BHR of 188,449 Prestige of 4,883, who is not even uncollected yet, was able to complete epic.

To be fair, you have the experience you do with your Main. To someone like the OP who is only a year in, it's not as easy.
    I’ve playing for around the same time as OP, (it’s a gap of 26 days) and I can do the boss rush.
    It doesn’t need to be tuned down, op just needs to do a lower difficulty.
    tbf, quake melts every single fight. I don't have quake any star. By know I'm just making excuses for me being bad lol

Also just putting it out there. My lvl 44 alt with a BHR of 188,449 Prestige of 4,883, who is not even uncollected yet, was able to complete epic.

To be fair, you have the experience you do with your Main. To someone like the OP who is only a year in, it's not as easy.
    And yet then you state the obvious. Has experience on main.
    Why not just say oh but you have more skills than OP so you can obviously do it? Doesn't it just loosely translate to that OP can also get better and then they can do this too? Smh

What kind of a point is oh you experience on main lol? Then just build your experience here. The boss rush is available for weeks keep doing it over and over

I still remember not being able to do a lot of boss rushes early on
    And i remember the 1% permanent regen domino
    Fought her 40times over and that isn't an exaggeration since reviving wouldn't work on a regen node.i had to quit and fight King groot everytime and then domino with my 4* void and somehow get good with this fight
    Eventually after 40 tried it happened
    Since that day my domino fighting skills have been very top notch.

Start working on your skills and if you face trouble ask for advice on how to do it instead of crying about attack values.
    The point is people chime in with their own experiences, which 9 times out of 10 are well beyond the OP, and begin to tell them how easy it should be. Based on their own experience. Someone who is well into the game will no doubt have an easier time, even on their Alt. That's the number one misconception in these discussions. "I found it easy so it's easy.". Only, it's easy for them. Not automatically for where someone else is at.
    The OP has only been playing for a year, and that doesn't mean they're at the same place as someone who starts an Alt and does more in less time. Some people are starting their first round, and all people grow at different paces. If the OP says they think it's too much, for where they're at, then that's about all there is to say. We can't proceed to tell them it's not. That's not ours to determine.
    that's what I am saying get to the other person's skill level. thats why its better to ask for advice rather than just blindly complain
    obviously the other person found it easy since their skill level is higher.
    the OP needs to bring his skill level higher too by practicing this thing over and over again.
    So the OP needs to bring their skill level to the point that they agree with people contradicting their view? I'm afraid that's not how expressing an opinion works.
    who said about not being able to express himself?
    he says he's getting hit then the simple answer to that is get good

did he ask a specific question about how to handle something or not? I don't see it.
    the only thing he says is attack values are high and its not even block hits that are killing him he is just getting hit.

if you cant play well then dont blame the attack values.
    the OP is just barking up the wrong tree.

@GroundedWisdom don't try to always make it out as if everyone is trying everyone else to stop expressing their views or something
    Been literally saying from start to ask better questions and prove how is reasoning right now doesn't even makes sense.

All you have done is point at people and tell them to stop them from expressing THEIR views on his POV.
    Can YOU for once stop telling people to stop expressing their POV on a matter?
    did I say that I was taking a bunch of combos to the face? No I didn't.

xNig said:

One combo from thing is 100% enough to kill my stealthy.
    But I don't get why that's a problem. Yeah, if you get hit, you'll die. That's the point.

If you died from a combo to your block, that would be another thing and a real problem. What you're saying here isn't the problem.
    It was a response to @xNig 's point. I'm not taking a bunch of combos to the face lol
    Gmonkey said:

@lowlevelplayer why would you parry so much punish heavies and specials

punish heavies? The 2 most annoying fights(havok and thing) have unstoppable heavies
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

xNig said:

i play parry and stun can't do perfect quake play so diablo on limber was even more rough and he got more hits and still finished him
    then went on to die from havok with my g2099 that was my unskilled ass but then destroyed the rest of havok with quake yet again

