**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5.4.5 Mephisto

TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
I am working on exploring Act 5 right now and spending the least amount of units on revives.
I am thinking of using my rank 3 5 star Quake and rank 4 5 star Sunspot on the Mephisto. Would this be a good strategy?
Or should I rank up quake to rank 4 before attempting this?

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Mayis said:

I am working on exploring Act 5 right now and spending the least amount of units on revives.
    I am thinking of using my rank 3 5 star Quake and rank 4 5 star Sunspot on the Mephisto. Would this be a good strategy?

I managed to beat him with R3 unawakened Void. If u have at least middle-lvl skill, I think Sunspot can get the solo. Quake is a bad variant, because Mephisto gains his aura and hence the power
    But against Quake, wont Mephisto only gain power at the start of the fight? Because later in the concussion should stop the aura of incineration
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Void is the best counter for Mephisto.
    Even a low rank 4* version can dominate in this fight 👍
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Void is the best counter for Mephisto.
    Even a low rank 4* version can dominate in this fight 👍
    A 4* torch would also do very well.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

A 4* Torch with pre fight should wreck him too if available
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I used my rank 4 void to solo him every time even with suicides on. It's a very cheap, carefree and easy fight with him!
    Torch with prefight can work wonders, just keep an eye on that power gain.
    Alternative counters are obviously blade (preferably with sparky synergy) and gulk used to be the best (face me for days!)
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    i used a rank 3 Red Hulk against humanity. once you get RHulk to 10 heat charges he takes almost no damage and also doesn’t give off incinerate
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Void can smash him into pieces :)
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I used Havok
  • IronStrangeIronStrange Posts: 103
    I used duped CAIW,he is pretty easy. Dont hit when he has aura on, wait. Then parry and heavy. Really easy solo!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Pennmabob said:

Mayis said:

Mayis said:

I managed to beat him with R3 unawakened Void. If u have at least middle-lvl skill, I think Sunspot can get the solo. Quake is a bad variant, because Mephisto gains his aura and hence the power
    But against Quake, wont Mephisto only gain power at the start of the fight? Because later in the concussion should stop the aura of incineration
    Its not safe I guess. When quake evades, concusion dissapears, u cant guarantee that aura will not activate at that small window. I think it would be a very stressfull fight.
    Mephisto doesn't just randomly gain aura of incineration. He gets it when you hit him, so just wait out the first aura, and then it's smooth sailing. Worked for me.
    He has a node where he activates his aura at the start of the fight and every 30 seconds. You can't prevent the one at the start, and there's a small window where you can mistime the successive activations.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Colossus is a beast for this too. Void was MVP, but colussus is no slouch here either since he's incinerate immune and parry/heavy will drop Mephisto quickly.