**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Black Widow bug

I don't know if many people use BW since she was gutted but I've observed recently that her specials don't always activate her crit boosts like they used to. It's a similar bug to Beast where you unleash a special and simply nothing happens. Just happened to me today fighting Ant-Man. Can this please be investigated?

Comments

• Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Was Ant-Man duped?

Also I think it has to do with CR and DR. So stuff doesn't stack as well. Meaning less crits on crit buffs. At least that what I think.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    What I mean is her yellow buffs didn't even activate. Ant-man was duped but Glancing only affects the crit chance/damage - it shouldn't completely nullify her abilities. He's not Doctor Strange. Neither should challenger rating. Not sure what DR is?
    DR is Diminishing Returns. Not sure if Kabam ever finished explaining what CR and DR are and do exactly. There was supposed to be a chart.

Anyways, it sounds like she is bugged.
    Ah right - forgot about that one. Some clarity on that would be helpful I agree. But yeah this seems like a bug.
  • Fpaez87Fpaez87 Posts: 24
    It's not a bug, antman sig ability reduces enemy offensive ability accuracy, fight against a highly duped antman and you'll notice offensive abilities not triggering, like bleeds, stuns, shocks, black widows subtlety, etc.
    Fpaez87 wrote: »
    It's not a bug, antman sig ability reduces enemy offensive ability accuracy, fight against a highly duped antman and you'll notice offensive abilities not triggering, like bleeds, stuns, shocks, black widows subtlety, etc.

The issue is with the Precision and Cruelty buffs icons not popping up.
  • Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    If the offensive abilities is reduce till it wont activate

How is it possible u see the buff appear
    Arus25 wrote: »

Timing is everything with Ant-Man, although as soon as you activate Black Widow special, the buffs icon should appear. It depends, on just how AM sig actually works.
    No it did not

I tried usinf vision age of ultron sp2 on antman

I sp2 for 5 in a row
    Not a single time power drain is activated

Antman skills have priority in time.
    Therefore the buff wont even appear at all
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Arus25 wrote: »

Timing is everything with Ant-Man, although as soon as you activate Black Widow special, the buffs icon should appear. It depends, on just how AM sig actually works.

It appear means it is activate
    But antman skills is not allow it to activate
    Not deactivate it after it is activate
    So you should not see it even in the first place
    However the chance to glance never reaches 100% though, but I guess even at sig 99 it should be high enough to prevent buff from appearing, unless Black Widow is bugged. We really need an official answer to this.
    Well you see
    Even vision power drain should be 100% can be glance for 5 in a row

What is bw
    I think Black Widows buff icons should appear, the resulting damage should be effected by Ant- Mans glancing not the buff icons themselves. Something like regen I could see not activating off of attacks to Ant-Man.
    Her cruelty and precision buffs are offensive abilities, therefore if the first hit of her special is glanced, they won't trigger, if you want to trigger her buffs, try timing your specials in a way that the first hit won't land, that way the buffs will trigger.
    That makes sense
    I forgot to mention that antman can't glance your special 3, so black widow will trigger her buffs and have a chance to stun him.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Was Ant-Man duped?

Also I think it has to do with CR and DR. So stuff doesn't stack as well. Meaning less crits on crit buffs. At least that what I think.

The OP said that sometimes, nothing happens when a special is triggered. Therefore, diminishing returns is DEFINITELY not the answer, because diminishing returns only affects flat stats such as health, attack, critical rating, etc. But NOT the chance to trigger something.

As for challenger rating, I myself have not really understood what it really does. I know it affects stats depending on whether your CR is higher or lower than the opponent, but whether those stats include the chance of triggering something, I don't know.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    CW does the same this.
    They both reduce enemy's offensive ability accuracy, which is the chance of trigger something by using an attack.
    It works against attacks and special attacks.
    So, not a bug
    edited September 2017
    Fpaez87 wrote: »
    Her cruelty and precision buffs are offensive abilities, therefore if the first hit of her special is glanced, they won't trigger, if you want to trigger her buffs, try timing your specials in a way that the first hit won't land, that way the buffs will trigger.

Now that's interesting. I seem to remember this happening against other champs than Ant-Man but I'll have to test it more. I don't use her as much these days since her nerf.

Vision however is a poor example because it is well known that he is bugged and has been for a while.