**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Crit Me With Your Best Shot

2»

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

The node description needs to be fixed at least, or the node interaction changed if its is not intended. This is a good catch.

The node says non-crit hits do 0% damage. It does not say "only crits can do damage". Those are two vastly different things. The former addresses only "non-crit hits" and says nothing about damage over time effects like bleed, poison, OR's degen, quake's aftershocks, or direct damage like nullify from Symb Supreme.

If Kabam wanted the node to be that you could only do any damage through critical hits, it should say "takes 100% less damage from any source", or "only takes damage from critical hits".

Kabam, hire this guy.
  • DrekDrek Posts: 35

To be very honest, I understood it as only critical hits do damage. "The defender takes 100% less damage from hits that are not critical" translates to me as only critical hits do damage. 100% less = 0 damage. That's just me though.

I will agree with the second part, that they should fix it to clarify regarding damage over time, like bleed & whatnot. But the whole hits part, seems pretty obvious to me.

This. Seemed pretty straightforward. Although I didn’t read the first node against Gulk and was like “wth?” 😂

I need to get better at reading nodes

• AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Ha, yeah, I went in with X-23, thinking that sure, normal hits won’t do anything, but crits and Bleed all the way! ... why aren’t they taking any bleed damage...? They even proc on crits!
  • F1TLYFEF1TLYFE Posts: 56
    I hate this node so much it's horrible the fight can go on for so long ! And it's very misleading I have a group with DOT and nothing happens whatsoever
  • Huskers327Huskers327 Posts: 105
    I am late to the party on this, I never really noticed it because I’d also use ghost for those nodes. Until I went to take on annihilus with crit me with your best shot and critical setup in 6.4.2 with a symbiote supreme. I figured DOT still worked since the node only talked about hit and was frustrated when I realized SS bleeds weren’t doing anything. Either DOT needs to work or they need to change the description.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★

I am late to the party on this, I never really noticed it because I’d also use ghost for those nodes. Until I went to take on annihilus with crit me with your best shot and critical setup in 6.4.2 with a symbiote supreme. I figured DOT still worked since the node only talked about hit and was frustrated when I realized SS bleeds weren’t doing anything. Either DOT needs to work or they need to change the description.

Why are you reviving a dead thread?
    Arsoz said:

Edeuink said:

He probably searched for it which is why he said "i am late to the party"
    If he wanted to talk about crit me with your best shot, he should have just opened a new thread on it.
    Arsoz said:

Edeuink said:

Arsoz said:

Edeuink said:

If he wanted to talk about crit me with your best shot, he should have just opened a new thread on it.
    But when other people make a thread about a topic already discussed then they would say use the search option
    When people revive dead threads, no one tells them to use search. When there are 10 threads about compensation on the first page of general discussion, people tell others to use search.
    Arsoz said:

Edeuink said:

Arsoz said:

Edeuink said:

But when other people make a thread about a topic already discussed then they would say use the search option
    Also, if that was true, the forums would be full of revived threads because almost everything has already had a thread made about it before.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Well, I think "duplication" is pardonable for personal achievement kind of threads like "I beat LoL" or "I pulled this godtier champ" or "I got cavalier". For other threads such as this one, I don't see why revival is a crime IMO, since duplication is what's frowned upon by the rules (basically).
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Agreed, description should be changed to include damage from all sources. OR’s spores, SS damage, Quakes aftershocks etc aren’t crits but should still work based on the description. This can mislead players that aren’t aware of this and wrongly bring the champions above