I took a few hits here and there myself and still was able to kill almost 2.5 enemies with quake

whichever champ you play with even r4 you are getting hit a lot if you are dying to the defender
    stealthy has 17k health at R4. I parry 17 times and he's dead. If I block a couple of hits, I'll be dead earlier. Not everyone is an intercept god
    Spider verse characters have notoriously low health.
    You don't have to be an intercept god, there are plenty other ways to avoid block damage that you'll have to learn eventually if you want to progress in the game.
    Stealthy has 7 hit combos, hit things block to give him power and bait a special
    Thing isn't stingy with his heavy attacks learn how to block bait heavies and you can easily punish him

This is epic difficulty, it's going require more than knowing how to parry and dex. heavy handed on havok pushes for people to intercept and reparry. If you're not at that stage yet you have 55 days to practice but the difficulty is fine as it is.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I’ve playing for around the same time as OP, (it’s a gap of 26 days) and I can do the boss rush.
    It doesn’t need to be tuned down, op just needs to do a lower difficulty.
    tbf, quake melts every single fight. I don't have quake any star. By know I'm just making excuses for me being bad lol
    i can do it without Quake (except for Thing). Diablo just needs a science, Havok needs Cyclops or a Armor Up tech. Same for Sinister, tbh. Fury just needs a mutant, and any mystic destroys CMM. Like your Doom.

xNig said:

You don't have to be an intercept god, there are plenty other ways to avoid block damage that you'll have to learn eventually if you want to progress in the game.
    Stealthy has 7 hit combos, hit things block to give him power and bait a special
    Thing isn't stingy with his heavy attacks learn how to block bait heavies and you can easily punish him

This is epic difficulty, it's going require more than knowing how to parry and dex. heavy handed on havok pushes for people to intercepting and reparry. If you're not at that stage yet you have 55 days to practice but the difficulty is fine as it is.
    how am I supposed to punish unstoppable heavies? The unstoppable remains for half a second after the heavy, which is the hit window. Just curious
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

xNig said:

This is epic difficulty, it's going require more than knowing how to parry and dex. heavy handed on havok pushes for people to intercepting and reparry. If you're not at that stage yet you have 55 days to practice but the difficulty is fine as it is.
    how am I supposed to punish unstoppable heavies? The unstoppable remains for half a second after the heavy, which is the hit window. Just curious
    You should be able to ignore the unstoppable with slow applied

xNig said:

You should be able to ignore the unstoppable with slow applied
    I didn't know that slow affected passives lol. Thanks for letting me know!
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    It’s just uncollected eq bosses. Pretty sure the values aren’t boosted from those encounters?

I beat all of these with 4*s in their original quests bar a r4 domino and havok where I had to use r2 cyclops as my only counter, so no you don’t need 5/65s just pick the right counters, learn the nodes and play economically.

Not saying it was easy and for sure had to replay a few quests but did them all 100% in the end.

If it helps I remember well these being my counters.

Thing - void
    Diablo - capiw
    Havok - cyclops
    Sinister - aa / domino
    Fury - aa / domino
    CMM - mephisto

quick question: does crumbling armor effect colossus?
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    edited July 2020

quick question: does crumbling armor effect colossus?

Only if its on a tech defender

Colossus can't be armor broken by anything but tech champs
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Lormif said:

I've been playing about a year, just became Cav and have a very strong roster and I can't do it, but I don't think the problem lies in the difficulty, but more on my reliance on two types of playstyles - parry or baiting and punishing heavies. Now with boss rush Havok that's not possible (Trying to learn reparry). But its here for a long time, and very little energy so I'll keep practicing and hopefully build on my skills. If I complete it, yay, if not then maybe I'll have learnt a new skill at least.

learning to double parry the likes of havok and imiw is key, if you did that you could parry kill your entire way through this boss rush.
    Why is it people can’t intercept...?!! This is ‘epic’ Content and we got people talking about relying on parry.

Let’s hope next week we get 15k attack and all stun immune. This is mean to be top tier content, that’s why different levels I.e. master exist
    I know how to intercept, my comment was just directed at someone who said they rely on parry, and pointing out that it is possible with this content.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

It’s just uncollected eq bosses. Pretty sure the values aren’t boosted from those encounters?

I beat all of these with 4*s in their original quests bar a r4 domino and havok where I had to use r2 cyclops as my only counter, so no you don’t need 5/65s just pick the right counters, learn the nodes and play economically.

Not saying it was easy and for sure had to replay a few quests but did them all 100% in the end.

Thing - void
    Diablo - capiw
    Havok - cyclops
    Sinister - aa / domino
    Fury - aa / domino
    CMM - mephisto

Do AA's neuros stop the debuff transfer on sp1? I've never dared use AA against him.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Berjibs said:

Thing - void
    Diablo - capiw
    Havok - cyclops
    Sinister - aa / domino
    Fury - aa / domino
    CMM - mephisto

Do AA's neuros stop the debuff transfer on sp1? I've never dared use AA against him.
    They do as long as you have enough of them when he throws a lvl1
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Berjibs said:

Thing - void
    Diablo - capiw
    Havok - cyclops
    Sinister - aa / domino
    Fury - aa / domino
    CMM - mephisto

Yes. Anything below 3-4 will depend on luck whether the bleeds/poisons transfer. And you need to get your neuros up before he gets to his sp1. So it’s on the rng side of things.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Berjibs said:

Thing - void
    Diablo - capiw
    Havok - cyclops
    Sinister - aa / domino
    Fury - aa / domino
    CMM - mephisto

Yes. Anything below 3-4 will depend on luck whether the bleeds/poisons transfer. And you need to get your neuros up before he gets to his sp1. So it’s on the rng side of things.
    Frosty said:

Berjibs said:

Thing - void
    Diablo - capiw
    Havok - cyclops
    Sinister - aa / domino
    Fury - aa / domino
    CMM - mephisto

They do as long as you have enough of them when he throws a lvl1
    Good to know! Thanks guys.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

So this alone proves that yes it can done with r4s
    The omega boss rush will be the one thats gonna be real hard
    You have people like Havok which literally counters most of these dudes and Quake which makes pretty much all content a cake walk, and as a bonus you have Warlock in there too. I own Quake and Havok, just don't have the gold to take them up, but can't say "Oh this was easy" with all the counters you need
    dont have warlock
    dont have havok
    dont have the Quake skills but leanring
    'Learning' that is the key boy
    Are you okay kid? It's literally in the screenshot you posted
    You can see your 5 star warlock, 4 star havok and 4 star quake in your team lol. Please, get some glasses or stop drinking this much
    learn how forum replies work and see its lissbliss who posted the screenshot

and you actually have a problem with a person who did it with 4stars too? lmao

so that person has a 4* quake
    if you don't even have a 4* quake or material to rankup a 4* you definitely dont deserve the epic difficulty
    so if I don't have a specific champ I don't deserve to do it? Thats like saying someone doesn't deserve to do 6.2 champion because they don't have symsup. Is that fair?
    There are tons of champs that you can use to do each boss in this rush. The only one that is limited is havok, and even then you can do it with a 4*. It is not a matter of champs, it is a matter of skill.
    I just tried thing again with stealthy. Fight was going pretty well, until I missed an intercept and took a single hit. 5k non-crit, took off half my health lol.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★

my only problem with boss rush is that havok otherwise i can do it with 4 stars

use havok or cyclops for him then
    I would have loved a havok myself
    dont have him on 5* level though
    I just read the whole thread and you seem like a real pro so I just wanted to ask you if there is a way to avoid getting plasma charges on you while fighting havok/ champs who can shrug it off/ avoid taking damage from it (and by the way, is warlock a good counter and how will he work here??), your help will be greatly appreciated.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

my only problem with boss rush is that havok otherwise i can do it with 4 stars

use havok or cyclops for him then
    I would have loved a havok myself
    dont have him on 5* level though
    I just read the whole thread and you seem like a real pro so I just wanted to ask you if there is a way to avoid getting plasma charges on you while fighting havok/ champs who can shrug it off/ avoid taking damage from it (and by the way, is warlock a good counter and how will he work here??), your help will be greatly appreciated.
    If you're good with Quake, she works.
    would nick work for thing?
  • De_Potato_SaladDe_Potato_Salad Posts: 471 ★★★
    Edeuink said:

Do a lower difficulty if you think the attack values are too high.

I was about to agree. But saw 69 and thought it would be best not too xD